FOOD OVERLOAD - Our 8 Day Report on the Dining Plan (w/Pics)(Updated:Jan 17 w/Day 7)

very good trip report and i am sorry about WCC me and my wife ate there and we had a great time but all said it depends on your server if you are going to enjoy it or not

Holy great reviews Batgirl!! lol....ok no more of that I promise!

My mom and I went on a trip ourselves just a few years ago and it was something that I never forgot! I am so glad that you and your mom got to do this trip and enjoy your time together! It seems as though you had a great time and great food!!

Thanks again for the reports and cant wait to see Day 7! Thanks for the pics too! No matter how many time I read the reports of the same restaurants I still love to stare at the photos....while trying to control my drool! :goodvibes

What a great Dining Report!! I love all the pictures and everything looks so delicious .. i really liked that you guys tried a lot of things that weren't usual. For example it was the first time I'd ever seen pictures of the chicken at coral reef.. it looked GREAT! :) Great job on the reviews!:thumbsup2

Sorry about your bad Whispering Canyon experience, but glad all else was good.

Now, what is IN that Dream-tini?!:drinking:

(We need a Dreamtini smiley)

Sorry about your bad Whispering Canyon experience, but glad all else was good.

Now, what is IN that Dream-tini?!:drinking:

(We need a Dreamtini smiley)

I think it's vodka, caracao, peach snapps, pineapple juice and of course a nice blue glowcube. (that's where all the flavour is lol)

Yes we really need a dreamtini smiley :drinking1 This just doesn't cut it

Thanks again to everyone reading and replying. Soon I'll be posting our last full day with Le Cellier as well as a little post trip wrap up.

Great report and LOVE the pictures! Thanks for your experiences!

We had same experience at WCC the first time, no interest in our table having fun, our waiter didn't seem to be participating with anyone. We did however try it again on another trip and much more fun, for breakfast the 2nd time. I do think it has something to do with the dining plan sadly, first time we used it. Next trip since it was something my mom added we paid out of pocket.

Great reviews! Thank you. But hurry up with Le Cellier! I haven't been there yet (going in September) and I can't wait to see your pictures!

I promise it's coming soon. It's all written up, just waiting for my mom to write up on the things she ate. You should seeing it within the next day (i'm hoping 2nite)
:yay:

Wow!! I just stumbled on your reviews tonight and are they every wonderful! I have never before been tempted to make a trip to Coronado Springs for the Pepper Market, but it really looks excellent and seeing photos makes me think we might have to head there on our next trip. How are the breakfasts?

Day 7
December 7 2006

Hey Everyone! Again, thanks so much for everyone who is reading and posting.

Sorry it took me so long to get this day out here. Hopefully my final thoughts post won’t take as long.

So today was our last real day at Disney. So depressing. Tonight we were also going to go to MVMCP. So we decided in honour of our last night we wanted to have dinner at Le Cellier, but because of the party is had to be a fairly early dinner, so we booked for 4:50pm.

So we spent the morning in Epcot wondering around World Showcase. We decided to keep us going to split some Fish n Chips at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop.

IMG_0790.jpg

Now I don’t eat fish, so by split I mean I ate mostly fries, and shared some with this adorable duck lol.

IMG_0793.jpg

My mom had the fish and she said it was quite tasty and just the right size portion.

Bill (not Exact)
Fish + Chips - $7.99
Pop - $2.09
Shortbread - $1.69
Total - $11.77
Cost to Us - $0.00
Credits Remaining – 3 Counter Service

As we walked around we decided to get a Margarita Fiesta. So Yummy!

IMG_0788.jpg

Bill (Exact)
Margarita - $7.75
Tax - $0.51
Total - $8.26

Dinner
Le Cellier
Epcot
4:50pm

IMG_0797.jpg

Overall Service : First off the staff here were amazing. Very polite and talkative and the service was quick as well. When we told out hostess who seated us we were from Canada we ended up talking to her at our table for a good 10minutes about what really is Canadian food, and how much the 360 film on Canada made us laugh (all it was missing was Celine Dion and the Canadian Cliché would be complete lol)

IMG_0802.jpg

First off, we of course had to get drinks. I’m not a big wine drinker (except for ice wine) But that’s more for dessert, plus we know we could get it back home for a lot cheaper.

So I got the Dreamtini for a second time. It was just as good, but a note to all, Le Cellier uses much smaller glasses compared to Boma.. The one I got at Boma was literally twice the size.

IMG_0800.jpg

My Mom got a glass of wine. Jackson Triggs Proprietors Reserve Merlot, she said the taste is quite dry and fruitful and it went well with her mushroom filet mignon.

But the most amazing thing of all was we got WATER!!! Beautiful fresh tasting water!! Me and my mom have always had an issue with Florida water, every where we went we always found it smells. And this actually came up with our waitress and she explained she was going through the same thing (she had only started 4 days earlier) So she then told us we could get bottled water as part of the dining plan. So we jumped on that, and only wish we knew this earlier.
Here’s a pic of our wonderful water.

IMG_0799.jpg

We of course got the amazing bread sticks. It really is hard to pick a favourite, there all so good. Just fresh and warm, you just have to be careful to not make a meal out of them

IMG_0803.jpg

Me and my mom both started with the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - smoked bacon and Moosehead beer. We tried it last year during the Wine and Food show and loved it. It’s amazing how much you get, it’s very filling. Definitely is a must try for Le Cellier

IMG_0805.jpg

I had the 7 oz. Filet Mignon - glazed with maple barbecue sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes. I really think this is best steak I’ve ever had. I got it Medium Rare and it literally just fell apart in your mouth and melted. SOOO GOOD. The maple sauce is a perfect compliment to the steak, you get a nice hit of flavour without overpowering the great taste of the meat itself. And the cream cheese potatoes were amazing as well.

IMG_0806.jpg

My Mom had Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - Baby Bella wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce, topped with fried parsnips. The steak was cooked to perfection (rare) the mushroom risotto was creamy and the mushrooms did not over power the risotto or the steak.

IMG_0807.jpg

For dessert we were both just stuffed silly. But there was no chance we were passing up dessert! So I got the Chocolate Mouse. Which was really good, and who can pass up something so adorable? Also I keep noticing it being put on Children’s menus, but when we went the Moose was on the dessert menu with everything else.

IMG_0809.jpg

My mom got the Creme Brulee Sampler - Maple creme brulee with carmelized sugar, and Cinnamon whipped cream vanilla creme brulee with carmelized sugar and Vanilla whipped cream. It was to die for. It was just the right portion again. Her favouite was the maple cream but both were very good.

IMG_0810.jpg

The Bill (Exact)

I have the exact total for this one, but not the break down.
EXACT TOTAL (food only) $102.22
For those interested in prices, these are the prices of what we had based on Allears prices.

Soup - $4.99
Soup - $4.99
Mushroom Steak - $27.99
Filet Minion - $26.99
Brulee - $5.99
Moose - $3.99

Unfortunately I don’t have a receipt for the drinks. We must have forgot to grab it.

Credits Remaining : 0 Table Sevice 

After dinner we went to MVMCP which was amazing. And I must say the hot chocolate and cookies they hand out are very very yummy!

And so ends our last full day. I’m going to work out a final thoughts post to see how the dining plan worked for us etc.

Thanks again!!!

Your reviews were Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!! I loved them. Thank you! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read your final thoughts!

Yum! Great pics! :thumbsup2 I can't wait for our dinner there next week!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter