Garden grocer- can you order beer?

tgan

Earning My Ears
We are excited to make our first trip home to SSR this summer. I've been reading posts regarding the best way to get groceries since we won't have a rental car. I am leaning toward Garden Grocer since you can request specific brands on line and my daughter has a food allergy. From looking at the website, it doesn't look like you can order beer. Just wondering if anyone knew if you can. I know it is expensive at the resort store. Any ideas?

sure.
when you place your order there's a special section for notes and/or questions.
just make your request there.

Yes you can. You put that request in the comments or notes section. They can't list it as an item. CS told me it was againist the law to sell it online. I put it in this section and it was delivered with the other items with no problems..smjj

Can I ask how much you were charged for a case of beer (domestic)? We'll be ordering some other items as well and I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks very much!

I can't remember its been so long ago now. I do know it was much cheaper than buying beer at Goods to Go at OKW and they will buy any kind you like..smjj

We are just back from our great vacation and had a wonderful experience with garden grocer. The cost was typical to our local grocery store for almost everything including the beer. I don't have the exact cost because we added 2 bricks of cheese and some cold cuts that werent' on the list along with a 30 can pack of coors lite. The additional cost for those items was about $32. I really can't say enough about loving being able to have the food in our room and being able to make things such as burgers, chicken stir fry etc. We ate out only 2 times in 7 days for dinner. I would do it again in a second. :cheer2:

tgan said:
I really can't say enough about loving being able to have the food in our room and being able to make things such as burgers, chicken stir fry etc. We ate out only 2 times in 7 days for dinner. I would do it again in a second. :cheer2:

We felt the same way. This was our first time using a grocery delivery service and it was very nice to come back to the room late at night, sit down and have a cold beer, chips and the such. In the morning we would each make our own breakfast and then go to the parks. Garden Grocer was who we used and I have no complaints and will do it again if we take family like this last time. I think it saved us a lot compared to the average price for a breakfast alone...smjj

We just used GG in July while at Disney. All I can say is....wow! They were the best. I will definitely use them again.

have fun!
Esmerelda

Can I ask for any type of item in this note field? For example, can I ask for a specific baby food not listed in their list?

Thanks!

I just put in our order last night with COD and added tip to the total, though the total is showing I added a 6-pack beer and a bottle of Asti Spumante and I hope they email me the total with that or how does it work?

Also, do they deliver to your "home" once you've gotten assigned to your room? We arrive at OKW around noon so our "window" for delivery was put as 3pm-5pm, now if we get in earlier, can we call for our delivery sooner?

We're newbies on delivery, but don't want to act newbie-ish :rotfl2:

When they deliver they will give you an additional amount for the items you entered in misc. When we arrived and got our room number I called GG (hit #1 to talk to someone immediately) to let them know our room number. They arrived 40 minutes later with our items so we didn't have to wait until our scheduled time and were able to go to the parks earlier. I assume that would depend on how busy they are. Also, it isn't mandatory to call - they will get your room number. Everything was packing in coolers and cold - it was wonderful!
Have fun!

Word of advice: I just used GG last week... DOUBLE check you've gotten everything!!! I was missing 3 items ($10 total in value) from my order and didn't catch it until lunchtime the next day. Brian said "Oh, yea, I was wondering who those belonged to" & that he'd have the items delivered, but never did. Never returned any of my calls either.

Oh yea, and Don't tip in advance. :rolleyes:

How about premixed Margaritas? They sell that at our Costco, but when we got to the Costco in Florida, there was only beer and wine. So we wound up getting it from goodings.

Do you need to be there to accept the delivery, if you're ordering beer? I would make my delivery time later in the afternoon, if that's the case.

We used GG over Easter break at the CR and they delivered to bell services (no alcohol) and when we got back to our room, we called bell services and they delivered our luggage and groceries at the same time.

It was wonderful!

We used GG and ordered beer. They delivered it to Bell Services and they delivered it to us when we got into our room a few hours later...smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter