Free dining 2014

I need to say don't trust disney if they tell you something my bill went from 3569 around about number to 3412 as I was told but she said I will make change for you and you don't have to call back and I'll send email what a mistake to trust disney my new bill 4400

There are soooo many good CMs, so call back once more and ask someone to correct it and then ask to WAIT while they correct it and they should tell you the new price.If you use a land line, you can actually hit your message machine and record them just like they record you. Hold them to it and don't let it slip by. After it's all over, you will forget it and love the experience.:wave2:

Thanks, can't blame a person for trying. It isn't harder for their system, but they are probably stopping people from doing exactly what I was hoping to do.:coffee:

I don't know if this will help, but you can use Disney gift cards at the kiosks. We actually bought one of the reloadable wristlet ones just outside of World Showcase. Use whatever snack credits you have for those that are $5.00 or higher and the lesser priced ones pay on a gift card. Just a thought.

I don't know if this will help, but you can use Disney gift cards at the kiosks. We actually bought one of the reloadable wristlet ones just outside of World Showcase. Use whatever snack credits you have for those that are $5.00 or higher and the lesser priced ones pay on a gift card. Just a thought.

LOL it's the FREE part we were trying to get. We already ordered a DV for the trip and will link our bands to it, so anything we buy is points earned, but DH thought this might be even cheaper. Thanks for ideas, though.:thumbsup2;)

Globalfootprint said:
Whao Whao Whao...

Have I missed something?

Last I saw the FD was becoming available to the GP on the 7th May.... But someone just above said tomorrow.. so the 6th.

Does anyone know any truth to this?

I need to know because otherwise the time difference might make it so im asleep. Lol

If I remember correctly, the person that said tomorrow said it last night (so I was in checking THIS morning!) But I believe it is not til the 7th!

corey0902 said:
We are a family of 6 (5 plus baby) and I was really hoping to stay at POR with free dining. Now that POR is excluded where else can we stay that doesn't cost a fortune or are we better off staying at POR and paying for dining? Any suggestions would be helpful. I've looked into staying offsite as well but it so overwhelming. Then you have to add parking and time traveling in and out of the parks with 4 kids 7 and under. I'd rather have the luxury of taking the buses and being dropped off right at the entrance.

It seems to me that booking 2 value rooms is still quite a bit cheaper than a family suite...

It seems to me that booking 2 value rooms is still quite a bit cheaper than a family suite...

My apologies, you are right, 2 standard value rooms are the cheapest (about $25/day for the end of October) from the 'family suite' at All-Star Music.

I was comparing the 'family suites' to 2 preferred value rooms (since they are in a preferred location at All-Star Music) and the standard rooms at AoA are excluded from the Free Dining offer.

If location doesn't matter, I also agree with jsgrand0, 2 standard rooms is the way to go to save the most $.
If you'd rather be close to the main building/bus stop, especially with little ones, you may want to consider paying the extra to get a preferred location.

Ok, tricky question. I was planning October 3-11. Making October 3 the check-in date to get free dining...but what if I book those dates but can't get there till early morning on the 4th? Will I lose my free dining? I am fine still paying for hotel on 3rd...but didn't want kids to miss school on the 3rd too...

5Dreamers said:
My apologies, you are right, 2 standard value rooms are the cheapest (about $25/day for the end of October) from the 'family suite' at All-Star Music.

I was comparing the 'family suites' to 2 preferred value rooms (since they are in a preferred location at All-Star Music) and the standard rooms at AoA are excluded from the Free Dining offer.

If location doesn't matter, I also agree with jsgrand0, 2 standard rooms is the way to go to save the most $.
If you'd rather be close to the main building/bus stop, especially with little ones, you may want to consider paying the extra to get a preferred location.

Another tip..I have always requested the touchdown building at AS Sports (it is very close to everything) and have always gotten it!

jsgrand0 said:
Ok, tricky question. I was planning October 3-11. Making October 3 the check-in date to get free dining...but what if I book those dates but can't get there till early morning on the 4th? Will I lose my free dining? I am fine still paying for hotel on 3rd...but didn't want kids to miss school on the 3rd too...

Bump! Any idea?

Bump! Any idea?

If I'm understanding you correctly, your actual trip is the 4th thru the 11th. All you need is 3 days/nights in that time frame, so if you book the 4th thru the 11th,using the dv, then you will get free dining.
Am I understanding correctly?

Its not only cheaper, but for us, it was the better choice. We had 5 total, and the suite did not work out for us so well. Better for us to have two adjoining rooms.

When I get online to book free dining for the GP, will I go to the special offers page first in order to find free dining? If I do this at midnight and it is not there, should I assume it is not live yet?

When I get online to book free dining for the GP, will I go to the special offers page first in order to find free dining? If I do this at midnight and it is not there, should I assume it is not live yet?

First, do already have a package booked? If so, you must wait until 7AM EST to go on the phone and if your resort is still able to offer FD, they will simply apply it.

If you have a resort only, you will need to cancel that one and start a package, again that is the phone.

If you are starting from scratch, you can go online, but some veterans are reporting that the "offer" won't necessarily pop up right at midnight, so it might be worth it's there before you book the package in case the resort and room of choice is not available for FD.

If I am traveling with my in-laws and they do not have a Disney Visa. Can I pay the $200 reservation for my room and my in-laws room and book the reservation before it is available to the general public?

If I am not mistaken you can attach up to 3 rooms to your card.

We are starting from scratch. Do you recommend me making a ressie ahead of time. We are thinking of the cabins at the Fort. I have not really seen much said about them on here as far as the offer. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I'm afraid the Standard rooms at WL will sell out. Should I book now? But if it does sell out, does this mean I won't be able to add free dining after the fact?

I've never done this before, help! :confused3

Thank you :)

We did the same thing, but ended up saving about $50. Any little bit is great and now we are at a resort we normally wouldn't look at due to price!

How did y'all do this? I switched from POR to CS and it was $100 more in my total. Definitely would have switched to a Deluxe for that much more... :(

Any ideas if the preferred poolview room at Pop (first week of September) should be likely to fill up for the FD offer? Praying we can get that when I call tomorrow!!!!!!

I have a friend wondering the same thing..... They have a large group and are wondering if they send 1 person down on Oct 3rd and check everyone in on the 3rd for the 3 rooms that they need , to be able to take advantage if the FD.... It is for 7 adults and 4 kids, so any savings would help them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter