Getting rooms next to each other? Help!

ML_LovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to link reservations so you get a room close to each other. I booked myself and my family in a 2 BR at AKV-Kidani and then my in-laws in a studio at AKV-Kidani. Is there a way to get rooms next to each other? Also, We have a standard view and they have savanna. Even if they were on the same floor that would be great, but do I need to call member services? Or is it just when we check in we have to request it and there are no guarantees? TIA

It used to be called grand gathering, but has a different name now (which I can not remember). Call MS and any experianced CM will know what you want even if you are not using the correct terminology.

It's a "traveling with" request. Success depends on several factors and you never know what can happen. Good luck!

:earsboy: Bill

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to link reservations so you get a room close to each other. I booked myself and my family in a 2 BR at AKV-Kidani and then my in-laws in a studio at AKV-Kidani. Is there a way to get rooms next to each other? Also, We have a standard view and they have savanna. Even if they were on the same floor that would be great, but do I need to call member services? Or is it just when we check in we have to request it and there are no guarantees? TIA
Ultimately it's just a request, no way to guarantee and not way to know ahead of time.

We did the travel with last year as we had a 2 bedroom and 2 studios booked. At BWV, the 2 bedroom and one of the studios was across from each other and the other was down the hall, about 7 or 8 rooms.

At BLT, the studios were across from each other on the 3rd floor but the 2 bedroom was on the 1st and they were not able to change it...but definitely put it in through MS and hope for the best. I don't know how things are layer out at Kidani so the different views may or may not be near each other.

Last year we had a 2 BR Savanna view and a studio standard view. They were on the same floor, in the same wing, and a few rooms apart. The standard view rooms are opposite the Sunset Savanna view rooms, within the first four beads from the lobby.

We wanted them closer to the lobby than we were (elderly mother, pregnant daughter and toddler). They couldn't move us closer to the lobby, I think mostly because one room was savanna and the other standard. Our room numbers were xx34 (savanna) and xx25 (standard) if that gives you any idea. That was the 4th bead, and the 2BR was the last room in that bead. I was glad we were on the same floor!

While DVC's response to requests is generally underwhelming, I must say that my impression is they actually put effort into this area and non HC medical requests and do a fairly good job here.

We also have had good luck when getting a "travel with" designation. Our last big trip we had a GV, a 2 bedroom, and 2 - 1 bedrooms and they were all very close together on the same floor. Our rooms were all BW view at BWV (not that many BW view rooms at the resort) and since Kidani is such a large resort, I think that gives you an even better chance.

We did this at OKW for Xmas 2011. MS did some sort of link and noted we were family traveling together. We had a 2BR (our fam and MIL and FIL) in HH section and requested 1st floor due to MIL's bad knees and they noted our request was for a medical reason. I also booked SIL2 and her DD and DH in a studio in HH section and MS linked it and noted family gathering. We were on 1st floor of building 14 and at the very end/corner and SIL2 was on 2nd floor in the middle. It worked out just fine, though, as each building isn't too large at OKW. I'd like to get 2 studios, at AKV, next to each other (for my fam of 5 and then a 3rd studio nearby for SIL2) for our next trip and I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

It's a "traveling with" request. Success depends on several factors and you never know what can happen. Good luck!

:earsboy: Bill

We did that with our friends last year. They were in a studio and we checked in to our 1 bedroom which was attached so it was essentially now a 2 bedroom lock off. Great luck for us.

We did that with our friends last year. They were in a studio and we checked in to our 1 bedroom which was attached so it was essentially now a 2 bedroom lock off. Great luck for us.
I've done that several times. They key is to make sure you have a lockoff reserved, request it up front, request it when you check in and then go to the desk early on the change day and again remind them of the request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter