GCV studio

Robynlaurel

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for a while but just registered finally:yay:
I have a quick question which I can't find an answer to (probably somewhere obvious in which case I'm sorry!). Are the GCV studios like regular hotel rooms? Or do they have the little kitchenettes etc? I have found misc. photos around, but never clear on what type of room they are. Much appreciate any help. :)

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for a while but just registered finally:yay:
I have a quick question which I can't find an answer to (probably somewhere obvious in which case I'm sorry!). Are the GCV studios like regular hotel rooms? Or do they have the little kitchenettes etc? I have found misc. photos around, but never clear on what type of room they are. Much appreciate any help. :)

They are similar to all the DVC studios. One queen sized bed and one queen sized sleeper sofa (larger than the other studios) with a kitchenette.

Here are pictures from a GCV studio:

p311734968-4.jpg

p952323066-5.jpg

p799706395-5.jpg

Thanks so much for the photos! We are staying at the VGC in a studio in August for our 1st ever trip to DL. Getting so excited! :goodvibes

I sure do like the Craftsman style (or is it Mission style) furniture at GCV.

From the picture the bed seems attached to the wall on one side.
Am I the only one to hate this? Is it possible to move it a little bit from the wall to allow the person sleeping on that side to easily walk on that side?

Am I the only one to hate this? Is it possible to move it a little bit from the wall to allow the person sleeping on that side to easily walk on that side?

It's fixed, so it cannot be moved.

And to answer your question, yes, you're the only one who hates that. :rolleyes:

I think it's an optical illusion due to the angle of the picture above. There should be like a foot gap between the wall and the side of the bed.

Is there a closet? Does it have a safe? Is there a vacuum in a studio?TIA:)

Kat4Disney I tried to send you a thank you Pm but I don't have enough posts yet haha! I never saw the photos because I'm not great at navigating boards LOL. So very helpful of you though (exactly what I needed and couldn't find anywhere) and very much appreciated even a year later. We stayed in a studio for five nights in October and it completely spoiled us. So fantastic! Thanks again, so much!

Is there a closet? Does it have a safe? Is there a vacuum in a studio?TIA:)
There is a closet, and a safe in that closet. I don't remember seeing a vacuum, but I usually only stay a few nights in a studio and don't look for one then. I know in the 1 and 2 bedrooms its stored in a closet in the living area portion of the room.

There is a small space, you could squeeze out.

Kat4Disney I tried to send you a thank you Pm but I don't have enough posts yet haha! I never saw the photos because I'm not great at navigating boards LOL. So very helpful of you though (exactly what I needed and couldn't find anywhere) and very much appreciated even a year later. We stayed in a studio for five nights in October and it completely spoiled us. So fantastic! Thanks again, so much!

Lol - well this is an oldie! But you're very welcome even if you only just saw them! Glad you enjoyed your stay. :goodvibes

There is about a 1 foot space between the queen bed and the wall.... same as at the studios at AKV Kidani, but alas no nightstand on that side. Seems like they could do a small built in ledge or something with this design/floorplan... it would sure be nice to have just a little ledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter