• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie + per day question

cindy17

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been answered before but I cant seem to find answers right now ... I bought my son and his GF hoppers without Genie+ for their trip mid June, wasnt sure if they'd need it. My question is ... can he add Genie+ at any time (or does it need to be done at 7am)? Can he add it on while hes at their motel (Desert Inn & Suites) or does he have to be on Disney property? I understand this would be a day by day thing being that his tickets are already purchased, correct? Also, I assume this add on purchase can be made via the app? And what is the per day per ticket price to add it on? Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, you can add genie+ option to a ticket at any time using disneyland experience app or webpage. Don't forget to link the tickets to a disney account.
I hope other members would confirm.

// As far as I know, you can add genie+ option to a ticket at any time using disneyland experience app or webpage. Don't forget to link the tickets to a disney account.

Based on others' confirmation, I seem to be wrong :/
I was able to buy genie+ earlier at hotel in the app for WDW, but maybe different for Disneyland or it's changed.

// As far as I know, you can add genie+ option to a ticket at any time using disneyland experience app or webpage. Don't forget to link the tickets to a disney account.

Based on others' confirmation, I seem to be wrong :/
I was able to buy genie+ earlier at hotel in the app for WDW, but maybe different for Disneyland or it's changed.
yes, wdw does it differently

Sorry if this has been answered before but I cant seem to find answers right now ... I bought my son and his GF hoppers without Genie+ for their trip mid June, wasnt sure if they'd need it. My question is ... can he add Genie+ at any time (or does it need to be done at 7am)? Can he add it on while hes at their motel (Desert Inn & Suites) or does he have to be on Disney property? I understand this would be a day by day thing being that his tickets are already purchased, correct? Also, I assume this add on purchase can be made via the app? And what is the per day per ticket price to add it on? Thanks in advance!
He can only buy it once they’ve scanned into a park. Yes it would have to be a day by day thing. Yes it’s done on the app under “my genie day” or if you try to reserve something from the tip board it’ll guide you through the steps to purchase it

He can only buy it once they’ve scanned into a park. Yes it would have to be a day by day thing. Yes it’s done on the app under “my genie day” or if you try to reserve something from the tip board it’ll guide you through the steps to purchase it
Thank you so much everyone for your replies. What is the ballpark price per day for Genie +?

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. What is the ballpark price per day for Genie +?
As PP mentioned it’s $20 per day per person. It includes Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Matterhorn, Autopia, Small World, Roger Rabbit, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Millennium Falcon, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Soarin’, Guardians, Monsters Inc, Grizzly River Run, Incredicoaster, Toy Story Mania, and Goofy’s Sky School. Generally you can only have one reserved at a time but the exception is if you have to wait at least 2 hours to redeem it. In that case you can reserve another one after 2 hours.

Then there’s also the individual LLs. There are three of those: Rise of the Resistance, WEB Slingers, and Radiator Springs Racers. You can buy up to 2 of these separate from genie+. Rise is always $20 while the pricing of the others ranges from $7-$18 depending on crowds. I wouldn’t recommend buying it for WEB Slingers or RSR though because they both have a single rider line now

As PP mentioned it’s $20 per day per person. It includes Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Matterhorn, Autopia, Small World, Roger Rabbit, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Millennium Falcon, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Soarin’, Guardians, Monsters Inc, Grizzly River Run, Incredicoaster, Toy Story Mania, and Goofy’s Sky School. Generally you can only have one reserved at a time but the exception is if you have to wait at least 2 hours to redeem it. In that case you can reserve another one after 2 hours.

Then there’s also the individual LLs. There are three of those: Rise of the Resistance, WEB Slingers, and Radiator Springs Racers. You can buy up to 2 of these separate from genie+. Rise is always $20 while the pricing of the others ranges from $7-$18 depending on crowds. I wouldn’t recommend buying it for WEB Slingers or RSR though because they both have a single rider line now
Very helpful thanks! I’ll send this to my son

We are regulars but spent a full day and used Genie + for the first time, sure you have to pay $20 but it worked great. We went ride to ride with minimal wait times

Also, to save time, pre-load a payment method into your Disneyland app, so once you're in the park you don't have to futz with pulling out a credit card and enter it when you purchase Genie+.

Each morning, we'd scan into the parks, walk to the rope drop stop, and then pull out my phone and purchase Genie+ with a couple button presses.

Also, resist the urge to grab LL reservations before wait times start jumping above nominal waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter