** Getting to know you ** please post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite unusual to "talk" to someone who lives as far north as you do - and who has 5 children!!! How old are they?

Hi Di,

Sorry only just logged on, so this reply will be quite far down!!

My children are Laura 17, Toby 15, Erin 13, Jonny [I do wish he would call himself Jonathan, but respect his wishes]11 and Rex 7. And before anybody makes silly jokes about my boys having dogs names - I always wanted to call one of my boys Rex after a wonderful Uncle [you know the kind, generous, patient kind of uncle - most families seem to boast one]but DH always said no - we had one dog's name in the family already [Toby - which I have never associated with dogs anyway!]. Then when I found out I was expecting number 5 [ first unplanned pregnancy] I had just gone back to work, we had fostered one of the children I worked with and we had bought a new house - so I insisted that if I was going to go through pregnancy number 5 the baby would be called Rex..............thank goodness it was a boy!! ;) However he was 10lb 13oz so I think his name suited him.

Whoops thats probably more info than you wanted - bet you wish you hadn't asked now! :blush:

kaye

bonhoga said:
Hi Di,

Sorry only just logged on, so this reply will be quite far down!!

My children are Laura 17, Toby 15, Erin 13, Jonny [I do wish he would call himself Jonathan, but respect his wishes]11 and Rex 7. And before anybody makes silly jokes about my boys having dogs names - I always wanted to call one of my boys Rex after a wonderful Uncle [you know the kind, generous, patient kind of uncle - most families seem to boast one]but DH always said no - we had one dog's name in the family already [Toby - which I have never associated with dogs anyway!]. Then when I found out I was expecting number 5 [ first unplanned pregnancy] I had just gone back to work, we had fostered one of the children I worked with and we had bought a new house - so I insisted that if I was going to go through pregnancy number 5 the baby would be called Rex..............thank goodness it was a boy!! ;) However he was 10lb 13oz so I think his name suited him.

Whoops thats probably more info than you wanted - bet you wish you hadn't asked now! :blush:

kaye
Oh, thanks Kaye - no, it's not TMI - it's fascinating to know about people's lives especially when they're quite different from my own (neat and tidy 1 boy + 1 girl!!!) It sounds like a big, warm, wonderful family. Bet number 5 brought tears to your eyes though, making his entrance into the world!!! :scared1: Probably not going to be a number 6 then???? ;)

bonhoga said:
thank goodness it was a boy!! ;) However he was 10lb 13oz so I think his name suited him.
kaye

That's what you call a bouncy baby boy ;) Puts in perspective when DD Morgan was born and weighed 4lb 6oz in old money :)

Reid

Hi all! Have been posting for some years now but thought I would post here and just let people know a bit more about me! :wave:

I am Kirsty, 26 (27 on Jan 1st, spending it at DLRP!! :cheer2: ) and live in Taunton in Somerset with my wonderful OH Steve :love2: . I am originally from London (London Bridge) but moved rom the big smoke in spring 2004.

OH and I are off to Malta in 4.5 weeks, where we will hopefully starting to try for our first baby!! :scared1: Fingers crossed all! Also off to DLRP as I say for New Year - special treat from OH, I dont know any details other than when we are going and that we are staying in a lake view Montana room at the S Lodge. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I have been to DLRP 3 times so far - twice with my ex (once when we were together, once not - 1 Sequoia Lodge and 1 Cheyenne ) and once with my OH (S Lodge Montana room Lake View).

Fave Disneyt movies are probably Lady & The Tramp, The Lion King, Cinderella and 101 Dalmations - anything with princesses in them is fab with me!!!

As for everything else, I work as an information officer for a mental health charity, enjoy card making and crafts in my spare time (have a small business selling ready made cards, bespoke cards, candles and smellies kits), trying to lose some weight with Weight Watchers before baby is conceived, good food and good wine amnd paranormal TV programmes liek Most Haunted and Medium.

Anyway I think you must all be bored now so will sign off! :blush:

Have a fab Friday all!!! princess: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :earboy2: :earsgirl:

Welcome Kirsty!!! Have a wonderful holiday in Malta (good luck with your "project"!!! ;) ) and have a wonderful New Year and birthday at DLP!!! Would you like me to add you to the birthday list?

Thanks DI! Yes I would love to be added to the birthday list if I havent added myself - thank you!!!

Soooo looking forward to holidays now - havent had any time off since May (DLRP hehe)!!!

K x

Squidge said:
OH and I are off to Malta in 4.5 weeks, where we will hopefully starting to try for our first baby!! :scared1: Fingers crossed all!

Hi Kirsty, now that's what I call a getting to know you post ;) :goodvibes

Reid

Squidge said:
LOL Reid!!! Well, we are all friends here eh? he he!!

Absolutely Kirsty!! Lovely to find out more about you and everyone else who's added to this thread recently. :goodvibes

Oh my, I've made over 1,000 posts and never even contributed to the "getting to know you" thread :blush: Better late than never? :)

I'm Frances (hence my username) and I live with my 2 DSs, DD and DH in Bath. We have been to Disneyland Paris three times and are *hoping* to go again for the New Year. Our first trip to Disneyland Paris was in 2002 for the Christmas season. It was so magical. I never expected to enjoy it as much as WDW but was pleasantly surprised by its unique and detailed theming and range of attractions. I loved the New Year celebrations as well.

I co-own a day nursery with a friend and enjoy working with the children during the week. DH works as a Business Analyst for HSBC and has to travel frequently around the world. Holidays are extra special time for us to be together as a family, as he is often not home during the week.

I enjoy art, reading, swimming and tennis amongst other things. Most of all, I enjoy holidays (and specifically Disney ones!).

:wizard:

Hello, my name is Diane and I LOVE Tigger! :)
I'm a single mum (divorced) to three children, one of whom posts on here (Hello Rachelpixiedust!).
We've been to Disneyland Paris three times now, 1992 when we stayed at Camp Davy Crockett (they were doing the free shuttle bus to the parks back then). 2003 we stayed at the Santa Fe and this year at the Explorers Hotel. Just love everything about the park, the atmosphere, characters, rides ....
I work at a local pre-school as a deputy supervisor, love the job hate the paperwork!
Just busy now enjoying myself on here! :)

Hi everyone,
My name is Beverley and my husband is Paul. We live in Hartlepool and have two disney mad kids (which is probably my fault). I have also turned my husband into a disney freak. Our kids names are Ben 6 (7 on the fourth of November) and Emily who is 2. We first visited DLP last October and last November. Would love to go to WDW but the budget wont stretch that far yet. I am a stay at home mam at the minute but my husband works full time to feed our disney habit.
I am 28 and my husband is 29.
Our next visit is 21 November for 4 nights at the Newport Bay so we are on our big countdown.
Great reading about everyone :wave2:

Hi Guys!

I'm a little bit behind everyone else I think, because of the large time difference :cool1: .

Well my name is Katey, and I'm a final year university student in Brisbane, Australia. I love all things Disney, especially the Little Mermaid, which I saw when I was seven (after roller skating lessons - very 80s! :blush: ) and Cinderella.
I had the priveledge of working for the Disney Store for three years, while I was in high school, and found I was definitely in my element, surrounded by friendly, co-Disney fans [and the freebies weren't too bad either!] :cheer2:
At the moment there is just me and my lovely boyfriend of three and a half years, Andrew, who, although isn't a huge Disney fan, loves it enough to take me to Disney on Ice every year, and to buy me basically every Disney DVD currently available! :earboy2:
It was an extremely sad event for us when the Disney Store closed down in '03, but the lovely redundancy package offered allowed me to go to Disneyland last year, where we had an absolute blast! I've also been on a day-trip to Tokyo Disneyland, which I also adored [but did encounter slight confusion on the Jungle Cruise - there was no english!] :rotfl2:
I really enjoy reading all the posts on here, I'm finding so much help for my upcoming trip to Europe with Andrew, and so thanks everyone for providing such a great sight! It's great to meet everyone, and although I'm so far away, I feel like we're all friends already :grouphug: :grouphug:
talk soon!
luv Katey.

Hello to all you newbies! It's great to see you all posting :sunny: :cool1:

Great to see new people adding to this thread - good bumping Becky! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter