FW campifre & movie?

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
Can some one tell me all about this please. Is the movie out doors? How do you know which movie is on and when? Im going during Sept, what would the weather be about then?

Thanks

Emma

I have never been but I do know that it is outdoors and you don't know ahead of time which movie will be shown.

The movie and campfire are outdoors in the meadows area of the campground. When you check in the CM will give you a map, and a schedule of the movies for the month, yes month ! All movies are Disney, and are G rated. The Chuck Wagon there will have snacks, drinks, including beer and soda, and the fixins for smors(sp?). n. The area is set up as an amphitheater with benchs and bleachers. It is free, and no reservation is necessary. Before the movie there is a campfire and sing-along. Chip and Dale make an appearance (bring chocolate chip cookies for them) and work their way through the crowd for pictures and snacks. My two boys love the campfire, and even now we make trips from our DVC resort to attend.

Have Fun !

Thanks DVCDAVE,

This sounds really good. Is it just for the children, would two lone adults look out of place? Also is it on every night? Thanks Again.

Emma

:bounce: :bounce:

Yes, it is every night, unless it rains. Then the sing-a-long is held at the meadows pool (a few yards away). Unfortunately no chip and dale, and no movie, just the sing-a-long. Two adults will not look out of place at all, it is for children of all ages (9 days to 99 years) I assure you. My passion for FW started in college going down for spring break in the 70's, even we went to the campfire and had a good time. All you need is a love for anything Disney, if not, well....then, it may be a little bit to family orientated and maybe Disney's Pleasure Island is more your style for the evenings.

We refuse to part with our boys, as we view vacations as family time together, so I don't know what Pleasure Island is like. Maybe someday, you can answer my posts with questions on Pleasure Island. :)

Sure thing Dave, I will start doing some 'research' for you as soon as i get to WDW, any excuse to go to PI!!:D

Campfire_Theater.jpg

Scott - you are too good!! Thanks for sharing the picture of the campfire program area! We'll be there tomorrow night, watching Toy Story (I just called to find out)!

I have a schedule of movies for the month of Sept and the first week of Oct if anyone wants to know about a particular night.

What will be showing the first week , My family and i will be there Oct 5-9 Thanks any help will be most appreciated,:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Pmountain- Sept 16-The Rescuers Down Under, Sept 17-The Fox and the Hound, Sept 18-A Bug's Life, Sept 19-Mary Poppins.

DaddyDon-I only have until Oct 6, Oct 5-Tarzan, Oct 6-Mighty Joe Young.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter