Framing Pictures

ReAnSt

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
I have 4: 16 x 20 inch Disney pictures that I got printed back in January. My life has been so busy that unfortunately they are still sitting in the mailing tube the came in. I want to change this.

This week A.C. Moore has there frames 50% off. So I thought since I'm not working quite as much this week, if would be a good time to work on framing them. I would like to put mats on them. I have never done this before. Unfortunately the largest size pre-cut mat I have seen is for a size 11 x 14 picture to put in a 16 x 20 inch frame.

I was thinking buy 18 x 24 inch frames and then cut my own mats to fit. They have the material to make the mats at AC moore but it is larger than the size I need but not large enough to cut two so I will have extra left over.

Has anyone ever cut there own mats? How hard is this to do? What tools do you need to do this? Does anyone know of anyone good websites that show how to do this? I have looked but haven't seen anything.

Thank you in advance.

Becky

well alot depends on how particular you are and how long you want them to last.If you want a bevel on the mat the equipment can get more pricey. If you want mats that don't harm your art or fade, you need to get acid free mat boards.Alot of craft stores will have a frame shop you can order mats to fit.expect to pay up to $20 each for the acid free.also you might look through frames that have collage openings in them for a better fit(so the mats will be even) I've seen 26x22 inch frames like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter