Front of the line pass at USH

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
Can you tell me how the front of the line pass works for USH? Is it the same as Fastpass at DL? We are travelling from a fair distance and only have one day there and want to maximize our time at the park. Is it worth it?

My cousins used it on Sunday, July 2nd. The park was extremely crowded, and with their Front of the Line Passes their waiting time was cut way down. I think the longest they waited for anything was 10 minutes. The pass is on a lanyard that you wear around your neck, and then you can go to the front of all the lines, including the shows. They highly recommend it, so I do, too. :sunny:

Five hundred bucks (for the five of us) seems like a lot of money for one day at the park. It is still up in the air as to whether we will just add on another day to our park hopper pass or not. I am glad you told me though because we definitely will get the FOL pass if we go!

It really depends on what time of year you go. If you're there in the summer, during Easter break, or on warm, crowded Saturdays, then yes, a FOTL pass may be nice, but otherwise it may not be needed. If I've done my calculations right you're going near Easter break. I went to USH on a Wednesday during the big Easter/spring break for LA county schools, and it was crowded, compared to when I went on a Saturday the month before, but none of the lines were longer than 25 minutes. Some of it is timing. Get there close to opening, and go straight back to Back to the Future, then head down to the lower level, skipping the tram tour and the theater shows until you've finished riding the rides. Most days in the spring, you should be able to ride everything with a minimum wait. And save a few bucks.

Apparently it is crowded the week before the week during and the week after Easter. We planned to arrive 2 weeks after Easter Sunday and am hoping the crowds may have thinned a bit. Their is a lot more things we could do with that 500 bucks down there than one day at a theme park. I am still on the fence thanks for the info...much appreciated!

We used the FOTL pass for the 6 of us last August. In the afternoon, the wait times were over 1 hour, the Mummy 2 hours. Got us priority seating at Waterworld and other shows. It is expensive, but we were able to do everything we wanted to do, even a couple of times. The ladies had time to shop and eat at City Walk.

Jack pirate:

We're thinking of going at the end of July, and I'd rather not deal with long waits. Just how much more is FOTL per adult on top of the regular ticket price?

I'm wondering if you can 'upgrade' a ticket to include FOTL also - we have the City Pass - anyone ever add FOTL to that? :smooth:

debloco said:
We're thinking of going at the end of July, and I'd rather not deal with long waits. Just how much more is FOTL per adult on top of the regular ticket price?

Normally you pay 59 dollars for each ticket however several discounts are often offered on their website. A FOL pass is 99 dollars. For our family it is an additional 200 dollars. I will have to take a family vote and decide!

For our family of 6 it comes down to how much we can get done and enjoy everything at the same time. It really makes a difference when it is crowded and hot. It could break the price down/ride/event.

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
For our family of 6 it comes down to how much we can get done and enjoy everything at the same time. It really makes a difference when it is crowded and hot. It could break the price down/ride/event.

Jack pirate:

I absolutely agree with you 100%. To really top it off our next trip is to DWW and that will be the only thing we do, so going to USH will be our last chance for quite some time. This has to come down to me being such a tightwad and spending the money. We could easily spend that money this week up here on our "Greatest Outdoor show on Earth" and thats just on the beer and minidoughnuts!:rotfl2:

I just need to lighten up and go with the flow. It just comes down to...if you have the extra cash it is money well worth spent!

I absolutely love Calgary and the stampede. Have not been up there in 4 years. been working out of country for the last few years and vacations are few and far between.

Good luck with your decision and have fun.

Jack pirate:

blackjackdelta said:
I absolutely love Calgary and the stampede. Have not been up there in 4 years. been working out of country for the last few years and vacations are few and far between.

Good luck with your decision and have fun.

Jack pirate:

It's definitely a wild ten days...one really has to pace themselves to survive it..I'm a little partial to Calgary myself. ;) We have decided we are not getting any younger and are going to do the FOL pass.

I was at USH last Friday. I did not wait longer than 45 minutes for any ride -- even the newest one "Revenge of the Mummy."

Woody

We were there on July 2nd and very glad we had FOL pass - it was more crowded then it was at Disney the next 3 days! Were able to do things multiple times (Jurrasic Park, Mummy) with this, plus short waits for everything else. If you have AAA (not sure about CAA) you can get it for $85 dollars vs $99. Goes down to $75 after Sept some time- not sure they had prices beyond end of the year yet. The pass says it guarntees no wait longer then 15 minutes - we never waited more then 10.

The CAA is basically the same thing as AAA up here ours is an AMA (CAA) and offers a lot of deals none as good as yours though! Our Costco also does not offer any deals or packages. If it wasn't for the DIS boards we would be getting severly soaked!

bjakmom said:
I'm wondering if you can 'upgrade' a ticket to include FOTL also - we have the City Pass - anyone ever add FOTL to that? :smooth:

Bumping, b/c I have the same question. The CityPass website says that you can upgrade once in the park, but I'm wondering what the upgrade price might be. We are planning to go the week before Easter, so I think that this would be useful!

Get the FOL, we went in May on a Monday and the wait times were 40 minutes. Our decision on buying them was, we are going to Disneyland with a 5 day hopper and we are going to be standing in line for those 5 days...so why not spend the extra money and buy the FOL pass, it was well worth it as we were able to do everything in the park more than once and didn't have to wait for anything, longest wait was 4 minutes and that was the Terminator show.
Calgary Stampede is great isn't it.....

LindaM said:
Get the FOL, we went in May on a Monday and the wait times were 40 minutes. Our decision on buying them was, we are going to Disneyland with a 5 day hopper and we are going to be standing in line for those 5 days...so why not spend the extra money and buy the FOL pass, it was well worth it as we were able to do everything in the park more than once and didn't have to wait for anything, longest wait was 4 minutes and that was the Terminator show.
Calgary Stampede is great isn't it.....

Yes I agree if you are going to go all that way you might as well do it right if you can afford it. Time is money and no one wants to waste time standing in line! I swear I am getting too old for the stampede lol The crowds nearly drove me bonkers this year. I always say...next year we are just going to Calaway during stampede week but I always get sucked in!

We used them a few years ago.....one downside is we were usually the only FOTL people waiting ( guess it wasn't a busy day) and because of that we always got seats/lean rails to the far left of any show ect, as we were the first to enter.definatly not the best seats in the house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter