From Oil Wells to Jingle Bells-Bells,pg.66, See you in September!

the first room at the luxurious safari Inn also had a punch hole in the wall. and there was a stupid "step up" to the vanity/bathroom area in both rooms,which Nebo had all kinds of fun with!

I bet!

the ad in the motel coupon book said "jacuzzi rooms available". I should have known better, when I saw a sign in the office "we rent rooms for short term 'afternoon naps'."

I'm picturing a man with a gold front tooth sitting on a wooden folding chair in a powdered blue suit with a tootpick in his mouth, wearing a white hat. Just a little ways over from the sign.

sheeeesh!

Love how you two tag team in these reports!

I winced fore you - and I already knew the story!

Jaime, I still cannot believe I left that bag sitting there. I always know exactly where it is at all times.

Nebo is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Let's see what this one brings. Count me in...:woohoo::lmao::littleangel::hmghost::hmghost:

It will bring a lot of laughs and a lot of misery, usually at my expense.

Bummer, Dude! Well, at least the bag hadn't fallen off the roof. That could have resulted in some very happy, albeit confused crows pecking at vikes along side of the road.

nice to see you again Danielle. I do believe a lot of those birds by Sleepy Hollow have gotten into someone's meds for sure.

You surprised me several times: Turning around, AND getting right back on the road again, AND not having to take a few vikes at that point.

i was very diligent concerning my vikes that day, I guess you could call it a self imposed punishment, although I wiped my stomach out on aspirin and ibuprofen.

Now I'm gonna be worried I will forget something of vital importance.

Believe me, me too from now on! What would have happened if we had flown?
I'm a visual person, no picture of Aunt Edna's room?

It can only get better from this point, right?

Oh yes, definately. Sure.

even though we were trying to make it back to Champaign, we both could have used a little Champagne at that point. (sorry, honey, had to do it)

Just new I should have written Urbana.
the first room at the luxurious safari Inn also had a punch hole in the wall. and there was a stupid "step up" to the vanity/bathroom area in both rooms,which Nebo had all kinds of fun with!

I forgot about the step up. That made as much sense as when Disney puts a turnstyle at the end of a ride.
sheeeesh!

Hi, glad you're enjoying our misery.

Oh no you had to turn around.

Now the room - we were coming back from Disney in April (driving to VA to see some family members) and used our GPS for a hotel to stay the night it was at the border of FL and GA. We paid for the room, went to put our bags in the room and literally almost vomited when DH and I saw. Neither of us said anything to each other except going to dinner 15 minutes after we paid for the room. He said to me if we find another place we're staying there. He said he would have not be able to sleep there at all, it was gross. So we ate dinner, found another hotel, much nicer with clean sheets and he and my son went and got our luggage out of the first hotel room and left the door key on the bed. Yup we paid for two rooms that night :lmao:

I totally understand that. We have been making these runs for a long time, and while some motels were always run down, they were at least clean. Now I don't even want to take my shoes off.

Thanks for the pm, nebo! I'll play catch up tonight with my DD15. The first post looks pretty funny. :banana:

I'm caught up. My DD and I laughed at all the right places, I think, like when you got hurt.:rolleyes:

Okay, This made me laugh after a really bad day at work. So thank you for sharing your misery :laughing:

I'm getting wigged out just reading your description of the room - I can't imagine staying there!

Totally worth that reading that episode! :rotfl2:

All that heartache and misery and she goes for the braunshweiger line. geesh

I'll play catch up tonight with my DD15. The first post looks pretty funny. :banana:

I'm caught up. My DD and I laughed at all the right places, I think, like when you got hurt.:rolleyes:

Great! You''ll be rolling on the floor when I actually get to bleed.

Okay, This made me laugh after a really bad day at work. So thank you for sharing your misery :laughing:

I'm getting wigged out just reading your description of the room - I can't imagine staying there!

Hi Joanna, I'm getting wigged out wondering what your screen name is from!
Glad to have you with us.

Nebo and Smidgy are back:banana::yay::woohoo::cool1: Missed you guys:hug:

And now.....

"Aaaaaaaaaaaand, We're Off!!!"

:thumbsup2

"Didja bring a jacket and a hat?"

"Crap!"

And just like that, two blocks down the road I'm tuning around.

Doh:headache:

Because then she stopped asking me anything else!

Not good.....

Ok, ok, I'm the one that has a problem!
I can't leave something alone, I have to change it, alter it, fiddle with it, embellish it and just plain mess with it until what is left has very little resemblance to what I started out with.

OK, I see no problem with this!

Today they still call it Stonehenge. Perhaps you've seen it?

:rotfl2:

Six hours later from when we first left we pulled back into the driveway, carefully opened the door so the cats didn't get out and I was afraid to look. Didn't matter, Diane yelled out "Yeah, there it is, still sitting there."

Oh no!

"This is the room that Clark Griswold would have said, "Aunt Edna, this is your room."

:scared:

++++++++++

What a yucky start to the trip....but I know it will get better. Right? It's gonna get beter, right!popcorn::

Nebo and Smidgy are back! :cool1:

Thanks for the heads up Neebs ~ I wouldn't have known otherwise since I just don't peruse the TR board much these days.

I've devoured these first few updates and already have laughed, cried and yelled out "Oh no!"... yep, Nebo's back! :thumbsup2

So happy to be here for the ride! :goodvibes

Late to the party... but happy to be here... Loving it sooo far!!

Write on my dear friend... write on!!

Love ya,
Bee

Hi Janet, nice to see you. Oh, it get's better all right, oh yeah.

Wait, what exactly do you mean by "it get's better, right?"

Nebo and Smidgy are back! :cool1:

I've devoured these first few updates and already have laughed, cried and yelled out "Oh no!"... yep, Nebo's back! :thumbsup2

So happy to be here for the ride! :goodvibes

Good ol LBAW, I really think I can keep this report manageable this time, not gonna drag it our forebver. Right? Right?

Late to the party... but happy to be here... Loving it sooo far!!

Write on my dear friend... write on!!

Love ya,
Bee

Hi Bee, how's things in Nebraska? Hope you stay for the ride.

Hi Bee, how's things in Nebraska? Hope you stay for the ride.

Of course I am along for the ride... I have the Golden ticket....

I have tried to stay away some, awful memories of times past.... but, absolutely have to come on to read your stories... Thanks for letting me know!

Love ya, mean it... lol

Again..... write on my dear friend, write on!!!

Bee

Hi Joanna, I'm getting wigged out wondering what your screen name is from! Glad to have you with us.

:cutie: Only the best Disney Movie Ever - The Rescuers Down Under :rotfl: The villain's pet is an evil lizard named Joanna. She keeps trying to steal the poacher's eggs, and he says 'those are not Joanna eggs'

My DH finds this hilarious, and when i touch things that are not "mine" like his tools, or the last cookie, or his wallet :rolleyes1 he says "those are not joanna eggs" Therefore it seemed like a natural screen name for me.

Now aren't you wishing you hadn't asked :rotfl2:

Oh this is funny. this is a print out the chapters and take it with you to the bathroom to read funny.

I hope the trip gets better, I don't want to keep laughing at your mishaps.
That just seems wrong.
And I think I need to read all of your other trip reports now.

:banana::yay::cheer2:
You and smidgy are back!!!!

I can't believe you got an "afternoon delight" room! :rotfl2: I promise you TN has better to offer than that!

I'm going over to pimp you out on Facebook to the other Dis-ers.

:cutie: Only the best Disney Movie Ever - The Rescuers Down Under :rotfl: The villain's pet is an evil lizard named Joanna. She keeps trying to steal the poacher's eggs, and he says 'those are not Joanna eggs'

My DH finds this hilarious, and when i touch things that are not "mine" like his tools, or the last cookie, or his wallet :rolleyes1 he says "those are not joanna eggs" Therefore it seemed like a natural screen name for me.

Now aren't you wishing you hadn't asked :rotfl2:

If I saw that movie I don't remember but I love the reference and can see why it's a cool screen name.

I once had a poster on my thread named "by the blood", and without thinkiing I made a dumb joke about the name saying, "what? Was death and dismemberment taken?"

Then Smidgy pointed out to me, Nebo, by the blood as in "Saved by the blood", you know, as in our Savior?
I felt an inch high.

Never saw that poster again.

Oh this is funny. this is a print out the chapters and take it with you to the bathroom to read funny.

I hope the trip gets better, I don't want to keep laughing at your mishaps.
That just seems wrong.
And I think I need to read all of your other trip reports now.

Thanks RigLee, that's the best thing one can say to me.
Gives me inspiration to write tonight even though it's going to be in the nineties up her in the loft. No, we don't have air conditioning.

Ok, see you all a bit later on.

Nebo, we have air conditioning, just not turning it on.

I do hope you write some more tonight, that should be inspiration ALL YOU NEED.

:banana::yay::cheer2:
You and smidgy are back!!!!

Hi Who'gy, welcome b ack!

I can't believe you got an "afternoon delight" room! :rotfl2: I promise you TN has better to offer than that!

I'm going over to pimp you out on Facebook to the other Dis-ers.

yes, like the Predators whom we barely beat in the playoffs.

that should be inspiration ALL YOU NEED.

As Robert Petrie would say, You're no Lily Palmer.

Ri... hey wait a minute........ I don't mind if you drag. I kinda *prefer* it. popcorn::

We'll see, I just don't like it when I even bore myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter