Flying into FLL & cruising out of Miami

Suzette5181

Earning My Ears
Has anyone recently done this that could recommend a good hotel to stay at (preferably 1/2 way in between) the night before? I would like to try and use Uber to cut down on expenses and finding something halfway in between would help to achieve that.

Thanks in advance!

I have done the reverse. Flown into MIA and sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale. I am not sure if you have made the drive between the two, but its a crazy drive for only being 38 miles! We decided to stay close to the port and we are glad we did. Not having to deal with the traffic between the two was great. And with just a 5 minute Uber in the morning, we were able to start the cruise nice and relaxed. Long story short...I can't help with a hotel in between, but I hope you with consider staying closer to port for your peace of mind! :-)

I've done it a couple of times and I'm doing it again in November. However I chose to stay near the port in Miami so I can't help with hotels in between.

I am doing this in a few weeks, but am staying in Downtown Miami near the port. I wouldn't bother trying to stay half-way, if you stay near FLL then you have plenty of options for transportation to port on the day of your cruise and if you stay downtown then you are only a 10 minute ride to the port.

We stayed near the airport in FLL then used a hotel shuttle over to MIA in the morning. I think it was an Embassy Suites free on points. No problems at all! Choose a hotel either near the airport or cruise port, either will be fine. I wouldn't bother trying to find one in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter