Germany: Once Upon a Fairytale Meets Thread

Just checking to see if anyone is doing the 9/14 trip.:confused3
Do you mean the 9/15/13 trip? If so, and you check the Roll Call in the first post, you'll see that CastleLover is on the 9/15/13 trip. Have you signed up for this trip? Would you like to be added to the Roll Call?

Sayhello

Hello all! I'm thinking of doing this trip in either 2014 or 2015 with my parents. After reading this thread, I think we are in! Looking forward to it!

I am on a pre-trip shopping spree! Are there hairdryers in each of the hotel rooms?

Under 3 weeks now! Can't wait!

Laurie

I'm going to be on this trip in a few weeks and am really excited! I have a question about the Frankfurt and Munich airports. How easy are they to navigate through (going through passport control, security, etc.)?

Thank you!
Jason

I'm going to be on this trip in a few weeks and am really excited! I have a question about the Frankfurt and Munich airports. How easy are they to navigate through (going through passport control, security, etc.)?

Thank you!
Jason

Frankfurt Airport was super easy. Signage is in German and English. Went through customs very quickly and picked up luggage, where the ABD rep was waiting for us.

Munich Airport was a little more busy. Signs in English, but we were a little confused where to check in for Lufthansa. Easy enough, only problem was their were only 2 vending machines at the gate past security, no shops. :-(. I was planning on buying gummi bears & kinder eggs for souvenirs. I hear Delta's gate had shops. Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you!
Jason
I'm looking forward to hearing all about you guys' trip! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

I've received my travel docs and the guide book recommends $500 US in tip for the two guides! Whoa. My first thought was Disney needs to pay them more. Is that excessive? I thought the tip was like a small thank you not a pay check. Am I being cheap? What's did others give?

I've received my travel docs and the guide book recommends $500 US in tip for the two guides! Whoa. My first thought was Disney needs to pay them more. Is that excessive? I thought the tip was like a small thank you not a pay check. Am I being cheap? What's did others give?

The gratuity is $6-9 per day per person. How many are you in the family? For Germany, that would be $54-81 per day and if you are a family of 4 that would be $432-648 for two guides.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Frankfurt Airport was super easy. Signage is in German and English. Went through customs very quickly and picked up luggage, where the ABD rep was waiting for us.

Munich Airport was a little more busy. Signs in English, but we were a little confused where to check in for Lufthansa. Easy enough, only problem was their were only 2 vending machines at the gate past security, no shops. :-(. I was planning on buying gummi bears & kinder eggs for souvenirs. I hear Delta's gate had shops. Lol

Thank you very much!
Jason

Just a note on Munich. When we flew Out last year once you get through security by the gates the announcements for departing planes is scarce to non existent so check you gate for the boarding time. We being from the US are use to blaring load speakers torturing us all day. Have a wonderful trip and looking forward to your thoughts on your return.:)

Not knowing how many are in your party, it's hard for me to comment on the amount/accuracy. All I know is that, by the end of all my ABDs, I've given the Guides *more* than the recommended amount, and wished that I had more cash to give them. They've totally earned and deserved it.

I don't know how that compares to other companies; I know some of them include the tips in the price of the trip.

Sayhello

Incentive based pay always leads to better service.
If they were paid more the cost of the trip would go up !

Not knowing how many are in your party, it's hard for me to comment on the amount/accuracy. All I know is that, by the end of all my ABDs, I've given the Guides *more* than the recommended amount, and wished that I had more cash to give them. They've totally earned and deserved it.

I don't know how that compares to other companies; I know some of them include the tips in the price of the trip.

Sayhello

We have given more than the recommended both of our trips. The guides work nonstop. So much time goes in "behind the scenes" that the guests don't see. It is a fun but exhausting job! :-)

Ok, I missed the "per person in the party" part. Since its just me that's $200 total. I'm sure there's some healthy margin of profit that Disney could cough up but that's for another board!

DH and I are signed up for the 8/1/14-8/9/14 Germany trip, we are doing 2 post days in Munich as well as 3 pre-trip days on our own in Iceland :)

DH and I are signed up for the 8/1/14-8/9/14 Germany trip, we are doing 2 post days in Munich as well as 3 pre-trip days on our own in Iceland :)

You will adore this trip!! Good idea for the post days in Munich!

I really cannot wait, and seeing how it is snowing like crazy in Boston now, thinking about a summer trip is the only thing getting me through :):cool1:

We (DH, DD and me) are signed up for the July 25-Aug 2, 2014 trip. This will be our first ABD vacation. Based on all the great post, it should be a blast. Can't wait!

We (DH, DD and me) are signed up for the July 25-Aug 2, 2014 trip. This will be our first ABD vacation. Based on all the great post, it should be a blast. Can't wait!
Congrats! I guess you didn't need my suggestion on your other Thread to check out this Meets thread! I've added you to the Roll Call. You're in for a treat!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter