• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

GF to POR?

MickeyCrazed

DIS Veteran
Could anyone advise which would be quicker...
GF to DTD to POR ~or~
GF to TTC to POR
Friend of ours are having dinner at 1900 Park Faire and I would like to give them the quickest route back to their hotel.
Thanks!

On our last trip down, we were at the Poly, late at night, after dinner. We needed to get back to POR, so asked at the Poly if they could call a cab for us. The man, I'm not sure what his title was, said not to worry. He and a friend then showed up with a Disney courtesy van and took us all back to POR, just for the cost of a tip!!! They also regaled us with many 'inside' wdw stories. I would suggest they try a cab. I suppose that if the monorail is still running, they could get the monorail to TTC and then a bus to POR. That's what we were going to do, but the other family said no, they were too tired to deal with public transportation!!

I don't know that there is bus transportation directly from TTC to PO.

After a taxi, I'd recommend a monorail to MK and then a bus to PO. This, of course, if the MK is still open.

If MK is closed but Epcot is still open, you could take a bus from the GF to Epcot or the monorail to TTC and then switch to Epcot monorail. Finally hop a bus to POR.

Even if MK is closed, the buses operate for another hour, I think. If possible, I think that would be my choice with a taxi the second. I would avoid DTD and I don't think the resort buses go to the TTC any more except for WL & FW buses.

With the exception of WL/FW, there are NO resort busses from the TTC.

Your best bet would be to head over to the MK, and catch the bus from there. If the MK is not open, then Downtown Disney would work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter