• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gideon's Coffee Cake Cookie

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We have decided to fly instead of drive on our trip in two weeks. Because of that, we will be arriving quite a bit earlier on our arrival day. Our flight is supposed to land at 8:34 a.m. We may use either Mears or Sunshine Flyer or we may Uber. We haven't decided. We will be staying at the Poly. If we use the bus service, I'm expecting that we won't get to our resort until around 10:30. After dropping our luggage with bell services, we are thinking of heading to Disney Springs. That will probably put us arriving at DS around 11:30. We had DS planned for later in the trip, but we may just do a resort day instead. It all hinges on IF I can get a Gideon's coffee cake cookie on that first day. Will all of the coffee cake cookies be gone by 11:30? Arrival day is a Wednesday if that makes a difference. Now, if we Uber, we will probably just go to DS first which will increase my chances of getting that special cookie. We are planning on bringing just a backpack with all of our clothes since it's a short trip, so we shouldn't have a problem using Disney transportation to get to the Poly once we are done at DS. We are literally only going to DS to get Gideon's and Everglazed and to grab a quick lunch. Which plan should I go with?

I had no issues getting the coffee cake cookie during the week around the same time. I’ve only had an issue attempting to get it on a weekend later in the day.

I’ve gotten it as late as 1-1:30 on a weekday. 11:30 isn’t a guarantee, but there’s a good shot. It’s just like a really big underdone Snickerdoodle. It’s my fav by far and they freeze well.

We got into Gideons around 12:15 on the Tuesday after Labor Day. I know it was almost exactly that time as we were a bit late for our 12:15 Homecomin' reservation. They still had the coffee cake cookies at that time. I'd say you have a good shot. And my goodness was it good! I'm one of the rare people that while I enjoy Gideon's cookies, I don't think they are worth all the hassle you go through to get them. Except - for the coffee cake one. It's definitely worth it! It's by far my favorite one.

We got into Gideons around 12:15 on the Tuesday after Labor Day. I know it was almost exactly that time as we were a bit late for our 12:15 Homecomin' reservation. They still had the coffee cake cookies at that time. I'd say you have a good shot. And my goodness was it good! I'm one of the rare people that while I enjoy Gideon's cookies, I don't think they are worth all the hassle you go through to get them. Except - for the coffee cake one. It's definitely worth it! It's by far my favorite one.
The coffee cake one is my favorite, too!
I’ve gotten it as late as 1-1:30 on a weekday. 11:30 isn’t a guarantee, but there’s a good shot. It’s just like a really big underdone Snickerdoodle. It’s my fav by far and they freeze well.
Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie. The coffee cake cookie is amazing! Even though it tastes like a snickerdoodle, I still justify eating it for breakfast since it's coffee cake!

I'm planning on buying at least two this trip. One wasn't enough last time.

We got that cookie in the afternoon when I was sure they wouldn’t have it so I think you have a good chance of getting it around that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter