** Getting to know you ** please post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of my ugly mug and Jane's fair features can be seen on my website: just follow the link in my signature if you're nosey

Guilty as charged!! :teeth:

We first visited DLP in 1996, not long after I saw a programme on the TV about the making of Space Mountain.

It's funny you should mention that. I've had that on video all these years and I've just got round to transferring on to DVD. Not great quality, but if anyone is interested in a copy.........!

It's lovely to "see" everyone and put faces to names!:goodvibes

I'm Elaine (43), married to Bryan (46) and we have three princesses, Samantha, who will be 13 in eight days time (there are post-it notes being stuck on everything around the house to remind us of this!), Danielle (10) and Francesca (8). We live in Bournemouth with our two Sheltie dogs, Shadow and Skye.

I used to be in banking but at present I am a stay at home mum. I don't know how I ever found the time to work, what with two dogs to walk and Dis boards to read!:rotfl:

Both DH and I have always loved Disney, and our DD's have been totally brainwashed and do not have any choice in the matter. When DH proposed he said one day we would go to WDW.......we didn't realise it would take us 17 years to get there!:rotfl2:

We went to WDW for the first time at Easter 2004 and it was everything we had always dreamed of....and more:cloud9: We did all the Disney parks and Discovery Cove but decided to leave Universal for our next time! We knew there would be a next time after reading these boards!:) We are planning to return to WDW for Easter 2007.

We are visiting DLP for the first time this August. I must admit to being a bit dubious at first but you lot have convinced me we are going to love it there:wizard: and so we have already booked up to spend Christmas there as well. And I am sure we will return there summer 2006....it would be a shame to waste those annual passes, wouldn't it!:teeth:

None of us are really into fast rides with the exception of Tower of Terror (can't wait for the one to come to DLP), but we just LOVE the magic of the Disney parks, meeting all the characters and watching the parades and fireworks.

The Dis boards really epitomise the true spirit of Disney:wizard:everybody here is so friendly and helpful:grouphug:just what Walt wished for the world::MickeyMo:love:::MinnieMo

45513File0003-med.jpg

I'm Steve (28), married to Erika (not telling, but slightly older than me!) who also occasionally posts on her under her own login name.

We live in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire where I work in IT Technical Support for the local council and she works as a Dispenser (hopefully soon to be Registered Pharmacy Technician if the exams go well) for Boots the Chemist.

She was the Disney addict, having been to Orlando at least ten times and Paris I think three times before we even met, while I had only one solo trip to Disneyland California under my belt. However, she convinced me of the magic of Disney and I am now as hooked as her - we've been to Paris three times and Orlando twice since then and have trips booked to both this year - DLP in May (our first since becoming shareholders) and WDW in November.

DLP holds some great memories for both of us - it was our first proper holiday together as a couple and two years later, I proposed to her in the gardens outside the Disneyland Hotel. There is a long and possibly funny story that goes with that which I will tell to anyone who wants to hear it (mainly a guide on what can go wrong with an attempt to propose, probably will! Although it worked out fine in the end as she said YES!)

We got married May 2004 and honeymooned on the west coast of America, of course giving us ample chance to visit DL and CA! Now just got Tokyo to do to complete the grand slam of all ten parks... (until Hong Kong is built anyway).

steve_rob said:
and two years later, I proposed to her in the gardens outside the Disneyland Hotel. There is a long and possibly funny story that goes with that which I will tell to anyone who wants to hear it (mainly a guide on what can go wrong with an attempt to propose, probably will! Although it worked out fine in the end as she said YES!)

Well I'm intrigued :teeth: and would love to hear more!

Hello,

I live with my husband Jason and 2 daughters Amber (4) and Emily (2) in Essex - no I don't wear white stillettoes! First went to Disneyland in California about 11 years ago with an ex boyfriend but didn't make a return trip to a Disney Park until I had the children.

Have been to DLRP 3 times - nov 2003, June/July 2004 and Nov 2004 and we have a trip booked for this July. Amber is into all the Princesses and Peter Pan whereas Emily is particularly fond of Mickey and Minnie etc.

As well as Disney my interests are soaps - I'm a soapaholic especially Eastenders. I also like music - The Beautiful South and Morrissey/Smiths are my favourites and we all support Arsenal FC.

I'm a stay at home mum but when I worked it was in an accounts department.

Joanne

I'm Sandra (42) married to Steve (45). We have two sons Conall (5) and Kyle (3). I'm Scottish, Steve's American, Conall was born in Naples Italy and Kyle was born here in Stuttgart Germany. We have quite a collection of pets, 2 cats, 4 hamsters, a guinea pig, a rabbit, a tortoise and some tropical fish.

We're going to Disney Paris on the 26th of this month, our third trip. I can't wait!!! :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce: :love: :banana:

Hi. :wave2:

I'm Jon,Karen's Husband.I'm a big Disney and Star Wars Fan.We went to DLP last year which was great and I'm looking forward to going next year.

I couldn't find a picture of myself at DLP,so here's one from my last trip to WDW.

f55d15c2.jpg

Cor bless you Mary Poppins.

Jon.

Wow, I'm away from the computer for less than 24 hours and look what pops up!! :Pinkbounc So cool!

I'm Jody, I live in Haifa, Israel, and although I'm not the oldest that's posted on this thread... I'm past my 30's let's put it that way! Here's a hint: I have 3 kids - their ages now are 24, 22, and 13! :confused3

My first Disney trip was as an 11 year old child to Disneyland California when my parents took me and my siblings on a cross America trip! I don't really remember a lot about that Disneyland visit, but it was always in the back of my mind that I wanted to get back to Disney...

In the 80's I convinced my (now ex) husband that we had to take our then toddler boys to DisneyWorld. We all loved it, and came back two years in a row. After that, there was a lull in my Disney life... until 1996 when I convinced my sister to take a no-kids vacation with me to Florida! We had a BLAST, and a couple of years after that I started taking my daughter who was then 8, to WDW every year for at least a week. We've had six trips now and never ever tire of it! Thank goodness she fell in love with the parks as well, and is as crazy about everything Disney as I am. I'm so thankful that we have that Disney-nuttiness in common - it's always good for a Mom to have SOMETHING in common with her teenaged daughter, I can tell you that! :rotfl:

Last year when my daughter started 7th grade, I realized I had to stop taking her out of so much school for our Disney trips. Traveling to the States always included visits to relatives, other sights, etc. and a good bit of jet-lag, to say nothing of the expense... so I couldn't justify doing it for just a week... so then I had the brilliant idea - (don't ask me why it took me all those years to figure out the obvious??) We could go to Disneyland Paris!!! It's much closer, only one time zone difference so no jet-lag, and we can hop over for a week - no worries! Well, we did that last winter (2004) and LOVED DLP!!! So we did it again just a couple of months ago. We now have discussions all the time about which we prefer - WDW or DLP (no consensus - we both keep changing our minds - so I guess we simply love them BOTH) :cheer2:

I just have to comment that I've been on the DIS, sometimes actively and sometimes "lurkingly" ever since it's beginnings... and this DLP board has the nicest, most upbeat, fun, kind, enthusastic people of any board I've experienced. I'm glad I started getting interested in DLP if for no other reason than it led me to all of you!! :grouphug:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi, I'm Linda. I live in a suburb of Chicago in the USA. I am planning my first DLP trip for Sept or Oct of this year. To celebrate my 50th birthday this year, my DD and I are going to DL, DLP and WDW this year. My husband stays home to take care of our cat and dog ( he wont fly!). I'm a retail manager so I have never been to any Disney park during the Christmas holiday. It is something I would love to do. My daughter and I travel together and go to WDW and DL quite often. I have been forcing myself to add 1 non-Disney trip a year. :goodvibes I appreciate all the infomation given out on this board. I love taking pictures and I scrapbook. I am also a big Dr. Who fan! :earseek:

sandra-B said:
I'm Sandra (42) married to Steve (45). We have two sons Conall (5) and Kyle (3). I'm Scottish, Steve's American, Conall was born in Naples Italy and Kyle was born here in Stuttgart Germany. We have quite a collection of pets, 2 cats, 4 hamsters, a guinea pig, a rabbit, a tortoise and some tropical fish.

We're going to Disney Paris on the 26th of this month, our third trip. I can't wait!!! :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce: :love: :banana:

Hi,

great to see that there are others living at Germany :flower: Thought I was the only one....feeling lonely :cool1:

Greets Renate

I will give this a shot. Not been on the DLP board too much recently but i am planning for our first trip to the US and Orlando.

My name is Rob i'm 33 and my DW is Sarah 33. We have DD's Bethany 5 and Victoria 3. We live in Coppull Lancashire, this is on the A49 between Wigan and Preston. We both work for the DWP based on the Lytham St Annes site, we have the responsilbility for managing Income Support and Job Seekers Allowance known problems (Errors and Crashes etc) and get involved in changes etc to the said systems.
First pic is myself with Beth and Victoria on Rivington Pike near Chorley which is or was (I'm not too sure) owned by the Lever Family (Lever Brothers).
f545ffc7.jpg

More info for Rivington available Here

Next pic shows Sarah with the girls on the step of her Grandfathers house in Torrevieja Spain. Taken July 2003 on an extremely warm summers evening
f489463f.jpg

We have visited DLP twice, the first time a Bonfire trip through work staying at the Cheyenne. This turned out to be an extremely wet few days but gave us the taste for Disney. The second was March 2004 on a 3 nights for the price of two with kids free deal. We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge in one of the Montana rooms. We traveled from John Lennon airport to CDG and paid for the transport bus to the site- When it decided to turn up!! what a freezing morning. This was a cold wintery affair but was v quiet and the kids had beaming smiles from days 1-4
Last pic is of Beth and Victoria with a very famous Donkey, no not Ruud Van Nistleroy its eeyore
f54aba02.jpg

My signature is the moment the girls arrived at DLp for the first time, their excitement really comes through on this picture.

As i mentioned earlier we have booked after a few recent problems for 20 night on I drive from the 8/10 to 28/10 flying with US Airways. Once i am happy that is organised and complete i hope to show my face and offer my knowledge a little more for DLP travelers.

We had a problem with the shuttle bus as well in March, 2004 - I believe there was a transport union strike on at the time, but waiting in the cold for almost 2 hours :cold: really has put me off flying to CDG again - did Eurostar last time and will definately stick with it for further trips. :flower:

Industrial action in France - Now there's a first !
:rotfl: ;)

Hi my name is Cassandra I am 30 and currently live in Utah, USA. I am an auditor for Intel Corporation.

I am big Disney fanatic and the company's local Disney expert and travel agent. All my co-workes say I should become a travel agent as they all come to me to assist in vacation planning. I am not married but have had the joy of introducing nieces and nephews as well as cousins to the joy of Disney.

I have been to Disneyland more times than I can count as my mother grew up in Southern California. I have been on a Disney cruise and to Walt Disney World twice.

We are going over to England in June for a cruise (late 30th B-day present)and told my friend that we couldn't be that close and not go to DLP. So we will be going for the first time June 1st. I can't wait. Hopefully in 2007 it will be Tokyo.

My favorite pastime is travel. Any and all kinds. Cruises, Disney, etc... Anytime I can go, I go.

Hiya :wave2:

I am Jodie, Female, 26years old. Just got engaged this last Valentines day to my perfect match (I talk, he listens :teeth: )

I have worked in Banking since I quit college when I was 17, Amazingly I have been made redundant twice and there is a lot of job cuts been made my current employer but I am used to it now so what will come will come.

Bought a money pit AKA house with DF last October got keys in December and estate agent kindly informed DF that even though she had been authorised to realise the keys she felt he should know there wasnt actually a front door! Commence DF first heart attack! Luckily when we arrived there WAS a front door but no lock so we kipped in a tent on the living room floor and made a quick trip to Focus in the morning! Not moved in yet as the builders are still attempting to cripple us financially but the big day should be any month/year now.

My likes - DLP, WDW, Harry Potter, Indian food.

Dislikes - Skinny people who can eat 'whatever', Gyms, Bad drivers.

:flower:

Jodie

I Jill and I am kind of new to the Disboards, but love your Paris board alot. We hope to plan our first trip to DLP next year (early June possibly?). I have been married 21 years, have 4 kids, boys 21, 14, 12, princess 6. We live in California, minutes from Disneyland, where I actually have worked for the past 4 years and the Disney Store for 6 years before that. We are a big Disney loving family. We are going on the West Coast DCL cruise this July and love visiting WDW whenever we can get away. I also love scrapbooking and gardening. I'm looking forward to learning alot of information about DLP and the area as we plan.

Hi I'm Janice and I live in a vilage in East Devon as well!! what a co-incidence - seeing other people here who live near to me!
I have a hubby and two sons aged 5 and 2. We first went to DLP in December 2004 paid for by some money which I won. Competitions are my main hobby :) then 10 days after we got back from that trip I was informed that we had won a trip to the Aladdin and Jasmine Ball at the end of January. Sadly, both my children were sick as parrots and we couldn't go and I don't know who cried more - me or the children. Disney came up trumps and offered me 3 nights/4days in the park later in the year if I paid our own transport so we are off again next week and we can't wait :teeth:

IMG_1142.jpg

Hi, I'm Carol (34 - just) and I live in launceston north cornwall with my son Callum Mackenzie who is now 9. I'm a travel agent full time and I love booking Disney although my clients usually go away looking confused with all my details of fastpass, ps and transportation. Growing up my dad and I were disney mad and used to love it when they showed cartoon movies on the telly which is something they just don't do anymore isn't it? since disney got its own cable channel. anyway first took my son to DRP when he was about 3 and loved his enjoyment of it, we only had 2 days there and came home exhausted, since then we.ve been to WDW twice and are booked to go again in NOv so I'm counting the days.
I love Disney and am currently looking into buying DVC as I seem to spend so much on holidays anyway.
Oh, and Scottish Helen and I had atrip together to St Lucia last year, so Hi to Hels

It's lovely to "see" you all!

Papworth - hello from East Devon! We are in Broadclyst. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter