Getting around FW to the parks with wheelchair

sldmh5

Earning My Ears
We will be RV camping at FW in about 3 weeks. I have to kiddos that use wheelchairs for mobility. What is the best way to get around FW and to and from the parks when staying in loop 100,200, or 300? I have rented a golf cart for 6 so we can fold up the chairs to get to the bus stops easier. We are doing all parks over 4 days while there--this is a add on surprise trip for the kiddos after a family cruise (not Disney) Thank you all for any advice.

All Disney transportation is wheelchair/scooter friendly. From the Fort, MK will be easiest on the boat. You can literally roll right on and off. AK, HS and EPCOT will be best with the bus from the Settlement. The busses are a bit more with the ramps. If you have a golf cart, that will help with only needing to deal with the main park busses and not the internal Fort bus to get to the Settlement/Outpost bus depot. The only other factor I have seen is if there are multiple scooters/wheelchairs that need to go. The busses are limited on the number of spots they can secure a wheelchair or scooter and I have seen people in mobility devices have to wait for a 2nd bus during busy times.

Not sure if your kids can transfer to a seat for the trip with the wheelchair folded. That would address the problem with needing a spot to secure the chair.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter