Florida Resident Question

Steve42906

Earning My Ears
We are traveling with family from another state. In order to get the Florida resident rate for everyone we have at least one person from Florida registered in each cabin. Will it be a big deal to switch cabins on the ship?

Yes and No. I have done this twice. Disney does not seem to care who sleeps in which room. However, do know that each person is assigned to their muster location based on which cabin they are tecnically registered in. Also, if a minor is not registered in the same cabin as their parent a trip down to guest services with the guardian whose cabin the minor is registered in and the parents will need to be made. They must fill out paperwork to allow the parents to take the minor on and off the ship as well as sign them out of the kids clubs...I'm not sure how cabin accounts are handles as I was traveling with close family and we just put everything on one account (mine) and then my siblings and parents paid me for their charges at the end of the cruise. It all takes a bit of planning but the savings is worth it in my opinion.

The other nice thing about booking this way, at least for us, was that we technically had my husband as the lead on one cabin and me as the lead on the other. Both of us had several DCL under are belt. Those traveling with us were newbies. This allowed for me to book all of our adult dinning and excursions at once and we knew we would all be together for these events.

Yes and No. I have done this twice. Disney does not seem to care who sleeps in which room. However, do know that each person is assigned to their muster location based on which cabin they are tecnically registered in. Also, if a minor is not registered in the same cabin as their parent a trip down to guest services with the guardian whose cabin the minor is registered in and the parents will need to be made. They must fill out paperwork to allow the parents to take the minor on and off the ship as well as sign them out of the kids clubs...I'm not sure how cabin accounts are handles as I was traveling with close family and we just put everything on one account (mine) and then my siblings and parents paid me for their charges at the end of the cruise. It all takes a bit of planning but the savings is worth it in my opinion.

The other nice thing about booking this way, at least for us, was that we technically had my husband as the lead on one cabin and me as the lead on the other. Both of us had several DCL under are belt. Those traveling with us were newbies. This allowed for me to book all of our adult dinning and excursions at once and we knew we would all be together for these events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter