Flying First Class w/infant???

Originally posted by sgtdisney
And just to make it clear, I have flown first class numerous times in my life and many, many times as a child. Of course, I was always a pefect angel. :)
How come I am having a hard time believing the part about being a perfect angel? ;) :teeth:

As to the OP's question...go ahead and fly first class and enjoy yourself.

Originally posted by Mikelly1221
Hi! Bat4less, how did the flight attendant "take care" of the problem of the loud and obnoxious child. For some reason, I'm getting mental images of seats on the wing!! :D

Thank you for asking. I was picturing a solution involving parachutes.

Peggy

Originally posted by Miss Jasmine
How come I am having a hard time believing the part about being a perfect angel? ;) :teeth:

As to the OP's question...go ahead and fly first class and enjoy yourself.

LOL!!! WELL!! ;) Most of the time?? Seriously though, we flew First Class rather regularly, especially since my Dad was an Airline pilot and we were non-revving. I remember all the rules.. Be inconspicuous, respectful, quiet, etc. Of course this was during the 70s when flying was a 'slightly' different experience. I remember laughing because we had to wear a suit and tie if we wanted to get 'bumped' up to the front cabin. Even in those days an 8 or 10 year old with a tie on was not a common sight. I never could figure that rule out. Instead of being 'inconspicuous', I always felt obvious when I was flying that way. I am off to FLL this AM for a family visit. See you on the DIS next week.

If you have a generally well behaved baby, no problem. Don't change the diaper on the seat (gross!!!),

I have a dumb question, but for some reason I can't help but ask....LOL...My kids are no longer in diapers and thankfully I have never had to change them in a plane, but where else would you change a baby on an airplane?? You certainly wouldn't be able to do it in the bathroom! LOL I am just curious because *if* I ever had to change a child, I always had a pad type thing that is as big as the baby to change them on and I guess I was thinking I would have had to change them on the seat?? Either that or smell something really nasty for the rest of the flight?? LOL

Just wondering is all! :)

Beanie, my DS is now 3 1/2 and out of diapers, but when he was 1 1/2, we flew to Tahoe to visit my SIL & her family. Well, he needed to be changed and I really didn't want everyone smelling what I was smelling, so I took him into the lav. It was a while ago and I don't remember exactly how-I think I just lowered the lid, put down the changing pad, and went to work. What I do remember was having no space and it being very uncomfortable for my son. We were very entertaining, I'm sure! Needless to say, DH got to change the next one.

You just do what you've gotta do! :)

LOL Mikelly! I was thinking it *might* be possible in the bathroom, but man, you must have been squished! LOL I can only imagine that adventure! LOL I am still thankful I have never had to do it!! :)

Thanks for the explanation! :)

I ONLY fly first class(exclusively), usually Delta. Our family thoroughly enjoys the service and accomodations offered by this level of service. I could care less if there are babies (I used to have one...she's 15 now), or dogs..(have one of these too!), or a monkey (always wanted one when I was little!) on the flight with us in FC. LOL! If you are paying for the fare...no one else should have a say in the matter. Who cares what others think? Children (including babies) are people too. DD and I often play games traveling in FC, and some of the "Stuffies" make faces and noises to display their disatisfaction in the choice of our activities! TOO FUNNY! We ignore them, and quietly enjoy ourselves. Life is too short to worry about offending others all the time. Especially, in these circumstances. Boy, some folks think they RUN THE WORLD! Have a great time...and if the baby cries, too bad. This is something babies have been known to do! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter