Gay Days question

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
Yesterday while reading my PassPorter, I came across an entry saying that Gay Days for DLR are Oct. 6-8, 2006. I confirmed this info on the Gay Days website. The site says Sat. Oct. 7 is at DL and Sun. Oct. 8 is at DCA.

We arrive Oct. 8 and were looking to do DCA that day. We assumed that DL would be crowded because it is a weekend.
Here's my question: Will this event have a large impact on crowds at DCA?

I've been to DLR several times for the Haunted Mansion Holiday event, and stayed through the following weekend. It always coincides with Gay Days. Except for all the red shirts, I wouldn't have noticed any difference. Yes, it is crowded because it's a weekend (we tend to do DCA on Saturday because the crowds aren't as bad there, whether it's Gay Days or not).

:rotfl: Yeah I just heard about Gay Days too cause thats when im going. Glad I found that out before I wear a red shirt. Not that I have anything against peoples preference in "relationships".

A friend of mine went during the gay days last year too, she said you do see some really strange things most people arnt used to seeing, but for the most part, you wont tell the difference in the park other then a lot of red shirts.

Thats great to know about going to DCA on a saturday insted of the regular disneyland park cause of the lower crowds. Thats excellent advice. Thanks! :sunny:

I'm going to have to say it *will be more crowded- we inadvertently (sp) went last year on that weekend, and it was insane. If you go to the opposite park that the events are planned for it should just be regular weekend busy. However, if travelling with young kids, be prepared for inappropriate sayings on tshirts. (Gay or not, it shouldn't have been allowed, the things on shirts we saw... I was SO SO Thankkful our dds are too young to read)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter