getting from miami port to disney's port orleans French quarter - best options ???

BigBeardie

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

My husband & I will be going on a cruise at the end of february (company convention).
We decided to prolong the fun by heading off to disney right after, just the 2 of us.

My question is what's the most convenient sensible way of getting from miami port to the Port orlean's French quarter disney resort (our hotel)?

Renting a car for the day seems costly & also a bit of a fuss ... is there a car drop off point on the resort itself? Which rental company ? How can I get the best rates? Expedia doesn't seem to offer one way drop off options.

Is a bus ride a better idea?

Does disney offer some kind of transportation link between its resort & major cities, ports, or airports?

Cost is also a concern , so this Canadian gal will appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thank-you!

Bigbeardie

I say just drive. Ted and I did this last July. His complany sent him to Miami.... I folllowed and when he was done, we drove to Orlando for a 4-day weekend.

The drive is easy, went by quickly (even in the July heat) and we were there in 4 hours.

Renting a car HAS to be cheaper than bus fare from Miami. You can get a car with the right code for less than $50 for a day! I recommend Dollar. They have a location in the Courtyard by Mariott just a short walk from Downtown Disney. Call, I think they'll even pick you up if you ask....

You'll have to call and see how you can get the car in Miami. There is a pick-up spot at the Miami Airport as well as two at Miami Beach. Disney does not sponsor bus transportation to anywhere except around WDW Resort and Disney Cruise Line.

For discounts go to www.mousesavers.com. There are a few codes for Dollar Rental Car under "ground transportation" If you call and get rates using the code, you should get a pretty good deal! Try "KISS3" We got an Intermediate car for a WEEK for $179. They have daily rates as well!

Holly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter