• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What did your childhood home/garden look like?

quiet place with lots of space
Guessing you didn't have 5 siblings. I don't remember much about the house we lived in until I was 5, but it only had 1 bathroom for 8 people. We moved to a 4 Bedroom 2 Bathroom house when I was 5, my oldest sister had left for college. I recently drove by that house (went back to NE Ohio for the eclipse) and still find it a bit hard to imagine 7 people living there, but we did!

3 bedroom 2 bath ranch style house on 1/2 acre with a backyard big enough to set up a baseball diamond to play whiffleball on. Outer borders surrounded by orange tree, 2 lemon bushes, guava bush, plum, peach, pear and avocado tree.

3 BR/1 BA, about 800 sq ft before my Dad converted our 1 car garage into a TV room/laundry room. With that, about 1000 sq ft. My brother and I shared a room that was about 90 sq ft. I'm still not quite sure how we did it but it seemed perfectly fine at the time. :confused3

Big back yard, my parents took about 2/3 of it and made it into a vegetable garden. They grew corn, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, watermelon and green onions. We ate well out of that garden in the summertime.

Lots of kids in the neighborhood--we rode bikes and played whatever sport was in season. We'd play Wiffleball HR Derby in the yard of a neighbor who had no kids, but they had a big yard and a chain link fence we could use for the outfield fence. I have no idea why they let a bunch of us kids play in their yard, but they were very tolerant of it.

3 bed, 2.5 bath farmhouse on 90 acres. Two car carport. Numerous outbuildings. Pond. Maternal Grandmother got one bedroom, parents got another, and 4 sisters shared the third bedroom.

3br/2ba, we also had that formal livingroom/dining room place that was only used when we had guests. Backyard was fenced in so that I could not escape. There was also a patio that had like a picnic table, chairs etc. I had a swing set and sandbox. There was also a kiddie pool in the summer. There was also an outbuilding that housed my dad's lawnmower etc... He also had a (vegetable) garden in the back yard.

Now that I think about it, the whole thing was pretty perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter