Four Brits hit the world the TR! ~~~Completed 28/11~~~

:confused: BTW who was that character from a few pages back??

:confused: BTW who was that character from a few pages back??
Glad you're enjoying my TR :goodvibes The character was called Arabella Wisp and apparently she is the clothes designer for the Princesses :confused3 I even googled her and didn't find anything about her except her being in another DIS TR :rotfl2:

Thursday 23rd August

We really struggled to wake up this morning, all those busy days were obviously catching up with us! We waited ages for the bus but were still at AK for 9am, just missing rope drop. Jess and I headed straight for EE whilst Ellie and David went to FP the rapids. As we waited in the queue Jess spots T (DisneyLandMama) grabbing her FP’s so we shout and wave :wave2: saying we’d probably bump into them later, but somehow even though they were easy to spot ;) we never saw them :confused:

We were on in about 5 minutes, the queue area is really cool and I’m so pleased we managed to see all the “real” artefacts :thumbsup2 I was slightly worried about EE after the near death ;) experience on RnR but Jess loved it, no cool ride photos I’m afraid as I was too busy hanging on :rotfl2: My only complaint though was it was too short, could have done with going around again, there again I think I’m so busy making sure Jess is OK I don’t enjoy it myself, next trip yeah!

We make our way over to the rapids to see a huge line, as apparently it doesn’t open till 9.30am, but they’d got FP’s and were right at the front too :thumbsup2 We walked right on and got soaked, but who doesn’t enjoy getting wet in AK in the August heat? They were all eager to go on again so I volunteered to take some photos, I was wet enough already :rotfl:

P1010113.jpg

P1010115.jpg

P1010114.jpg

It was pretty hard to get the photos as the raft kept moving :lmao:

We didn’t really know what to do now, the girls didn’t want to do the safari again, we did it a few days ago, or walk the trails so we grabbed the train to Rafiki’s planet watch, we must have been on the fullest train of the day it was heaving and when we got there we decided it was just way too crowded so we got straight back on and rode back, at least we had a sit down :rotfl2: We were pretty thirsty now, I think it was about 10.15am and I really wanted a float from Tamu Tamu as I’d read they were yummy and came with a cute souvenir straw but they were shut, so was every other stall/kiosk we came upon :headache: Disney really are missing out on $ by not opening them earlier especially in that heat! We were headed for the first Nemo show (11.30am) and as we neared the queue we finally found a frozen lemonade stall just opening :yay: She was having technical difficulties though so just gave us our lemonades :thumbsup2 Now 10.45am so we jumped in line, behind about 60/70 other guests and leisurely ate. Well only a few minutes later they let us in and we had to throw our half eaten lemonades away, luckily they were free huh! We sat right in the middle and they were pretty good seats. Now the nightmare began, CM’s just kept letting more and more people in, every possible seat was taken and still they let more in it was ridiculous, these poor people just wandered round looking for seats, it was absolute madness!!!! Then after all that the show was delayed, one man started chanting “start the show, start the show” :eek: about 1/3 of the audience joined in the others were probably also think OMG so unDisney :sad1: Well eventually it started and I needed a few tissues, so did David but shhhhh I didn’t tell you that :rotfl2: It is a lovely show, bit long and not sure if it’s really worth the huge wait, but really cute, just wish you couldn’t see the actors faces so much!

We now needed another soaking so used our rapids FP’s, the people opposite got completely drenched, isn’t it fun when it’s not you :rotfl2: Lunch was at Pizzafari again and the CM recognised me from the week before, she was so nice and explained that the service was slow today as they had all the Tusker House CM’s training there. Again we had a caeser salad and 2 pizza’s followed by frozen lemonades, we knew we wouldn’t manage all the lemonades so gave one to the family beside us, still sealed, their kids were happy!

As we were leaving we bumped into this guy.

P1010125.jpg

Now we had a great idea, David wanted to buy some golf stuff as prizes for his kids competitions and I wanted to look at some golf clothes so we thought we’d catch the bus to SSR and look in the Pro shop. All went well until we had to find the shop, tucked away behind the main pool, but we walked the long way round and when we got there it was shut :mad: We knew the course was shut but so didn’t think they’d shut the shop too!!! Anyway it meant we could jump on the boat to DTD which we enjoyed.

Next up do we find the cap??????

Great day, Jo, thanks for sharing. I can't believe in that heat there is nowhere to buy a cold drink, very silly. Glad you got the free frozen lemonades though :thumbsup2 I loved the rapids pictures too.

Laur's princess:

The boat docks at DTD and we’re straight to the sports shop, we look high and low, ask the CM’s and no cap, ummm maybe David should have bought it when he saw it :blush: Do you think he was happy with me? Oh well still a few days left and they said they have deliveries all the time!!!!

The pool was calling so we ignored all the shops and waited for an eternity for our bus home, the girls kept us entertained though telling jokes I’ll just share Ellie’s favourite.

Why did the toilet paper roll down the hill?

To get to the bottom :rotfl:

This was repeated several times on the way home followed by fits of giggles :lmao:

We all cooled off with a nice swim, filling our mugs at the dig site, that was one big plus of CSR that they had an additional refill station :thumbsup2 Before catching the bus to MK then changing over to the Monorail. We asked for the front but it was already taken, so had to jump in a normal carriage. The girls managed to get a seat but David and I had to stand which was fine until a man asked David to move so he could take a photo of his family sitting opposite him, we couldn’t believe he’d done this as DH had nowhere to go :confused: Some people hey :rotfl2:

Oh well we were soon to the Poly and checked in at O’Hana’s where we had the longest wait for a table of the entire trip, about 30 minutes!!! But we were lucky and managed to get a table so just chilled :)

We had lovely seats, right by the window over looking MK. Our table was soon loaded up with food but the girls and I were too busy learning to hula :rotfl2:

P1010130.jpg

We had to do it as that was the only way to get the leis :lmao: DH was lucky though as Jess was given 2 by mistake so he had a lei with out participating oh and he had first dibs on the food too :rotfl2: The food here was lovely, the wings especially, although as normal we didn’t eat much! The meat is brought to your table on big skewers and we tried all of it. The potatoes were pretty tasty too, it’s also great fun to see all the meat being cooked. At some point during the meal Jess joined in the coconut races.

P1010146.jpg

P1010135.jpg

We were stuffed by now and didn’t fancy the banana bread and butter pudding basically because I don’t like banana’s or bread and butter pudding :lmao: So we asked just for ice-cream instead. OMG you can’t believe the portion of ice-cream they brought us :faint: It was delicious too, flecked with vanilla, I forgot to take a photo of it until after we’d eaten but you can get the idea!

P1010134.jpg

On our way out we browsed the shops and found that they sold the flashing glow cubes, I think they were about $8 for a pack of 2, so Ellie and I got some and have had great fun with them now we’re home, I know it doesn’t take much!!!!

We monorailed back to MK then transferred to our CSR bus which was driven by a psycho driver, we thankfully got back safely and it was off to bed :goodvibes

another Fab day Joh......glad you survived the pyscho driver :lmao:

i am the same as david with shopping ;)

Another struggle to wake up, I think these long days are beginning to hit us but hey we’re 1000’s of miles from home in our happy place we need to go go go :rotfl2:

Today was another BB day, our third of the trip we love the water parks, after waiting a while for the bus we were there by 8.10am and it was empty, what a difference a week makes and the fact lots of the US kids have gone back to school :thumbsup2

image158.jpg

We did our normal touring plan, boring I know but it works for us! Up on the chairlift, raft ride, steps up to raft again, lazy river for 2 stops, tube’s twice, double dipper then onto the toboggans. David as usual kept beating me right at the last minute, it’s that big belly I’m sure ;) :rotfl2: Ellie kept getting upset though because she weighs the least she doesn’t even make the finish line, I think I said this previously but today she even cried :eek: Didn’t even help when I pointed out that I never won!

So we went back to the top and really annoyed the CM because we did our own race with our own rules! When the CM said go Ellie went we counted to 3 then Jess, another 3 I went then after another 3 (I’m sure he went after 1!!!!) David went. The CM really couldn’t understand what we were doing, obviously we’re strange :confused3 Well we all still beat poor Ellie but this time sprayed her in the face as we zoomed past, whoops, at least we tried hey :lmao:

DH and the girls did snow stormers next, it hurts my back, before we decided on a long laze in the lazy river, OK fair warning there’s TMI coming up, skip the next paragraph if you want to!

My eye has been really inflamed all trip, when I pushed the cyst you could see the pus inside my eyelid, what ever I did I just could not relieve it, well as we’re going around the lazy David looks at me and goes ewww your eye’s exploded :eek: It wasn’t much but thank goodness for chlorine and the fact we were the only ones in there, sorry BB :blush: BTW I had the cyst removed last month and it’s nearly healed, just a bit red still where I lost so many layers of skin due to the sun and swimming in Florida!

So we go almost all the way around the lazy river and decide it’s about time for another raft ride, DH was having a few problems with a contact lens, us and eyes hey :rotfl2: He thought he’d lost it but found it again, in his eye!!!!! He decided to walk up the 101 steps whilst us lazy girls caught the chairlift. We jumped into the single rider line and the girls were soon on their way. Now my turn and it seemed every group arriving was a 3, I literally waited for 10 chairs before finally a 2 came along :yay: I thought the girls would think I’d fallen off, lucky David was already up there!

We did another run down the rapids but this time had 2 kids in with us :headache: You can’t be silly with others in with you, also JMHO but these kids should not have been on their own, they were about the same age as my 2 and even though they’re both really good swimmers, both have their ½ mile badge, I would not let them wander a WP on their own :confused3

image110.jpg

image138.jpg

The girls had some fun in the kids area, still couldn’t master the ice bergs :rotfl: one last float around the lazy river avoiding all those freezing cold sprays before we stopped for lunch. We ate at Avalunch again, this time we splashed out with 3 CS, we had the wrap again (not so nice today) the Southwest salad (nice but slightly strange combination of the mandarins with the lettuce) and a hotdog which Ellie mainly ate. These came with 3 big bags of chips which we ate 2 of and saved one, oh we got 2 large lemonades (way too much) and a large bottle of water which we also saved. We used a SC so we could all get dessert, 2 Mickey cookie sandwiches, yummy, and 2 Minnie Strawberry bars, I love the enormous strawberries in them :goodvibes

It was now about 11.30am and time for another round of golf :rotfl:

Hi Jo

You all looked like you had a great time.

Enjoying reading your reports

My husband craig is also a golf pro and his clubs came to disney with us.

Regards a newbee

Kerry Craig and Adam

Hi Jo

You all looked like you had a great time.

Enjoying reading your reports

My husband craig is also a golf pro and his clubs came to disney with us.

Regards a newbee

Kerry Craig and Adam
Hi Kerry you found my UK TR :yay: It's a bit shorter than the one I have on the main TR board, 82 pages I think :faint:

David played golf whilst we were at WDW, I'm on Friday at the moment and he played on the Saturday so keep reading :goodvibes

At last I have finally caught up

I love your DD's joke (bless her)

It sounds like you were having a fab time, and your photos are great too :thumbsup2

Oww your eye sounds sore Jo, so glad you have now got it all sorted and it healing well:goodvibes Great day and lovely photos:goodvibes

another great day :)

i never buy something when i first see it....in case i might find it cheaper :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter