Getting extra mousekeeping

dunbarfamily

I'm a proud WDW-loving wife and mama to six
We're looking forward to our first DVC trip in January. I know that they don't have mousekeeping every day, but I read that you can pay extra for it. The member book said the website has the prices, but I can't find it on the website.

Anyone know what the charge is for extra mousekeeping?

Thanks!

This is from the members' website:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change

Don't pay the extra for mouskeeping until you try it without. With the full kitchens etc, of DVC, it feels so much like a home, that I hate to have mousekeeping come in and disturb us. In fact, I'd prefer if they didn't come at ALL! Even with our 10 night stays.

Don't pay the extra for mouskeeping until you try it without. With the full kitchens etc, of DVC, it feels so much like a home, that I hate to have mousekeeping come in and disturb us. In fact, I'd prefer if they didn't come at ALL! Even with our 10 night stays.
I agree!!! I'd love it if Mousekeeping never stopped by. Leave a few extra soaps, bath, dishwasher, and laundry etc. at the door once in a while, and I am fine doing my bath towels in the laundry. I'd rather have towels, and dishes washed to my own personal standards, as well as trash removal, and recycling. It's not beneath me to to empty my trash and recycle bins and bring them to the trash room daily. I have used the vacuum after spilling Coffeemate on the carpeting. After all, it is a vacation home, not a hotel room.

Yep, I agree... don't even like the one day they do come in. Nice to get the trash removed, but that's all we need.

Wow! I'm really suprised to hear you all say you didn't really want mousekeeping. I was pretty disapointed to hear they wouldn't be coming every day. I'm lazy on vacation, and I love the thought of having my bed made every day! I know, how lazy can I get, right?!?

Reading what you guys have said, and given the prices, I will have to rethink the whole thing.

BTW...I'm a bit embarrased I couldn't find it on the member website....oops!

Thanks so much!! :flower:

Wow! I'm really surprised to hear you all say you didn't really want mousekeeping. I was pretty disappointed to hear they wouldn't be coming every day. I'm lazy on vacation, and I love the thought of having my bed made every day! I know, how lazy can I get, right?!?

Reading what you guys have said, and given the prices, I will have to rethink the whole thing.
I agree with Diane and Co. I like that I can just leave my stuff scattered around and not feel the urge to tidy up to make it easier for mousekeeping to clean the room. We never stay long enough to get a full cleaning but for Trash and Towel day, we are often in the room when mousekeeping stops by. I usually meet them at the door, hand over a stack of used towels and a bag of trash and swap them for clean towels and any supplies we need (shampoo, etc.) and that's that.

BTW...I'm a bit embarrassed I couldn't find it on the member website....oops!
It is not easy to find this info on the website. Under "Member Getaways", select "Disney Vacation Club Resorts". When that page loads, select a resort. I picked BCV but any resort will do. Then select "Resort Services". The Mousekeeping info was on that page. I had the info handy because I looked it up last week so I just did a copy and paste from another post. But it took me ages to find it the first time!

We make our bed every morning at home, so it's not that hard to make it on vacation either. But, when we stay at a non-DVC resort/hotel somewhere, I still have the urge to make that bed.

We make our bed every morning at home, so it's not that hard to make it on vacation either. But, when we stay at a non-DVC resort/hotel somewhere, I still have the urge to make that bed.

The funny thing is, when I'm at home I make the bed the minute I get out of it-but on vacation...not so much...

We only make up the pullout, DN sleeps there.

Wow! I'm really suprised to hear you all say you didn't really want mousekeeping. I was pretty disapointed to hear they wouldn't be coming every day. I'm lazy on vacation, and I love the thought of having my bed made every day! I know, how lazy can I get, right?!?

Thanks so much!! :flower:

I just feel uncomfortable having someone clean up for me. I especially don't want to sit around and watch someone clean up for me. We're basically tidy people and at home we will pull up the sheet and bed cover so the dogs don't get their doggy hairs on the sheets, but at the beach we tend to leave the bed in ready mode.

See now that's a freudian slip... I didn't say while on vacation... I said "at the beach". :sad2:

We do actually take trips to places other than the beach.

Before our first trip I thought I might need an extra day or so of housekeeping but it wasn't necessary. I do like for housekeeping to come to my room, make the bed, clean the tub, and straighten up, but only having that happen every four days was find for me.

Same here, but I DO make the bed at other hotels as well! Of course, then I don't feel compelled to tip hotel housekeepers either, because I also hang the towels for reuse, and clean out the tub.

I thought I would miss it before our first DVC stay, but we really don't. In fact, I'm with everyone else who actually likes it better without mousekeeping. When we stayed in the regular hotel rooms it never failed that we'd go back to the room for a nap or rest and that would be when mousekeeping would show up. Especially with the 1 and 2 BRs, there's nice closet space, it's really very easy to keep things tidy. Give it a try and see what you think!

I make our bed every day too, as soon as I get up.

After thinkng about it, I realize that we probably don't really need the extra mousekeeping. In a regular hotel, we at least pull up our sheets and blankets everyday, we can easily resuse and wash our own towels, and we don't leave stuff laying around. I always tell my husband that there really isn't much for housekeeping to do anyways. So I guess we'll try it without.

Its funny how when I think we're missing out on something then I think we need it. :)

Thanks for your input everyone! You just saved us at least $45!

I figure, I don't change the sheets/towels at home daily, so why do I need it on vacation? I don't see where taking the trash down the hall would be a major inconvenience, either.

BTW, :worship: to you, LisaS. You are just a fountain of information! You rock!

I DO miss it. But I'm too cheap to pay for it. I have never felt the urge to clean up FOR housekeeping or have found them to be inconvient - housekeeping of MY room - as far as I can tell - is done by magical fairies - I see "housekeepers" and their carts out in the halls Unfortunately, those fairies appear to be costly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter