Ford Expidition

TripletDad

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW in July of 2003. There will be 7 off us my DW, my inlaws, and my 8yr old triplet daughters. My father inlaw is taking care of the rental car that we will be using at least for part of the time. He went to AAA and they contacted Hertz. They want to give us a Ford Expidition. Does anyone know if this will fit the 7 off us and luggage? The rate was not very good either. I'm trying to talk my father inlaw into a minivan. Does anbody know what Dollar usually rents for a minivan. They seem to have the best rates on minivans.

Thanks TripletDad. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

There is NOT a lot of luggage room in an Expedition, I would consider something else if I were you.

I have an Expedition and there definately is not alot of luggage room. If you don't have a stroller and are not bringing alot of luggage you might be O.K.

We are going with a mini-van from Dollar and they show the Dodge Caravan in the picture.

If you can rent a Ford EXCURSION (instead of the Expedition), you might be able to fit into one of those. That's what we were planning on doing (6 adults and my 22-month son). But by the time we got around to making the ressie, they were all out. We're driving the whole way this time (1000 miles one way). Right now we have two separate ressies (one's an "insurance" policy until we see what we get). The first is for a GMC Safari from National, I believe. The second is for a Chevy Astro (same thing, different name) from Alamo. Technically they're "minivans," but much more cargo room than your run-of-the-mill minivan. These things claim to seat 8 and have about 40 cu.ft. of luggage space. When you have 7+ suitcases and a stroller it's important.
My brother took care of the ressies. He's a Disney Vacation Club member (the Alamo rental) and an Emerald Aisle member (the National rental). Both of the ressies are for around $800 for two weeks. I haven't seen them in person, but my family peeked in one on a lot today and seem to think it will work for us.

We rented a Dodge GRAND Caravan last year when we flew. That was a little cramped, but okay for the drive from the Orlando airport to the resort. Some of us had to hold a suitcase in our lap.

Have you considered renting two cars? With a discount code, renting two intermediate or full size car's may be cheaper than one larger van or SUV. It also can be convenient having the two cars. Dollar has some great code discounts out right now.

RobinLyn:D

For those of you renting minivan's from Dollar, they no longer consider the GRAND Caravan as standard issue. When you are reserving online you are only guaranteed a Caravan. If you want a Caravan they are typically now charging extra for it every day. Let me tell you that a Caravan with all 7 seats in use has substantially less cargo space than a Grand Caravan. They are over 1 foot shorter and most of that is lost in the cargo space.. They will even tell you that at the counter, they used it as a selling pitch last time with me.. Dollar's prices are usually pretty good, even if you factor in a couple dollars more per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter