Flying from Canada are our only choices WestJet or Air Canada

I have flown Alaska twice, to Disneyland. Have had a great experience both times. Also try America West!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

Depends where you are flying out of. We flew on Americawest (US Airways) from Orlando through Phoenix back to Calgary. Flight was fine except the Phoenix to Calgary was on a Canadair Reigional Jet which for me (6'2, 220lbs) was a little uncomfortable (and obviously no movie or TV). Truth be told, Ive flown Air Canada, Westjet, AmericaWest and Delta or the past year and Westjet is the best because of the Live TV(not on all plans but been lucky so far) and the fact that most of WestJets flights are direct if you are heading to the USA..(depending on where you are flying from) PM me if you have any more questions..

Thanks
Robb

Given a choice I always fly Alaska...they have great service and convenient flight times, at least from Vancouver. They fly direct between YVR and LAX really often! I don't mind Westjet either but their flight times have not worked out for us....I'm not a huge fan of Air Canada (I get a lot of grief about that, we live near YVR and lots of our friends work or fly for them!). :blush:

We flew Air Canada May '04
We flew WestJet Dec '05

The difference? Not much.

They both flew nonstop from Calgary to LAX. (2hours and 40 minute flight time)
They both gave free beverages and snacks (sesame snacks on AC, cookies on WJ)
Both sold sandwiches for around $5.00, and candy.
Both had good service, nice people.

Prices were the same. They may look different on the web, but they will match each other, so go with the one with the flight times that work best for you. (mind you, when we flew AC, we got Kids Fly Free, which was soooo awesome. WJ also puts on good seat sales, check it everyday)

The planes were the same size (3 seats per side)

The only difference:

Westjet had leather seats, and you get your own tv on the seat ahead of you. Bring a set of headphones, or you can buy some on the plane for $1, cheap ones, or $3, better quality ones. You get 24 channels to choose from. This was an awesome feature. The kids just watched tv almost the whole time.

Westjet also always tells you a joke. But AC does now too.

My brother will only fly WestJet, he believes they are the best.

I have flown Air Alaska 5 trips so far and pay about $300/return from Calgary including taxes. I never pay more than $350 and I book through their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter