*FOR ALUM*Rehire Status and Seasonal employment

JLC000

Earning My Ears
I had a less than desirable rehire status last Augut when i left my 2nd CP...
( GO SAFARIS). It kept me from being able to be rehired until 6 months of continual employment. Well I got in contact with one of my old GSM and she told me to be reconsidered for rehiring I would have to go through casting to, even to get seasonal. Anyone ever have to deal with that pesky rehire status issue and did it affect you being able to go seasonal?

As you are no longer an Employee of Walt Disney World Co. nor of The Walt Disney Company, you would need to apply to Walt Disney World Resort Casting Services for all types of general Guest Service role employment.

As to whether your restricted rehire status would affect you, it depends on a wide variety of factors. The process tends to be a bit arbitrary and dependent on who you get in Casting.

Please note that General Employment opportunities at the Walt Disney World Resort are currently limited, and that consideration for any and all open roles is being first given to current Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members, as well as transferees from other Business Units within Walt Disney World Co. and The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

I left my CP early and they told me the exact same thing but I applied to be campus rep the following spring and was hired during my phone interview- I had no problems at all...

I was termed because of attendance issues while a seasonal statused CM. My managers (who loved me) told me to come back to Casting in six months and I'd have the job immediately. Unfortunately, I couldn't find another job down in Orlando and had to move home to Chicago.

Honestly, after a year, all points and write-ups are deleted anyway. If you want to make absolutely sure that you won't have a problem getting rehired, wait a year.

As to whether your restricted rehire status would affect you, it depends on a wide variety of factors. The process tends to be a bit arbitrary and dependent on who you get in Casting.

I would say that one of those factors would be the reason why someone got the restricted rehire to begin with and if they own up to the reasons behind it.

Like "my manager just didn't like me" probably wouldn't go far (and probably isn't the real reason either).

Honestly, after a year, all points and write-ups are deleted anyway. If you want to make absolutely sure that you won't have a problem getting rehired, wait a year.

Actually, this isn't true.

Points aren't deleted after a year. They just no longer count towards Discipline (time period may vary depending on CBA).

I've been with Disney for over two years now, and I can still see points from when I first hired in at the Disneyland Resort in 2007. They no longer count towards Reprimands or whatnot because it's been so long (not to mention being issued at another Resort under different rules), but they're still on my Record Card, and anyone who would look at that to determine promotions, rehirings and whatnot (Casting, Management, etc.) can still see it.

The only time notations are deleted completely from a Record Card are when there's been a screw up (Management has given you a notation by accident), favourable IT glitch, or if there's Third-Party (read: Union) intervention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter