• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

genie plus and a 13 year old

kt_mom

DIS Veteran
My son is on a youth group trip in orlando. They are going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. I had created a MDE account for him not knowing that putting his age would limit what he could do. His ticket is already linked in there. So I sent a request to myself and he's in my friends and family list now. I think I should be able to go on at midnight and buy genie plus for him. But I just read that you have to be 16 to make the lightening lane return times. Have I screwed this up for him? How can I make this work him?

I sent him an invitation and he shows up in my friends and family list now. I can see his park reservation for tomorrow. So does that mean he can log into mine and make his own return times? I never should have created a whole new account for him, but I didn't want to share our personal login info with the trip planners since we have our own trip in there for later this year.

I’ve never been involved in any kind of youth trip. Do the planners need to access his/your MDE for admission? If so I agree with what you are saying about not wanting anyone to have access to your account.

If that’s not an issue, and only your son had access (via his cell phone) then it will work having him log in under your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter