Gay character in "Beauty and The Beast"

Due to the gay character in "Beauty and The Beast", will you still take your kids to see the movie?

• Yes

Votes: 59 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, showing a man attracted to another man in some PG way is too adult.

But the sacrifice of a woman to save her father, her subsequent imprisonment, servants being cruelly transformed into household objects because their master is a jerk and murder aren't too adult of themes for children?

For what it's worth, I just discussed this thread with my queer friend. I refer to her as queer because that is how she identifies herself. She said she would not take her daughter to see this movie without previewing it first herself because the LGBTQ community is often misrepresented in the media, some of the stereotyping is truly awful.

I would have to see the scene before I can comment. It seems pointless to me but then I don't look for messages in a fairy tale movie.

I am closing this thread because some posters are not able to address each other respectfully and without fighting.

And I would like to add that anyone who is homophobic or has strong objections to gay people or culture or behavior has hilariously stumbled into the WRONG forum on the web!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter