Free upgrades from POP to SSr or OKW?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
I'm reading on the resorts board that lots of people have
received an email for a free upgrade from
POP to SSR or OKW.....holy crow....

Has this happened before....Are these DVC rooms?...
We are talking Labor day weekend...
So we're talking...housekeeping and free dining:eek:

Yikes...I'm going from BCV to POFQ for free dining....
wishing I booked POP:lmao: :rotfl2:
Kerri

They overbooked the values for that time period and are still getting many calls from guests wanting to book free dining and stay at the values. These rooms belong to Disney resorts not DVC.

It has happened a few times during other periods where the values were overbooked, in the total percentage of rooms I am sure it is not that many.

I would bet that Disney will get more than a few new DVC'ers out of it as well.

:hourglass waiting patiently... wishing they'd email me! though I've never stayed at POP and am scheduled to in September, I'd still love a free upgrade, KWIM???

My DW and I are booked at All Star Sports the first two weeks of September . Now wouldn't that be awesome, if we got switched . We booked through a travel agent, though, so not sure how that works .

Just to let you know in april of 2002 we got upgraded from old Disney Institute and we pick OKW. We were so impressed with the property that we ended up buying DVC. The best addiction in the world so have fun and enjoy!:surfweb: :moped: :drinking: :stitch: :mickeybar

There are times when CRO has available inventory in higher categories and can upgrade a guest. I do not know what the protocols are for getting these.

The upgrade offer was sent randomly to people who booked value resorts (not just POP) directly through Disney with a check-in date between 8/26 and 9/01. Some got it, some didn't. My dad got the email, I didn't. We are travelling together on separate but linked reservations. I was able to upgrade all 3 of our reservations from ASMu to SSR. Yay for overbooking!!

The upgrade offer was sent randomly to people who booked value resorts (not just POP) directly through Disney with a check-in date between 8/26 and 9/01. Some got it, some didn't. My dad got the email, I didn't. We are travelling together on separate but linked reservations. I was able to upgrade all 3 of our reservations from ASMu to SSR. Yay for overbooking!!

Niiiice....Congrats on the awesome upgrade:thumbsup2
Kerri

DVD controls 4% of the dvc rooms to book out for cash, put out of commision for repairs or do what they would like to do with the rooms, i have seen this when SSR first opened, deluxe resort guest were offered free upgrades to ssr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter