Ft. Wilderness Campground- bugs in June

eatatmidnight

DIS Veteran
We will be at Ft. Wilderness in June. Are the yellow flies, love bugs or no see ums (I think that's what they are called) out at that time? How are mosquitos at the Ft?

We will be at Ft. Wilderness in June. Are the yellow flies, love bugs or no see ums (I think that's what they are called) out at that time? How are mosquitos at the Ft?

I can't answer your specific question since I've never stayed at the Fort in June (well, a few days from a Memorial Day/May stay) but I do know and have seen the bug truck driving the loops spraying insecticide of some type during past stays.

My memories of that late May trip are that I don't remember bugs being a huge problem.

Bama Ed

I can give insight into the current love bug situation where we live (about an hour north from FW).

We have seen a significant drop off in them not only this year, but also last year. It's a welcomed sight.....err....non-sight.

I can give insight into the current love bug situation where we live (about an hour north from FW).

We have seen a significant drop off in them not only this year, but also last year. It's a welcomed sight.....err....non-sight.
YES! I've seen several programs and news articles saying Love Bugs are nearly gone! Nobody seems to know why but it appears they are a few short seasons from being completely gone. Good riddance to another invasive species. Now if we can just get rid of the pythons and iguanas!

Mosquitos seem to be hit or miss most of the year. We have been down in most months. Some hot months (May-October) have seen none and others we get bit. It does seem to be related to how wet the recent weather has been. If there is a lot of rain, expect more mosquitos for the next week or so.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter