Gay Days at WDW

Aaronbox:

thank you very much for sharing your plans, they should help me a lot since I don't have a sense of scheduling inside the parks (it's been too long since I went). My DGF should enjoy this without hasseling her that much. Thank you again and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

At the Gay Day dot com website there are discussion boards where folks are looking for roommates. Good luck with your trip planning.

:thumbsup2

I posted there over two months ago, and never got a single response. :-( Trying a few different venues before I give up and just book a room by myself. :-)

Unfortunately the legal age is much higher in Florida than it is where I come from (18). Are there any fun clubs, bars, or parties that I would be able to check out this summer? I couldn't care less about drinking, I'd just like to have a night to get away from the family to go out dancing and have a good time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I really appreciate your comment and could noy have said it any better myself
my husband and I and my 2 grown daughters and our grandson will be at Disney world from 5/28/07-6/4/07 and i have already decided that if i see inappropriate activity I will either tell the party to go get a hotel room or i will find a cast member and report them trust me i have nothing against gays or lesbians i have friends who are but inappropriate displays of public affection are offensive and disney world is not the place or the time.

Susan C Eagle
Momeagle36@aol.com

my husband and I and my 2 grown daughters and our grandson will be at Disney world from 5/28/07-6/4/07 and i have already decided that if i see inappropriate activity I will either tell the party to go get a hotel room or i will find a cast member and report them trust me i have nothing against gays or lesbians i have friends who are but inappropriate displays of public affection are offensive and disney world is not the place or the time.

Susan C Eagle
Momeagle36@aol.com

Would you please go post this on the boards you suspect have a higher percentage of heterosexuals, because that's where the vast majority of PDAs originate. Lesbian and and gay couples, on the other hand, have had millenia to practice circumspection and as I asked a former poster why of all things Disney would you be posting about this subject here on only your 4th post? :confused3:confused3:confused3

Susan C Eagle
Momeagle36@aol.com

Viki, I too am wondering about these posts on the gay and lesbian chat board...they seem more like attack and threat to me. I have witnessed more inappropriate hetero behavior in the parks than anything else ever! and I didn't report them or yell at them to get a room. And Ms Eagle, if you really did have good friends that are gay, you wuld be more supportive and open minded...not threatening to report people for something that has not yet happened... Do you also report hetero teenagers kissing in line at amusement parks? I imagine you don't.
Why don't you spend your vacation at Universal Studios and spare us your veiled homophobia.

bocabear,
yes regardless of sexual orientation if i felt that the behavoir was inapproprite i would report it, you can choose to belive that or not its entirely your choice

bocabear,
yes regardless of sexual orientation if i felt that the behavoir was inapproprite i would report it, you can choose to belive that or not its entirely your choice

You know, momeagle, I am a pretty conservative guy myself and feel the same way about inappropriate ehavior, but it really seems odd to have this posting from you...seems like a threat. What would even make you search out the Gay and Lesbian boards to post this?? It would be like me going to the wedding planning discussion and posting that I don't want to see any newlywed behavior or i will report them...
I have been to Gay days for the past 5 years...I have witnessed very little to no inappropriate behavior...there is mostly a lot of hand holding...maybe a few small kisses here and there...no more than yiou would see on an average day with hetero couples... if it is the "Gay" thing that bothers you, might I suggest going to gaydays.com and plan your schedule to not coincide with the event schedule.

2007 is the 17th Gay Days at Disney:

May 31 Thursday Animal Kingdom
June 1 Friday Disney MGM Studios
June 2 Saturday Magic Kingdom
June 3 Sunday Epcot

Although, I'm looking forward to Gay Days, my schedule works better if I move a couple of those dates around. But I'll be at Magic Kingdom wearing red on Saturday.

They estimated a few years ago that the attendance of Gay Days was over 100,000. Did I read the estimate of over 130,000 last year?! My mom asked me, "Why wear red?" I don't know beyond - it'll show the size of our turnout. She's been with me to Gay Day at Worlds of Fun (an amusement park in Kansas City) where we wore red. But this will blow that away. :stir:

You are right,wearing red really shows the turnout...There is nothing like standing at the hub and in front of you is a sea of red shirts.....very empowering! :yay:

What I don't get is that people would report "innapropiate behavior" if they see some kisses or holding hands between a gay/lesbian couple, but these same people would take their children to an R-rated movie in which you see people killing each other or doing drugs or anything else that really is "innapropiate behavior" and they won't even bother explaining their children that those kind of behaviors are not accepted. I remember going to the movies to see "Interview with a vampire" and there was a couple in front of me with a little girl like 7 yo and they would close the little girl's eyes whenever Brad Pitt was near Antonio Banderas ( I can't remember their character's name), but when the vampires were going to attack sombody, they did NOTHING!!!. I mean, even to me as a grown up that was kind of scary. I believe children should be tought about tolerance and diversity since they are little.:hippie:

Right on PRGirl! I agree 100%!!! And what is with people mlike that coming onto the Gay and Lesbian boards to post their threats! It made me so mad when I read both of those...

PRgirl, you make excellent points. I don't understand much of anything that is hate based. :confused3 Allowing a child to watch unmitigated violence, but blocking a same gendered couple from her sight is more than ridiculous, it's doing that poor child true harm. :confused:

Well this bites! :upsidedow My job is sending me to Orlando for work May 31 - Jun 5. We'll be working Fri & Sat until late, but if things go well those days, Sun will be spent in the parks. My problem is I'll probably be w/ my peer group from other regions and possibly upper management (not people I work w/ everyday) and I'm not exactly out to them. I'm also going to be w/o my partner which just makes the idea of "Gay Days" seem kind of lonely. The idea of being at Disney for Gay Days w/ a group of people who I don't even know how they are going to react is killing my enthusiasm.

Then there are the hot button topics -
Do I warn them ahead of time to avoid any nasty surprises when they reach the parks?
Do I just tell them don't wear red and leave it alone?
Do I ditch the group (they will probably be in MK that day), and head over to Epcot myself which is "the park" for the day? - to be honest though - this sounds really depressing since I'll not only be w/o my partner, I'll literally be by myself. I'll have to deal w/ that later on in the week anyway since I'm staying a couple extra days after we are done, but for gay days ... :confused3
If they do decide to go to Epcot that day ... :confused:

I've always wanted to go to Gay Days at Disney, but guess this is one of those "Be careful what you wish for" moments Mickey always warns us about.:sad2:

Oh well... I'm going to be in Disney World!! :woohoo: :woohoo: So it's bound to be a grand ole gay time! :thumbsup2 Right?!!

Now I just need to go find me a red shirt.

Well Storm Tigger, you could always just tell them that you heard the Magic Kingdom is going to be packed on Saturday...near capacity crowds and that another pne f the parks might be better....then sneak off and join us all there :-)

My mom went to Disney twice on her own. She enjoyed it - but did find it a little lonely. You can get to a lot more attractions (esp. using "single rider" line at Soarin'). Depending on how outgoing you are, you might find a small group of folks to tour with if you just strike up a conversation and lead up to, "May I join you all for a while?" This is probably easiest after you make yourself available to take folk's pictures. Playing photographer is always an easy ice breaker. Perhaps this is your chance to take a behind-the-scenes tour. Strike up conversations with cast members. Go to a restaurant that your partner avoids.
You'll LOVE it on your own. Or you may prefer to tour with your co-workers at Magic Kingdom. Either way, you'll be at Disney!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter