From Solotraveler to Marathon Man! (Comments Welcome!!)

How did that 6 miles go?? I hope all went well!

I haven't even THOUGHT about planning for our June trip yet! :p We will have a kitchen while there so PSs aren't as big a deal for us, but I do have some restaurants I'd like to eat at. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm B-A-A-C-K!!

I've been a naughty, naughty man and let my workouts and eating habits slip a great deal over the past 2 weeks. Work has been a 16 hour a day affair lately, so I haven't been able to pay as much attention as I wanted to my weight loss issues. No excuses, though. I knew that this period was coming up and I failed to plan to how was going to manage to fit in workouts and eat right. I take total responsibility for that. My water consumtion has been paltry, my soda consumption through the roof. Now that this period is over, it's time to get back on the horse!!! i've got a Disney trip I have to look good for!! Not to mention I marathon I have to finish!

So I'll be weighing in again tomorrow to see how much damage I've done. Starting to eat right again today and will hopefully get out for a jog tomorrow morning if the weather is nice.

Sorry I've been gone so long, but I feel like I'm back to stay!!

Solotraveler :earsboy:

We all have fallen flat on our faces on the way to standing tall and slim. The trick is to get one foot in front of the other. You were really doing well before so you know how to do it. I'm a runner that had knee surgery a year ago and was afraid to tun. YesterdayI ran 1/2 mi ,in three sections, during my 1 1/2 mi walk. I was so proud of my self. I've overcome the fear. Your dream will be just around the next corner ,( if you run.) Have a great weekend . hope you got in that impressive run.

So, did you go for that run you were hoping to do??? I hope so!

That Disney trip is about 11 weeks away - time to buckle down and get back to business! I want to see you lookin' good when we meet up for Illuminations!!

I hope your Monday is going well! :sunny:

hey solo, welcome back :wave:

just hop right back into your routine, and i'm sure you'll do just fine. make sure to let us know how you're doing :bounce:

Gosh, just when you think you're going to get back on track....

Needless to say I didn't follow through with what I had planned. As much as I wanted to, work jumped in the way and we just got hammered here in the office. But today... well today is a new day. I AM going to try and eat right and drink my water and EXERSICE! I'm really trying to hold on to the idea that this is simply a rough patch that I have to work through. No one said this would be easy, after all.

By the way, I weighed myself Monday morning and I was at 213.5, which I was happy with sine I essentially maintained during a very stressful period with not eating right and no exersice. Whew :D

Well, got to get back to work (sigh) :rolleyes: but I'll try and post how I did tonight.

WISH me luck!
Solotraveler:earsboy:

Maintaining through all that stress is quite an accomplishment!! Way to go!! Sometimes we use stress and busyness as an excuse to just forget about the whole healthy living thing, eat whatever we want and feel sorry for ourselves. You managed to come through the other side and you'll be back on track in no time!

Hang in there! These rough patches are all part of the journey! :sunny:

Oh how I hate starting over...yet again!!

Last week didn't go as planned, not even close. I ended up yet again working 14 hour days towards the end of it and that meant of course not eating right. (Here, it's prettty much shovel whatever you can find in when you get a moment.)

This week so far has been a little better. I pretty much recomitted to myself at lunch yesterday (soup and salad bar, thank you very much). So I had a nice dinner of 100% whole wheat pasta with sauce and a salad. This morning began with my Kashi Go-Lean with skim and orange juice. Yes, it's good to be back on plan.

I did try and run yesterday. It was bad. Very very bad. 2.5 miles on the indoor track-- that's 23 laps here, of which I only walked two if them. I did kind of feel awful the whole time though. I could tell that I was dehydrated and I could tell that I hadn't eaten right. But you know, I consider it a major victory that I pushed on through. I kept telling myself "What are you going to do in the marathon when you feel this way? Stop?? I don't think so..." and then it became sort of a game: No I'm at mile 9, getting ready to enter the Magic Kingdom, how will that feel, or now I'm at mile 20, not running through any theme park but I'm gearing up for my strong finish." At the end it became "I'm passing the 26 mile mark... two little tenths to go-- KICK!" I know it wasn't a long run by any means, but finishing yesterday the way I weas feeling was great. Definately motivating.

OK, well, got to get back to work here. Goal for today is eating right and getting another run in. WISH me luck!

Thanks for the support everyone!

Way to go with your run and with getting back on track!!

By the way, Dax (user name = myhandd) thinks he is the only guy on the WISH boards. You may want to stop by his journal to reassure him he's not alone! :D

Now, don't forget to post here, whether you're on plan or not! How can we help you stay on track if you disappear?? I guess that's my Mom-mode way of saying we miss you when you're not around! :D

This work stress is driving me BONKERS!!

Here's how the last few days were:
Wednesday 4/7:
B- Kashi GoLean with skim; orange juice; Coffee
L- Subway: 12" RoastBeef on Honey oat with LOTS of veggies
D- Chinese :rolleyes: I did well with the portion control, so I didn't go too overboard.

Water: I did manage to get it in!
Exersice: Sadly, none.

Thursday 4/8:
B- Kashi GoLean with skim; coffee
L- Burger King :rolleyes: Tender Crisp sandwich, Onion Rings (Bad for me, yes. But DANG was it good. I promise not to repeat that one for a long, long while.)
D- Leftover Chinese food. Again, pretty good with the portion control.

Water: Nope, not even close to enough.
Exersice: Nope, didn't happen today either.

Friday 4/9 (so far):
B- coffee; Leftover Chinese food :eek: (I know, I know, I know)
L- tiny cup of Steak and Ale soup; Spinich salad with less than a tbsp of dressing. (Woohoo, redemption)

Water- Working on it, I promise
Exersice: 3.5 miles walk/run planned for 2:00

UPDATE (3:00pm)
Water- Got my 10 glasses in, but I'm going to keep drinking as much as I feel I need it.
Exersice: 3.5 mile walk/run DONE! I took in the 30 minute range, I think. 31 laps around our indoor track, only 2 of which were walking. I really toughed out the last 10 or so laps-- I did NOT want to have to take a third walk break. I feel VERY good right now!!!

I was lying awake in bed last night and realized that I really do eat worse when I get stressed. It's not like there aren't more healthful choices at BK or the Chinese place. I eat poorly because I think it will make me feel better. Bigtime lightbulb moment there. Eating unhealthfully makes me feel WORSE in reality because it doesn't support my goal. Eating healthful WOULD make me feel better since I'm doing something good for me in a time of stress. (Sorry to those of you who've had this breakthrough already-- it's new to me!)

Mom... Sorry, I mean Doe!- Thanks once again for the support. It really means a lot. I realize that this journal is a place where, if I DO fall off the wagon a little, there will be a lot of folks there to pick me up and set me straight again. I need to remember that more.

Goal for the weekend: Eat right and exersice! AS well as get all that water in! I've got to weigh in Monday and I want to do well!

WISH me luck!

Well, as it turns out, Friday went OK!!

Friday 4/9/04
Sn- 1/2 pouch sunflower kernals (was out watching softball after my run and was STARVING-- these did the trick. Kudos to me for exersicing good portion control)
Sn- Small portion of mashed potatoes and gravy. (Weird, I know. I was starving after I got home from work-- and these for some reason looked good. Not worth it)
D- Went to TGI Fridays. Roomates ordered spinich dip appetizer which I shared a little of; entree was a Gardenburger. Really good decision-filled me up plenty. Had 2 beers afterwards with friends.

Gosh, that sounds like SO much eating for one day!! I'm going to really have to be more careful with what I'm putting in, for sure.

So far today:
Saturday 4/10/04
B- Kashi GoLean with skim; coffee; water

Water- 40 oz down
Exersice: None planned. I have planned a nice run outside tomorrow morning, though. Resting day after the long(er) run yesterday. Suprisingly, I don't feel all that sore!

I'm actually homeless for Easter tomorrow, so I'll have to pick up some things for lunch and dinner. (Healthy Choice turkey dinner anyone??) Going to work VERY hard to make sure that I don't overeat tomorrow, as I tend to do that when I'm home alone. I will have discipline, I will have discipline. Maybe I'll do some planning for my June WDW trip as well as the marathon trip. That will keep me occupied!

WISHing everyone a great healthy Saturday!

Catching up from this weekend:

Saturday 4/10/04
L: 6" subway Turkey and Ham on wheat (yum!)
Sn: A few almonds
D: Leftover turkey sloppy joes from last week.

Water: Yep! Got it all in
Exersice: None, but I didn't plan on it, so no biggie!

Sunday 4/11/04
B: Kashi GoLean with skim; coffee
L: Ham; Maple sweet potatoes; 2 glasses red wine; Blueberries in Light CoolWhip (No the best dinner I could have had, but I did exersice good portion control!)
D: Leftover subway sandwich from yesterday; Biscuit with Light cool whip. I was dying for something sweet again-- could have chosen better, though.

Water: Yes! Came down to the wire, but I got it in!
Exersice: No. :( I actually got really busy so I wasn't able to get it in.

Monday 4/12/04
WEIGH-IN: 211.5lbs; which is down 1.5 pounds! Woo hoo!! :teeth: That leaves me just 1.5 pounds short of 20 total lost!!

B- coffee
L: leftover whole wheat pasta with chicken in maranara sauce (being VERY careful on the portion size)

Water- Well on my way today!!
Exersice: Plan a nice run outside after this afternoon slows down.

I would REALLY LOVE to be down under 210 this time next week, so I'm really going to push hard to do so!! That means being very careful with what I eat and make SURE I get the water and exersice in. I would love to be under 200 by Memorial Day, but I will take just being close.

I don't know why this time is different-- it just is. The marathon feels like it's really going to happen and I really feel as though I am going to make it to my goal weight this time. It feels like a life change--- maybe that's the big difference.

Well, I'm off for now!
Have a great day everyone!

You're really learning a lot about yourself and your relationship to food! Knowing when your tough spots will crop up is half the battle and then planning for how to handle those tough spots is the other half. You've been doing lots of both!!

Another pound and a half gone!!! Buh-bye!!! :wave2: You are no longer welcome around solotraveler anymore!!! With all your work stress, I'd say you did GREAT this past week!

Onward & downward!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter