Free Disney Maps - anyone framed?

'Countingmom

Planning my Life on Spreadsheets!
I was wondering if anyone has used the free customizable Disney maps and framed them for wall art. I have a Disney guest room I'm working on and am looking for ideas. Anybody have pictures or suggestions?

Thanks
:goodvibes

Oh, I love that idea, I'd never thought of that! Hmmm. I think I would go to a custom framer and ask them to measure the map and cut a mat with an opening the size of the map, but have the outside be a standard frame size so I could just buy a standard frame and save a ton of money.

Cool idea!

I have ordered the Disney maps and they are beautiful but they do print the maps on BOTH sides of the paper, i.e. Magic Kingdom on one side and Epcot on the other so you would have to order 2 sets of maps in order to get all 4 available for framing.

I wanted to but they are just too big. It wouldn't look right on the wall I wanted to hang it because of the size. I was going to use MK for sure.

I've got some jewelry making stuff on that wall that I don't want to remove.

I have ordered the disney maps twice. You can order the classic print or the one with the different characters on it it. They are made of thick old time treasure map like material. Very nice keepsakes, however, they are folded into quarters or so, so there are creases in the maps- I don't know how good that would look in a frame with all of the creases framed. They are also 2 sided so you would either need to pick one that you really liked to frame or, order more after the 6 month window that you have to wait to order more. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely a wonderful and creative idea if you could get past the fact that it will not be a smooth matted picture. You would also have to get a pretty big picture frame. That is, if you want disney to send you the maps. Although, there is a way around this. You can go on the disney site, i believe, customize your own map, and print it out at any time,thus, the map should be the size of your computer paper. If you want to get fancy, you can go to a craft store and buy scrapbooking paper or distressed looking cardstock to print on to make it look like a real map without all of those creases! Or print it out on glossy photo paper- either way you will be able to frame it without the creases. Then, the ones you order from disney will be yours to keep, or you can display them on a nightstand next to the bed just for presentation. Have fun :)

We framed ours. We had ordered two sets at two different times so we have all four parks framed. You can use a 14x20 frame which is not common but, not unheard of either. I got ours at JoAnns. If you want a border an 18x24 would give you the right proportions. Ours are black frames and they look really nice!

Sure I will post some soon. We are actually working on a whole disney room that will have all the lands in MK. It is an upstairs room so I think I will hang the maps as you walk up the stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter