• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Four Epcot kiosks mini reviews

Forever42

The best part of Disney is the food!
As Mike and our friends were wandering around the World Showcase, we sampled a few foods and drinks. I would like to "drink around the World," but it's more manageable if I do just a few countries at a time.

First, Stasi picked up some chips ($2.59) from the fish and chips stand at the UK pavillion. As the chips we had at the Rose and Crown last week weren't very good, I was eager to try these again. This time, they were very hot, and the potato inside was cooked and even a bit meaty. A big difference from the chips we had last week, which weren't too hot, and looked as if the frying oil needed changing.

I decided to try a muscat wine ($6.25) after discussing wines with my dad a couple weeks ago. He's big into wine and it's slowly diffusing into me. I'm going with the sweet wines first. I had the ice wine at Le Cellier before, and it was fabulous. I stopped at the stand outside the France pavillion, and ordered a glass of the muscat. I'm sorry, I didn't get the brand, but I will next time we go. It was served in a plastic wine glass, and was definitely sweet. It would be a good ending to a dinner, or possibly even with the crepes next door. This wine was actually strong, and made me slightly woozy. I was surprised!

Next I decided to try the Italian margarita ($6.75) at the kiosk in Italy. I love margaritas, so the idea of an Italian one drew me in. The menu said it contained grappa and limoncello. I had tried the limoncello in the store before, and it was STRONG. When I tried the margarita, I was surprised to find that it wasn't strong at all. It was good, but probably would have been better with another shot of limoncello, which would have made it incredibly expensive.

After dinner, I wanted to get another margarita ($7.25) from the margarita stand in Mexico. The lines were incredibly long at this point, but moved quickly. As the Fiesta margarita wasn't that great last time, I decided to try a single flavor. This time a chose mango, and it was much better than the Fiesta one. The tequila taste was much stronger (which I like), and it was much more flavorful overall than the layered one. My only complaint is that it wasn't frozen - it was very cold, but liquid-y, as if the machine was still in the process of freezing it.

Edit:Yahoo photo gallery

eh....I seemed to have missed the Margarita stand in Mexico last time. Okay, note taken for trip next month. Thanks!

I've never seen the italian margarita.........well now...that is a must do on our list.

One question...

In the layered margaritas, which color is the mango flavored?

Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing as I am contemplating "drinking" my way around the world in July.

MANGO MARGARITAS!!

Ohhh! I will have to try that on our "eating and drinking around the world tour" in just 9 days!!!

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

Originally posted by EmmasGrammy
One question...

In the layered margaritas, which color is the mango flavored?

Thank you!!

The mango flavor is the orange one, it'll be the same color as in the picture I have here. The kiwi is bright green, the lime is lighter green, and the strawberry is red. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter