Girls Only Cocktail Sipping, Double Dipping Trip Report - COMPLETED...

What can I say Karen ? "WOW !!" it looks amazing

I'd probably feel embarrassed to bring my old, battered, well travelled suitcases into that fab suite, so I'd probably feel a bit out of my depth with the poshness of it

Though if I won a Cruise staying in there - I wouldn't say no ::yes::

Great photos and a great room too :thumbsup2

Mandy, I never thought about the luggage! We've got hilarious purple flowery stuff that's seen better days BUT is easy to spot on the carousel!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

OMG!! That looks so amazing - I am ashamed to say that I was sat here in the office with my mouth open at that bar, and the whirlpool bath! Thanks for sharing your piccies so quickly, looking forward to reading more.

The bath was fab - I think it was slightly shorter than the usual (like myself!) and I really loved using it...

I like the cruise photo!

Wow thats a pretty impressive suite although a bit too much wood for my taste, I wouldn't say no to staying in it though.

:thumbsup2

Wow Karen, just been catching up. The suite looks fantastic!! Plus, the more I hear about your beloved Rosa Regale, I just know I will be trying it on my next trip :yay: Love love loving your reports by the way, you do make me smile when I'm reading them :goodvibes

Excellent, excellent!!! :goodvibes

Wow Karen what an impressive suite - absolutely beautiful.

Lovely photos.

Tam

Thanks, Tam... :hug:

What a lovely suite :)

It most definitely was a great experience... :cool2:

What a great day Karen. The flowers that Sophie got you are beautiful.

OMG that suite is amazing and so huge!!!!

How sweet of your DD to arrange flowers to be delivered and how weird that they didn't get you any ice :confused:

She's an absolute sweetie - I'm very lucky to have such a darling daughter who's also a fab friend... :cloud9: :love: :hug:

Awesome Kaz!!! I haven't read it all yet - but what i've read so far & the photos were amazing!!!! Girlfriend...we are SOOOOOO missing you on the NYE cruise!!!!
btw - i'll be in Paris for 6 hours on 6/17 (layover enroute to Rome) - are you in Paris then by any chance????

What a wonderful day. I love Palo :lovestruc Your flowers are beautiful, so thoughtful of Sophie.

Laur's princess:

Awesome Kaz!!! I haven't read it all yet - but what i've read so far & the photos were amazing!!!! Girlfriend...we are SOOOOOO missing you on the NYE cruise!!!!
btw - i'll be in Paris for 6 hours on 6/17 (layover enroute to Rome) - are you in Paris then by any chance????

Aww Brenda! I miss you all too!!! And I'm still so sad not be sailing on the NYE cruise... :sad:

And I can't make the Paris date either - cue more tears!!! :sad: Samuel is performing in an end of term concert that day and I'm under strict instructions to attend as I'm the appalling parent who failed to put in an appearance at his recent parent/teacher conference thingy... :confused3

Style all the way:thumbsup2
Richard looked very at home in the suite, all that was missing in his photos is a large habano.....:smokin:

Well, having finally admitted to myself that I could avoid the inevitable no longer, I deigned to open up the dreaded post :rotfl: . Of course, I've seen photos of both the Walter E and the Roy O before, but it's somehow more real when they've been taken by someone you "know". I have to say that I prefer the darker wood of the Roy O (is it walnut?) - classier and more sophisticated, I say. Whatever it is, I love it. I can see why it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I'm an Art Deco fan too and I think it's glorious. The only thing I might have been a tad disappointed with is the balcony. I imagine it's fairly long, but from the photo, it seems a bit on the narrow side.

Matt's first port of call when checking in to any room, land or sea, is to scope out an ice source! Can't be doing with warm champagne/wine/beer/cocktails (insert your own alcoholic beverage of choice). :rotfl:

Wow Karen. Just got all caught up on your trippy and I have to say that I'm green with envy. I love, love, love the suite. The walnut finish looks so classy. Roy O Disney suite aside, your pictures of the sail-away and your descriptions of the ship have made me long to be back there. No chance of the Roy O for us but I am hoping to persuade DH to agree to another 3 night next October :goodvibes

Karen honey, I have neglected you, but I have just read from start to finish and wow, wow, and wow, you write brilliantly, what a wonderful suprise for Sophie when Richard arrived, the suite is beautiful, the flowers must have been a lovely suprise for you, what no ice ???? brilliant report, I am loving it x

Monday May 12th:
Flakes alive! My skin was in head to toe melt-down when I awoke on the first Castaway Cay morning and I knew I had to spend the day giving it some love. Yawn! So I gathered the gang together in the dining area for a bit of Beach Blanket Buffet brekkie (Richard had been on a restaurant raid) and discussed our options over a Bucks Fizz. The afternoon parasailing excursion had already been cancelled due to the weather being way too windy and, as we were inside the 24 hour cancellation period, I also decided to forgo our Couples Choice Spa Villa appointment of the following day. DH called the Spa and changed the booking to a solo Stones Massage treat for himself - suits you, sir! Apart from seeing the new Toy Story show later in the day, I now had no pressing engagements, so opted to stay in the suite covered in cream and protective clothing whilst Sophie and Richard headed off for a spot of sun, sea and Serenity Bay...

I spent most of the morning/early afternoon on the veranda, reading the current Lee Child page turner. Budi popped in and tidied the suite but apart from that, I enjoyed my own company... I was just starting to feel a little peckish when the beach bums returned bearing gifts - a Sting Ray (don't worry, it was the Drink of the Day!) for yours truly! Thank you, my people... Richard was now taking my lunch order (I love his hunter/gatherer persona) so I chose the healthy roast turkey and vegetables option from the buffet - I can't recall what the others had but I'm sure fries, pizza and mainlining carbs were involved... :laughing:

After eating, we felt it was time to get competitive and bring out the board games! This was the start of the great 2008 Scattergories Skirmish!! We played several rounds whilst watching a decidedly dodgy film on TV called "Mad Money" in which three female employees of the Federal Reserve (Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah and Katie Holmes) steal dollars that are about to be destroyed... Mmmm, anyway, let it be known that I am the sovereign of Scattergories!!! Yeah, I whipped them in the world of word games - but, like I've said before, I'm not one to crow... ;)

Our dining rotation was PTTA but we decided to give Tritons a miss tonight and take advantage of room service for the evening. We had to order before a certain time and we made our choices before popping out to see the early Toy Story show. I looked a leetle bizarre, clutching a Bahama Mama in my coverall clothing but I figured once the lights were down, who'd see me?! I'd been really looking forward to this show - Toy Story 1 & 2 are a couple of my fave Pixar movies and I thought the oversized "toys'" concept would really work on stage. By and large, it did - BUT TBH I didn't enjoy this re-hashing of the first movie! The toys were OK (tho' it bothered the uptight Kaz that Woody wasn't significantly taller than Buzz) but the two actresses playing the Andy and Sid didn't work for me at all - I positively cringed at Sid's song!! It's such a shame as Hercules the Muse-ical was a great production... Ah well, back to the sweet suite for dinner and another "How I met Your Mother" marathon...

Before we re-enter Roy, dear reader, I'm going to take this opportunity to show you my door magnets. I don't think I've shared Kreative Kaz with you before so prepare to be amazed at what a middle aged woman with too much time on her hands can do with Waltograph font and Photoshop!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Welcome.jpg

CastawayCayMay.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

Repeat after me: "Oooh!" "Aaah!"

Here's the overall effect...

IMGP0131.jpg

OK you can go in now - no shoving... ;)

Dinner arrived shortly after we returned to the suite and here is what we ate...

Sophie's Choices: Smoked Duck Breast with Cabbage & Prune Pie; Mixed Garden Salad; Roasted Beef Tenderloin Provence, Burgundy Wine Sauce; Baked Apple & Almond Cream Tart...

Kaz's Choices: Escargot; Normandy Salad; Halibut Parisienne, served with Sauce Homardine; Cherries Jubilee...

Dick's Choices: Shrimp Medley; Tomato & Basil Soup; Duck Fricasee Bordelaise; Chocolate Cheesecake...

All washed down with a very enjoyable bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon from the Napa Valley...

We relaxed for a couple more hours, watching DVDs, reading and chatting before deciding to go to bed at about 11pm - party animals, or what!?!! I checked my skin and it seemed a little calmer so I crossed all my fingers and hoped tomorrow would be a more "normal" day... Goodnight! Cocktail Count = 9...

what no ice ????
I know Jules - unreal isn't it, surely ice (along with bacon) should always be on hand:thumbsup2

Karen fantastic report so far, albeit I am little concerned at your cocktail count. Need to work on it as it is waaayyy to low - unless it is just a count for the mornings;)

:hug: Oh Karen, what a shame that your skin flared up again. I hope you're not allergic to cocktails or champagne :faint: :rotfl:

I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with the Toy Story show, I love the films, but I really not too sure about this :confused:

Love your door signs, did you make them yourself ? I've got some designed by Kristine on the DCL forums and a few some of the girls I'm sailing with have sorted out for me

I hope you're OK tomorrow :)

Karen- I love your trip report, you write so well!!!

Thanks Nikki, that's very kind of you! :hug:I'm just glad you're enjoying it...

Style all the way:thumbsup2
Richard looked very at home in the suite, all that was missing in his photos is a large habano.....:smokin:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: He just looks good in any form of reclining pose, Joanne! Seems he can relax anywhere... :rolleyes1 I need to test out that cigar theory tho' - maybe that's why a trip to Cuba seemed like a good idea for November 2009... ;)

Well, having finally admitted to myself that I could avoid the inevitable no longer, I deigned to open up the dreaded post :rotfl: . Of course, I've seen photos of both the Walter E and the Roy O before, but it's somehow more real when they've been taken by someone you "know". I have to say that I prefer the darker wood of the Roy O (is it walnut?) - classier and more sophisticated, I say. Whatever it is, I love it. I can see why it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I'm an Art Deco fan too and I think it's glorious...
I agree - I think it's walnut in the Roy and maple in the Walt. I got into a bit of state (maths never was my strong point) imagining how much it must've cost!!! :scared1: It was very high quality, most of it quite a thick veneer and hard wood like that just isn't cheap... Come to think of it, the amount of marble/granite in the suite was pretty substantial too!

...The only thing I might have been a tad disappointed with is the balcony. I imagine it's fairly long, but from the photo, it seems a bit on the narrow side...

At the end of the trip report, I plan to discuss the highs and lows - the balcony was undoubtedly a disappointment but I'll save my conclusions until the end...

...Matt's first port of call when checking in to any room, land or sea, is to scope out an ice source! Can't be doing with warm champagne/wine/beer/cocktails (insert your own alcoholic beverage of choice). :rotfl:
Good man! It's like I always say, everyone needs a Matt... :goodvibes

Wow Karen. Just got all caught up on your trippy and I have to say that I'm green with envy. I love, love, love the suite. The walnut finish looks so classy. Roy O Disney suite aside, your pictures of the sail-away and your descriptions of the ship have made me long to be back there. No chance of the Roy O for us but I am hoping to persuade DH to agree to another 3 night next October :goodvibes

Sorry to make you green , Joh! Fingers crossed your DH says "yes!" :)

Karen honey, I have neglected you,

Yes, well, I've been choking back the tears... :sad:

...but I have just read from start to finish and wow, wow, and wow, you write brilliantly, what a wonderful suprise for Sophie when Richard arrived, the suite is beautiful, the flowers must have been a lovely suprise for you, what no ice ???? brilliant report, I am loving it x

Thanks, Jules! And I'm enjoying writing it - tho' my life's at a standstill, the house looks filthy, the dogs haven't been fed in 3 days and there's just 3 rashers of bacon plus half a tomato in the fridge!!! Ah well, at least there's ice... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Im hoping you do as well :lmao:

At the end of the trip report, I plan to discuss the highs and lows - the balcony was undoubtedly a disappointment but I'll save my conclusions until the end...

Please don't talk about the end :worried: i am enjoying your trippie too much for it to finish !

I know Jules - unreal isn't it, surely ice (along with bacon) should always be on hand:thumbsup2

Karen fantastic report so far, albeit I am little concerned at your cocktail count. Need to work on it as it is waaayyy to low - unless it is just a count for the mornings;)

I know, Matt! Seems I just talk a good game - I really thought I drank more than that... :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter