Full Moon Cruise

kjcolv

Mouseketeer
I had the thought strike me while we were on our recent cruise and I was leaning on the rail on our verandah looking out over the moonlight sea...okay I'm back now I drifted off for a moment..how lucky we were to be catching the end of the full moon. It was so beautiful. I then recalled how I have stayed on the beach previously during a new moon/no moon and wished I had thought to check the calendar when making plans. I know some people don't have an option for dates but all else being equal and if I had a choice I would always opt for the moonlight....

I have thought the same thing! Especially hearing how incredibly beautiful the last lunar eclipse was! Our cruise will be during the very last sliver of a moon... A full moon would be awesome!

Before Buckaroo's Dad can strike - I'm not looking for anyone to stand on my verandah, turn around and drop their shorts...:eek:

Originally posted by kjcolv
Before Buckaroo's Dad can strike - I'm not looking for anyone to stand on my verandah, turn around and drop their shorts...:eek:

1386.gif

oh, my!!

eck27.gif

Jeanny :wave: :teeth:

looking at the statue of David and being a single mom...perhaps a full moon and the verandah club isn't such a bad idea ;)

On one of our cruises we had a full moon on Friday the 13th! Talk about asking for trouble, LOL! ;)

Thanks, I just checked out the site and full moon is on 8/11, we sail on 8/9. Other years we always missed full moon by a week or 2. Should be nice.

Jeanny, hahahahaha!!!!!! I love the smiley climbing the stairs! Thanks for the smile today!

I just looked at all of the dates for our cruise next spring break and looks like we will have a full moon the last part of the week! DH can enjoy his cuban cigar and a martini while I have a glass of wine on the verandah! ahhhhhh.....sounds so relaxing - good thing the teenagers have a separate room :teeth:

Sandy

Good morning sdptalk.

DH can enjoy his cuban cigar and a martini while I have a glass of wine on the verandah! ahhhhhh

You'll have all of the ingredients necessary to play The President And The Intern on your verandah...

Originally posted by sdptalk
Jeanny, hahahahaha!!!!!! I love the smiley climbing the stairs! Thanks for the smile today!

I just looked at all of the dates for our cruise next spring break and looks like we will have a full moon the last part of the week! DH can enjoy his cuban cigar and a martini while I have a glass of wine on the verandah! ahhhhhh.....sounds so relaxing - good thing the teenagers have a separate room :teeth:

Sandy

Sandy~ just be careful on that verandah!!! ... did you see the commercial with a little girl in the elevator with her Mom & baby brother?? The little girl announces to the rest of the people in the elevator they had been on a Disney Cruise and that her baby brother is Mommy's little souvenier.....
LOL

I never really thought about the moon, although we were lucky on our first two cruises, so I just checked our sailing date, and we sail on the night of the full moon! I'll have to find a quiet, romantic spot and cuddle with my honey for a few minutes. Of course, he'll probably think I've gone crazy...or perhaps become a lunatic?

Beth

I come from a family of "sky watchers" and am delighted to find out we'll be sailing a couple of days after the full moon, so will be most of the effect!

Thanks for the links regarding moon phases! Our cruise in Nov. won't have one but our cruise in May will have several! Yea!

For anyone else on the 2004 10 day Christmas cruise, it looks like we'll have a full moon on Christmas night.

Hi Jeanny and Buckaroo's Dad,

You guys are too funny!!;)

Can anyone from the other verandahs see you on yours? No specific reason...just wondered.:teeth:

Sandy

Hi sdptalk.

Can anyone from the other verandahs see you on yours?

Only if you extend beyond the railing. I don't know how well-endowed Jeanny is, but speaking for myself, yes, anatomically speaking it could pose a problem...

Good thing for the full moon on Christmas, sure will help Santa and the reindeer find the ship out there in that big ocean!!

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Hi sdptalk.

Only if you extend beyond the railing. I don't know how well-endowed Jeanny is, but speaking for myself, yes, anatomically speaking it could pose a problem...

If you lean way over, you may be able to see into another verandah, but with my luck, I'd fall overboard... but wouldn't need a life perserver..... have 2 of my own!!! LOL

Buckaroo's Dad,
All I can say is....WOW! I bet Buckaroo's Mom is happy;) .

Jeanny,
lol...I will keep that in mind when on the verandah. I guess we won't be able to do any peeking around the corners...lol:earseek:

Thanks,
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter