For someone who is overweight- what rides should be avoided?

Yeah, everthing is still current. Since my post two years ago I have lost 30 pounds and am now a size 18 and rode the last ride I had yet to ride, Orange Stinger. Fit fine, there used to be a sign that said it had a 200 pound limit but that has been removed, it really didn't have a weight limit, they just put that on there I guess to make people aware it mght be a tight or impossible fit for some. But I rode fine so that's the last one I had yet to try! And it was actually pretty fun.

Thanks so much for the new info :)

Now I feel like I can relax a little bit and focus on building my endurance!!

Linda

I'm a size 12 and I thought Space Mountain was a tight squeeze. I rode with my husband who is a men's size large (36in waist) so he's not huge but for the two of us we felt wedged in.
As I was squishing into my seat, I thought they might need a crobar to get me out!

Overall, I don't think you'll have much of a problem

Hey, guess what! Mulholland is now Pooh-size friendly. When we went a couple of weeks ago, we discovered that the lap bars had been replaced. They are now INDIVIDUAL! The bar is an L shape coming from the middle of the car, allowing for complete adjustability and safety for the riders. This allows Pooh-sized riders to be comfortable and ride with their children.

Space Mountain also has this wonderful lap bar. THANK YOU so much, Disneyland!

Now if they could only do this to Big Thunder Mountain too. It is one shared bar and I won't take my children on it because they slide around way too much when they ride with we parents.

I think the only thing we were uncomfortable in 2 years ago was squeezing me (then a 14), DH (then over 300 lbs and 5'10"), and our 1 year old, into Dumbo. :upsidedow That was perhaps NOT the best idea ever. :)

Last year DH tried, but didn't end up going on astro orbiter; he thought he was getting in that line, but got in the Buzz line instead. So this year will be our first experience with Astro Orbiter, assuming we find the right line.

I remember being on a ride or two last year or the year before, where the difference between my legs and DH's big sumo wrestler legs (and I was more than a 14 last year, unlike in '05) seemed far too big. I didn't like being as airborne as I got on those rides.

But anyway, last year at a 20ish I had no problems with not fitting into rides, and DH hasn't had problems other than worry or just having things be tighter than he wished (nothing like having a weight-related existential crisis AFTER you get to Disneyland!), though he's over 300 and is on the shortER side, being 5'10". And he's big-bellied, big backed (the pix my brother took from the ground of Dumbo have almost all been deleted, b/c DH would have cried had he seen them....do NOT have someone taking a picture of you on that ride if you have a broad, heavy back), and has big sturdy legs, so he carries the weight everywhere...but still, no actual problems.

(this was at DL itself, we haven't yet been to DCA)

The Front seat of Splash MT IF you want to stay dry :D

The Back seat of Splah Mt IF you want to get wet :D

everytime we ride splash i sit in the back and make hubby sit in the front, he gets drenched, i'm pretty dry. . just fyi on that one. . .

the astro orbiters and a pain in the butt to get in and out, but a blast once your on them! my friend almost fell out of hers, but she managed to get out just fine.

you should be fine on most of the rides! have fun!

what about other area attractions, I was interested in Universal Studios, Never been there and really want to go and ride. I am a size 28 and am crossing my fingers that they are as pooh friendly as disney.

what about other area attractions, I was interested in Universal Studios, Never been there and really want to go and ride. I am a size 28 and am crossing my fingers that they are as pooh friendly as disney.

I'm about the same size as you and I rode The Mummy fine....haven't been on Jurassic Park since 2000 and I was thinner then, so can't tell you abut that one.

I don't know about Hollywood, but in Orlando they have a "try it 'n' see" :rotfl: seat outside of the Mummy. It's a little embarrasing to do it, but a whole lot less embarrasing than going through the line and not being able to ride.

I used those "try it 'n' see" seats every chance I got in Florida and found that I was able to go on every ride there that I wanted to, except Jurassic Park which was not running. :banana:

I did a search for this topic, rather than bringing it up myself :blush:
I was glad to find that such a thread exists, because I've been worrying about it since I found out that we're really going (about 3 weeks ago)! I am currently in a size 20-22 approximately.

So, are the answers in this thread still current? Have there been any changes since 2005 when it originated?

It's an embarrassing topic, for sure. I'm trying to prepare my body for all the walking by getting on my treadmill as much as possible to build walking endurance, and just got a new pair of runners today, so I can break them in up until we go in September.

Well, I spent 2006 at WDW, but I was a size 24 in 2005 and my big bottom fit pretty well. I avoid the local thrill park because I don't fit on a lot of the rides and I'm hugely embarrassed by it, so I can't tell you how grateful I am that Disney makes it possible for me to ride with my children.

...I will be going the week of Aug 6th and feel much more comfortable after exchanging emails with TeamTnC. I plan to write a Pooh Sized review when I get back... just because I know I have stressed over our trip and I am greatful TeamTnC put my mind at ease... once I have some first hand knowledge I hope to pass that on.

What a good idea! I look forward to reading it!

Now if they could only do this to Big Thunder Mountain too. It is one shared bar and I won't take my children on it because they slide around way too much when they ride with we parents.

AGREED. I was terrified when I rode with my daughter, who was 6 at the time. I was even frightened when my husband, who is a fairly average size, rode with her--that bar just doesn't go down far enough. I forced my then-11 year old son to ride with her, but he's 13 now and he's grown a heap. I don't know what we'll do if we don't have anyone who can ride with her. Probably bribe her with lots of Space Mountain and Tower of Terror.

The Front seat of Splash MT IF you want to stay dry :D

The Back seat of Splah Mt IF you want to get wet :D

yeah right...I agree with you about the back seat but I got soaked on the front seat and that was where I lost my park hopper:sad2:

btw...I cant do maliboomer but mainly because I cant jump high enough to get over that piece in the front of the seat...ouch...but I dont know about screamin because im just scared to ride that one

try the test car. If you cannot fit you cannot fit. Do not let you limit yourself. See if you can actually fit. But I really think there will be 0 rides you cannot fit on

Last edited:
My husband found the seats in Goofy's Fly School to be way too small. He rode it once, but said never again!

I highly recommend the group on Facebook called “Disney for Plus size guests” , it’s a great resource and group and to answer your question I was a size 26 315lbs at my heaviest and could ride everything outsidenof Silly symphony swings at DCA.
Goofys flight school can be tight in the legs if tall and in the stomach slightly.

Disneyland is very good about things and while some turnstiles in Fantasyland can be tight , you can always ask to enter through the exit/handicap entrance.

Some rides that might be tight include Splash Mountain (maybe), probably Fantasyland rides, and the Incredicoaster (opening June 23) has a shoulder restraint so you might have issues with that. Honestly, at Disney they’re pretty good about making it so many can ride the rides.

Was just there in December. I currently wear a size 24/26. I was able to ride everything. Did not try the swings though. Did all the headliners no problem.

The only one I would not do again would be goofy sky school. I fit but when those brakes hit my tummy paid for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter