Free Dining & Annual Pass Holders

JoeDif

DIS Veteran
I"m a new Annual Pass Holder. Is there anyway to take advantage of the free dining offer? Everything I've read states you need to by a package which includes tickets.

Thanks

Only if you buy the tickets. There is no option for an AP ticketless package that includes free dining, that only works with paid dining. You have to buy at least 2 day tickets for your party. If you want to, you can hold the tickets and use them toward the value of your AP renewal.

As an annual passholder I'd recommend taking advantage of room only discounts and purchase the tables in wonderland card. You can save up to 40% on a room and 20% on dining, which I believe includes alcohol.

Run some numbers, and this could very well be more of a savings than the free dining. Normally free dining is paired with a full price room reservation and park tickets.

The annual passholder discount has always been the better deal for us (at deluxe, not sure on mod or value) You can add the dining plan to the annual passholder rooms without tickets, so that's a great way to save on dining too!

Thanks for all the tips!! Is there a specific site to find room only discounts or do you need a code when booking rooms (we normally book at Beach Club)

As an annual passholder I'd recommend taking advantage of room only discounts and purchase the tables in wonderland card. You can save up to 40% on a room and 20% on dining, which I believe includes alcohol.

Run some numbers, and this could very well be more of a savings than the free dining. Normally free dining is paired with a full price room reservation and park tickets.

This is exactly what we do. We use a room only AP discount and have a Tables in Wonderland Card. The TIW card does include alcohol and the discount is 20% no matter what you order. Most TS restaurants take the TIW card. We definitely save money booking this way over FD.

We have first time AP's this year as well. We wanted to take advantage of FD for the first time so we booked a trip to POP, were there last week. When the AP discounts came out for the same year, I called and the CM I spoke with told me that the room w/AP discount plus dining was about $250 CHEAPER than the free dining. We didn't switch, as we thought that the 2 days of tickets we had to buy for all 3 of us would be a more impactful "discount" when we renewed our AP's...

FYI you might want to try the discount rates and codes board here on the Dis, although people are using this board a lot for these types of questions, this board is not for discount promotions it is more for themes or celebrations Disney does and has done in the past. The discount rates and codes board will have more activity with more up to date information than this board

There are also a lot of foks who have done the AP vs FD calculations over and over and can tell you which deal would be better based on your parties traveling preferences.

I am a first year AP holder and would like to take advantage of the FD promotion. I've read that I can as long as I purchase the two-day tickets and that I can hold onto those and use them against our renewal next year. Could someone clarify how that process works?

Also, we had hoped to book a trip in September and another in November. If the stars align, could I potentially get FD for each visit or does Disney allow someone to take advantage of that promotion once per year? If there is no limit, again how would that work with our AP renewal? We would each have four tickets to use against our renewal fee? TIA!

I am a first year AP holder and would like to take advantage of the FD promotion. I've read that I can as long as I purchase the two-day tickets and that I can hold onto those and use them against our renewal next year. Could someone clarify how that process works?

Also, we had hoped to book a trip in September and another in November. If the stars align, could I potentially get FD for each visit or does Disney allow someone to take advantage of that promotion once per year? If there is no limit, again how would that work with our AP renewal? We would each have four tickets to use against our renewal fee? TIA!

I also want to know how they credit the 2 day pass to our renewal ... i spoke to a castmember over the phone just now and she says i cant ... anyone know where on disney website it says this?

I am a first year AP holder and would like to take advantage of the FD promotion. I've read that I can as long as I purchase the two-day tickets and that I can hold onto those and use them against our renewal next year. Could someone clarify how that process works

We are doing this for the first time this year. what I have been told on here and by calling disney is that you have to go to guest relations before you enter a park and have them make your AP your primary ticket and the 2 day the secondary on your magic bands. Then when you enter a park it should use the AP, leaving the 2 day untouched.

We are doing this for the first time this year. what I have been told on here and by calling disney is that you have to go to guest relations before you enter a park and have them make your AP your primary ticket and the 2 day the secondary on your magic bands. Then when you enter a park it should use the AP, leaving the 2 day untouched.

That's what should happen.

I recommend asking guest relations to take your two day tickets off your MDE profile and put them on separate tickets that you can link back to MDE when you are ready to use them.

if you are staying 6 nights, but get 2 day passes to qualify for free dining, do you only get 2 days worth of free dining or do you get the entire 6 nights worth?

You get free dining for the length of your stay. The number of park day tickets you buy is unrelated as long as you buy the 2 days which are required.

You get free dining for the length of your stay. The number of park day tickets you buy is unrelated as long as you buy the 2 days which are required.

Interesting.

So depending on length of stay it could be worth it. I will have to do the math :)

We really found this is cost effective. With the dining plan desserts and beverages are included. We mostly drink water (that we bring) and don't eat all the desserts. The room discount with Tables in Wonderland works better for us. Also, in the beginning years of free dining, the regular dining plan was included with values plus only a 1 day pass requirement per person. With the 2 day, yes, I know they can be held unused (at least currently, who knows how things may change, you used to be able to purchased any ticket and upgrade to an AP so long as within 1 yr of first use - that was great) but it is still a big outlay of cash to receive something you won't need for a long time, maybe never to receive FD.

if you are staying 6 nights, but get 2 day passes to qualify for free dining, do you only get 2 days worth of free dining or do you get the entire 6 nights worth?

you receive FD for length of stay-based on number of nights. You don't even have to use those ticket during the stay, but you do have to purchase them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter