Fun Parks (as in the slide and swing kind) in San Diego?? Best "family" beaches?

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
If you were coming to the twin cities, I would tell you about Chutes and Ladders Park and the "castle park" and other fun places with neat slides and swings and themes.
When we go to San Diego, we're going to meet up with my parents (who are moving there next month) and my brother (who's first baby is due in November, so won't know.) So, I'm asking here, hoping some locals will have suggestions.
While I'm asking questions, what beaches are the best for families? If I were up in the LA area (being from there originally) I could tell you all sorts of them. But, I've never been to any of the beaches in San Diego except Oceanside. And that was probably 20 years ago! :rolleyes1

La Jolla Shores is a nice family beach, as is the beach on Coronado that is west of the Hotel del Coronado. (Probably all of the Coronado beaches are family friendly!)

The "Childrens' Pool" in La Jolla has been taken over by the seals and sea lions, but it's still an interesting place to visit.

There's a nice playground in Balboa Park (though your "Chutes and Ladders" sounds more elaborate!) And there are several playgrounds around Mission Bay - I know there's one in East Mission Bay south of the Hilton, I think that's called Tecolote Shores, and one on West Mission Bay at Bonita Cove.

well mission beach is probabley the most common, there are restaurants along the beach and a small boardwalk type thing (belmont park) that has a roller coaster ans stuff like that. Also depending on where in san diego you are staying there is a pool that is great for kids in the east county. they have a huge water slide and a separate pool for small children (or big kids too) that is only about 2 feet deep, it is a normal sized pool but has a huge play structure (like a park) in the middle of it, with slides stairs and water guns. Its a whole lot of fun and only like $3.50 per person to get it. Just let me know if you want more info on that.

birdmom said:
well mission beach is probabley the most common, there are restaurants along the beach and a small boardwalk type thing (belmont park) that has a roller coaster ans stuff like that. Also depending on where in san diego you are staying there is a pool that is great for kids in the east county. they have a huge water slide and a separate pool for small children (or big kids too) that is only about 2 feet deep, it is a normal sized pool but has a huge play structure (like a park) in the middle of it, with slides stairs and water guns. Its a whole lot of fun and only like $3.50 per person to get it. Just let me know if you want more info on that.
Is that the Wave in Vista? What do you think about Moonlight Beach in Encinitas? The playground is brand new, but on the smaller side. The fire pits are great and you can walk forever and look at the bluffs. (And there are a dozen restaurants right up the street)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter