For a direct purchase how much can be placed on a credit card?

You can put your entire purchase on a credit card or multiple credit cards if you need to. Disney Chase Visa offers 6 months no interest on DVC direct purchases.
No interest, but don't they charge you a fixed "monthly fee"? Which in my mind is the same as interest.

someone posted about the Wells Fargo Active Cash Credit Card. Its a compelling offer if u can get approved

No interest, but don't they charge you a fixed "monthly fee"? Which in my mind is the same as interest.
Yes you have to make a minimum monthly payment, but that is applied towards the principal which you are going to have to pay off.

No fee to use the 6 months 0%, just make sure you pay it off before that ends.
That's great! Do you have to jump through any hoops for that, or does it automatically happen if you don't pay off the full balance at the end of the first pay period?

That's great! Do you have to jump through any hoops for that, or does it automatically happen if you don't pay off the full balance at the end of the first pay period?
It is automatic. Your statement will read
DVC ESCROW PAYMENT.
Just remember to pay off the entire balance before the 6 months or all the accumulated interest will be added back in.

It is automatic. Your statement will read
DVC ESCROW PAYMENT.
Just remember to pay off the entire balance before the 6 months or all the accumulated interest will be added back in.
Thanks, I will definitely do that!

Thanks all for the information. It's been a long time since I purchased anything direct. For the dues, I assume I get charged for the full year correct?

Thanks all for the information. It's been a long time since I purchased anything direct. For the dues, I assume I get charged for the full year correct?
You can have the dues withdrawn monthly from your bank account or you can pay them off fully by Jan 15. If you have a Target Red card you can purchase Disney Gift Cards at a 5% discount and then use those Gift Cards to pay off your dues.

Dues are assessed and paid on a calendar year basis and have no relationship to UY. If you buy direct, you’ll pay 2023 dues prorated from the date you sign the contract. Then in January you’ll pay 2024 dues or set up monthly autopay.

If you buy resale, who pays what dues is negotiable.

For a direct purchase how much will Disney allow to be placed on a credit card?
100%. They’ll also arrange for the charges to hit your credit card over time. I purchased an add on & although I had the cash on hand to pay for it, I wanted the rewards from running it through my Disney Chase card but didn’t want all of my available credit on that card to be used in a one time purchase, so I asked DVC to schedule 3 credit card charges each a week apart and as each one hit I paid it off. At the time some people were spreading charges out for 60 or 90 days.

We called Chase and they gave us a temporary credit increase. Then Disney let us space out the payments too. But we had the cash for purchase and just wanted more airline miles.

I believe chase is still offering “Pay over time” with no interest for first time users.

As my guide told me, The House of Mouse doesn’t care about using credit cards 😁 and there’s no service charge.

I split my purchase between 3 cards so I could get my points between two cards. I then opened up a new airline card to get bonus sign up miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter