FW in mid August

parmtoo

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Have any of you ever camped in FW in mid August? We may have the chance to go next year, but I'm a little worried about crowds and weather.

I guess we could take breaks from the park in the heat, and then return at night........Any thoughs would be great.

Robin

I wouldn't want to do it in a tent! In August there is a lot of rain and then that heat! Now if you'll be in a pop-up or RV go for it!!!

TC:cool:

We just got back earlier this month. We spent 5 nights at FW and we have a pop up with no A/C.

While it wasn't unbearable at night, it wasn't so comfortable either!

Jo

LOL, I wouldn't do it in a tent either. We have a 5th wheel with air conditioning.
I was more concerned about the crowds in the parks at that time of year.

Thanks, Robin

We camped Aug 4-13 this year in the 300 loop and had a marvelous time. Got a *super* rate with a mousesaver code, and it was value season, so the price was right. Yes, it was *very* hot, but we live in the frozen north, so, if we could hack it, anybody can! We got up early, hit the parks hard until we couldn't stand it (usually 1 or 2), went back to FW and napped/rested, then hit the parks again at suppertime. Good to remember that it doesn't ever really cool off, but, if you stay hydrated and take a break in the ac when you need it you should be fine. Crowds were much better then when we were there at Xmas, and all those water rides feel great!
Terri the Yoopermom

Thanks so much for the info Terri!
We were there a few weeks before xmas of 2000, and had a wonderful time! The kids really missed the water parks at that time of year though.
We have lived in very HOT climates for the past 10 years, so I'm not to worried about the weather.
Thanks again to all!

We tent camped in August and I don't think I would do it again. It was unbearably hot when you don't have a place to cool off. The nights don't really cool off enough so we felt hot and sticky constantly. The rain is also a factor. The whole week everything felt damp between the humidity and the rain. Now in 2001 when we camped it rain a lot more than usual for August. I love FW and we will camp there again, and I love going in August and that is now our annual trip, but the combination was not a good one. If you have air then I say go for it. We even saw tents with window air conditioners rigged up to keep it cool.

I posted a reply, but it must have gone off into the nether regions...
I know we shouldn't be $$hungry, but the rates this past Aug. were fab, too, which makes the heat a little easier to tolerate. We paid in the mid 30s/night with the generic code that was available to anyone at that time, since it was "value" season. Relatives staying at ASM paid in the high 80s, so I figured even if we puttered around and stayed out of the heat, it was half as expensive of a trip for us as it was for them! Now we're debating about what to do for this March since, so far, ASM is only about $25/night more then FW (boooo), and we only have ten days total (incl. travel time).
Terri the Yoopermom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter