Fun Things To Do With Out PARKS

MUDDOG

Earning My Ears
This Will Be My Families First Trip As Dvc Members And Was Wondering What We Could Do Besides Going Back To The Parks. We Have Bben 8 Times In Last Tens Years So Was Just Thinking Of A Different Way Of Doing Things. We Will Be Staying At Vwl And Was Wondering If There Are Things We Could Do. Will Be There In Nov. Thanks For Any Info

Muddog

I would look into seeing if the biking and boating plan is still available--use it for biking over the Fort Wilderness. Ride horses, do the petting zoo, see the campfire.

I would enjoy mini-golf; pool-hopping, if warm enough. Shopping in downtown disney. Do cirque de solei.

Pool Hop
Ride the monorail from TTC to EPCOT
Walk the Boardwalk
Watch fireworks from Poly or Gf or Contemporary
Go to Downtown Disney
Visit Animal Kingdom Lodge and sit in the Lobby and people watch
Do the Hidden Mickey search and tour of Wilderness Lodge
parasail
rent Surrey bikes at Boardwalk or Carribean Bch resort
Go Mini-golfong at Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland
do a character meal at one of the hotels

Have Fun and Relax poolside-

I see you will be at WL-there is plenty to do there.

enjoy

The campfire and roast marshmallows at FW peddle boats at FW canoe at FW DTD resort hop and look around at teh different resorts. There are many many things you could do without ever going into a park. We take drives out to Cocoa Beach and Meritt Island for the nature trails.

I also highly recommend the mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens. It was so whimsical and we had a blast! The Circque show is incredible. :flower:

at wl/vwl

the tour
be a flag family
participate in the activities - see the back of your map or ask at the front desk for the list of activities
enjoy their swimming pool
the gym here is one of the best
take the nature walk to FW
come back by the trail
horseback riding at FW
go on a picinic!!!
people watch in the lobby
read a book on the upper floor (in their living room)
play one of the games in VWL
look around this is a beautiful resort with lots to do
rent boats or bikes
go shopping at the gift shops at the resorts
ride the monrail - around the MK - then take it to Epcot and back.
ride the boat to the Cont or FW
go visit the other resorts

We just did a non park trip! :earseek: There is a link to my trip report at the bottom of my sig. We had a great time! Have fun!

NCRedding said:
I would look into seeing if the biking and boating plan is still available--use it for biking over the Fort Wilderness. Ride horses, do the petting zoo, see the campfire.

I would enjoy mini-golf; pool-hopping, if warm enough. Shopping in downtown disney. Do cirque de solei.

The bike and boat plan is still available. They raised the price to $249.00 for the length of your stay (max 10 nights?). I think it’s still a great deal.

NCRedding said:

I just researched to bike and boat plan, it's called the Captain's plan and has unlimited bike and boat usage for up to 5 people for $269. It is only valid at the resort where its purchased.

We stay at VWL. Two of our favorite things is to rent bikes and bike through the woods to WL and the petting zoo. We also rent boats and go out on the lake a few times.

Sometimes I think we enjoy our time outside of the parks even more.

Why not take a day and head over to Kennedy Space Center. You can easily spend the entire day there. Very educational too.

Let's see....

Go GOLFING!
Stay at the pool and drink/eat all day at the pool (let kids swim)
Shopping at DTD
Go to a Water Park
Go take a tour of SSR/go swimming there

These are some things we have done...

DeerH

We got to be flag family last March! :cheer2: It was an awesome expierence!We signed up for it at check-in! We also enjoy renting bikes and riding on the path to the campgrounds. There is a nice petting zoo there! They also have pony rides for the kids for a small charge (I believe it was $5.oo). :moped: Also, Fantasia mini golf is lots of fun as is Disney Quest! :Pinkbounc A water park is also a fun thing to do, as is renting water mice for a spin a round Bay lake! :rotfl: You could also take the boat to Contemporary Resort and play in their arcade (it has lots of games and is lots of fun)! :) And, last but not least is shopping at Downtown Disney! :rotfl:

We like to go to the Spa at the GF and then do afternoon tea. My husband and son play golf and we also like to shop at downtown Disney. But you can not beat just hanging around the hotel pool on a hot afternoon.

A couple of DH's and I's favourite things to do are mini golf, Jellyrolls and bike riding at Ft Wilderness. We also love to just wander around DTD and people watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter