Flying Fish Cafe

OKWAnneMarie

DIS Veteran
The Flying Fish Café is at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. It has a pleasant atmosphere and it the place was hopping. :sunny:

We had a waiter named Johnny, who was courteous and well-informed.

I started with a Salad of Arugula and Fennel (with nicoise olives, red onions, frisee, lemon-poppyseed vinaigrette). It was very tasty and I enjoyed it.

My husband had some type of lobster salad, which he liked.

I wanted to order fish :fish: for my entrée, but it didn’t want it to be undercooked (like the fish I had at Bluezoo), but Johnny, the server, assured me the fish would be thoroughly cooked and nice and hot.

So, I had their signature dish, the Potato-Wrapped Snapper with Creamy Leek Fondue and Red Wine Butter sauce. It was delicious, cooked through and through and very hot (the way I like it).

My husband had the Char-Crusted New York Strip Steak with potatoes and asparagus. It was cooked perfectly (medium-rare) and he was a happy camper. The steak was very tender and full of flavor. It was MUCH better than the steaks at Shula’s. :thumbsup2

We skipped dessert (because I had some French pastries in my room for later). ;)

The Flying Fish doesn’t have big portions, but the food is very good and I would eat there again. :)

Thanks for the review! We'll be dining there next week and I'm looking forward to going there. :)

I'm glad to hear a good report on the Fish entree you had. I've read a few posts that said it was tasteless and bland. That's what I'm planning on having!! :woohoo:

That leek fondue is one of my favorite things next to the banana napolean. Wish they would bring that back.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

PrincessAurora said:
That leek fondue is one of my favorite things next to the banana napolean. Wish they would bring that back.

That leek foundue didn't sound very appetizing, but it was DELICIOUS! I loved it.

:wave: Hi ya'll

I've seen the pictures of the snapper wrapped in potato, but does this restaurant have "Grilled Red Snapper w/crabmeat"? or maybe some Grilled
Red Snapper w/crawfish etouffee? :confused3

I thought I'd ask the experts on this one, I've never been to this restaurant.
Maybe this will be a first. :thumbsup2

thanks again !

Loved reading the review of our favorite restaurant at Walt Disney World. I always get the strip and my DH last time got the snapper. He normally gets the salmon and LOVES it. :)

Thanks for the review .We tried Flying Fish for the first time last December and really liked it. I also had the Potato- Wrapped Red Snapper and it was my favorite meal of our whole trip. :)

FF has the best steak I have ever eaten. Coming from a big family of meat eaters that says alot. I am glad you enjoyed your meal. We love FF.

Amen to that! The NY strip is always perfectly cooked and a great cut. I do feel it is a tad ironic that I get the steak at the FF.

We had the lobster salad at FF during our trip 3 weeks ago and loved it! The lobster was so fresh and the creme fraiche(sp) sauce was just wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter