Getting the most!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
OK, I hope this makes sense! I am new to the DDP!

My Mom and I are planning to share a lot on the DDP. There is NO way we'd BOTH be able to eat an appetizer, meal and dessert. Sharing seems perfect. Do a lot of people do this?

BUT, I've heard that sometimes the portions are made smaller on the DDP. Is this the case?

What are the general rules of getting the most out of the DDP? In what situations is it best to pay out of pocket?

Thank you!

You can definitely share. The portions on DDP are the same as without. My mom and I have used the plan twice and have shared many meals. As far as getting the most out of the plan, there are several threads that can help you. Basically, eat at the more expensive TS like Le Cellier, Alfredos, etc.

As far as paying OOP, you'll want to pay for the extra beverage if you are sharing. Otherwise, depends on the pricing and if you think you're going to need to pay for any TS or CS. If you share meals, my guess is you won't have to pay OOP except maybe for breakfast (not a cost effect use of credits). However, with the more lenient snack credits now you can get breakfast foods as a snack.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter