Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

We are going to be in Epcot on Friday and DHS on Sunday, as well!

That's great. I have an Oga's reservation on Sunday afternoon. I made it for 6 so I have some room.

We'll have to try to connect on Friday and Sunday.

I'm trying to work around a dessert party but unfortunately they haven't released dates past the 20th yet.

That sounds fun. I'm toying with the idea of doing the MK afterhours on the 22nd.

Yay for a Flower and Garden trip AND time with your sweet girl!

I'm really excited to see her and Flower and Garden.

How many hours is the drive from Disney to Louisiana?

It's about 10 1/2 without stops so we try to limit our stops to quick ones.

Love this tradition! We only do Shrove Tuesday here but this is so much more fun!

This is a lot more more but Shrove Tuesday sounds like it gives Lent more meaning.

I need to know more about drive through daiquiris!

Liquor flows very freely here. Drive Thru Daiquiri shops are just bars that sell lots of different flavored daiquiris in LARGE go cups. This is what a true drive thru might look like.

1709044498369.png

1709044577231.png
I have not been to New Orleans yet......one day!

You need to go but not when it's super hot.

You will have a great time together. :)

I think we will.

I love all the family pictures and enjoying the Mardi Gras festivities 🥳

Thank you!
How fun to have the family together for a week!

It was fun and very busy. We were just missing Brent and Hannah.

I have been to New Orleans once in Mayand we loved it! We did have beignets from Cafe Dumond sp? We loved walking everywhere and the food, yum!

I'm so glad you enjoyed you visit. We really do have the best food here.

Liquor flows very freely here. Drive Thru Daiquiri shops are just bars that sell lots of different flavored daiquiris in LARGE go cups. This is what a true drive thru might look like.
This seems so crazy to me. We defiantly don't have these around here. I am sure if you got pulled over (up here) they would consider it an open container and you could, at a minimum, get a ticket.

I have an Oga's reservation on Sunday afternoon. I made it for 6 so I have some room.

I forgot I booked an early dinner in Epcot on Sunday in case Alex wants to watch Luminious. But we'll definitely be in Epcot on Friday!

That sounds fun. I'm toying with the idea of doing the MK afterhours on the 22nd.

That's the night we're trying to do the dessert party, so we might both end up in the same park that night, too.
I wish I could justify the After Hours party, but we have to be at the airport by 5:30 the following morning for our flight home.

This seems so crazy to me. We defiantly don't have these around here. I am sure if you got pulled over (up here) they would consider it an open container and you could, at a minimum, get a ticket.

Louisiana is also good at getting around liquor laws. It's legal to have the alcoholic beverage in the car as longs as it's "sealed". The lid must be on and the straw can't be in the cup. You must wait to drink after you're out of the car.

I forgot I booked an early dinner in Epcot on Sunday in case Alex wants to watch Luminious. But we'll definitely be in Epcot on Friday!

I understand. We still may see you in the park during the day. I know Alex will want to be in GE.

That's the night we're trying to do the dessert party, so we might both end up in the same park that night, too.
I wish I could justify the After Hours party, but we have to be at the airport by 5:30 the following morning for our flight home.

I pitched the idea to Danielle and she shot me down. I also made an ADR for Beaches and Cream on Monday. I'm bound and determined to get the NO WAY JOSE finally. She loves Beaches and Cream and would prefer that to riding rides in MK. I still may head that way after our dinner. I can never get enough MK time. We don't fly out until around 5 on Tuesday so we have a breakfast at Kona's on Tuesday morning. I have hopes of hoping into MK after breakfast if there's time.

Christmas 2021-Visitng our CP

My next Disney trip after our Girls trip was with Dennis to spend some time with Danielle before Christmas. She was still doing her College Program and could not come home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This is the time of year when lots of CPs self-term due to missing home and the crowds. It's also very close to when their programs end in January and they are ready to go.

We had originally planned to come for Thanksgiving week and be there for my birthday but the Cast Block-out calendar that was released in October showed they were blocked out the entire week. Dennis was relying on Danielle's passes to get him into the parks and it also didn't look good for her to have any time off that week. We cancelled the original booking we had for Music with no discount and Danielle was able to use her CM discount to book the week after Thanksgiving saving us a little over $400. This was the first time she tried to use the discount and is now a pro at navigating the system.

Our trip was from Saturday, November 27th - Friday, December 3, 2021. We drove from Baton Rouge so we could bring Danielle her Christmas presents and planned on 4 park days with one day we didn't go in the parks ( Dennis didn't go into the parks but I did). Danielle ended up with some full days off and some days she had to work the afternoon or night, but they did try to work with her to give her some time with us.

We left Baton Rouge right before 5 am and arrived in the bubble a little after 4 pm. The drive was about 10 hours with stops, we lost an hour due to time zone change.
1710206140689.png
We had received the text that the room was ready about 3:15. We were in the Calypso Building 1, 2nd floor in room 1540. I sent Danielle a screen print of the text so she would have the room info. The Music rooms had been recently updated like the Pop rooms. I was really happy to have an updated room. Our last stay here was in 2017 in a family suite. Dennis and I unpacked and settled in. Danielle was still working but planning to come meet us as soon as she got off and picked up her bags. Dennis and I did what he always loves to do on arrival day, we went to Disney Springs. It was really crowded since this was the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We walked around and enjoyed the holiday sights and sounds. There was music everywhere. The Pentatonix sound track was playing in the background and there were bands and groups all over performing Christmas music.

I was finally about to persuade Dennis to try something new. There were crowds everywhere he looked to eat so I suggested trying Jock Lindsey's. We got on the waiting list and sat down to enjoy the music being performed on the stage right next door. It wasn't too long before we had a table outside on the deck. It was a cool night but with all the bodies around it wasn't too bad. We ordered some drinks and apps and waited for Danielle to come meet us. She showed up not too long after the food came. I had a mixed drink but I don't remember what it was. I asked for something fruity. Can anyone ID this? It was good.
1710207241218.png

Dennis had a Diet Coke and Danielle had a water. We shared the Chicken BBQ wings,
1710207392822.png
Some Sliders with bacon jam. YUM!
1710207460729.png
A Margherita Flatbread and a Steak Flatbread(I don't see this one on the current menu).
1710207555005.png

And Chicken Tacos

1710207705454.png

Everything was really good. We enjoyed the music coming from the stage and the atmosphere. We caught up with Danielle and checked in on the LSU vs A&M game. LSU was expected to lose really bad but actually surprised us all and won. Danielle asked about using her CM discount but this was the last day of no discounts due to the Thanksgiving holiday. No biggie, we really enjoyed our meal and this has now become one of Dennis' favorites. He would go back every trip if he could.

The Christmas decoration were so fun too.
1710208050161.png

1710208088376.png

We walked around DS for a bit. We stopped in the Days of Christmas store looking for a 1st Christmas ornament for Dominic. He was due in the next few weeks. I was really disappointed that there were no glass ball ornaments. I usually try to get these and just have Baby's 1st Christmas put on it. We didn't see the glass balls anywhere the entire trip. I think it was a supply issue. We ended up settling on this Dumbo ornament.

1710208274689.png
1710208293324.png

We picked up some Christmas sweets at Amorettes Patisserie, a brownie and Holiday Parfait.

1710208835443.png

1710208858933.png

I came really close to getting this Mickey Mousse.
1710209660691.png

Danielle got a Christmas Mickey Rice Krispy Treat from Goofy's.
1710208923845.png

As you will see this was still during the time when masks were required indoors.

We got to experience our first Snope of the trip.
1710208968421.png
Dennis and I had taken the bus to DS and Danielle had driven. She drove us back to Music but of course she needed gas so we stopped at the station near Epcot and enjoyed Harmonius while Dennis pumped and paid to fill her tank, cause that's what Dad's do.
Once we got back to the room we let Danielle open 2 of her gifts. This has become a tradition. She opens a few and saves the rest for Christmas Day.,
1710209184473.png
1710209210149.png
1710209229507.png
This was just a little over 2 years ago and she looks so young.
So far our Christmas visit was starting off really well. The next day would be our first park day and we were starting with the Magic Kingdom. The 50th celebration was in full swing. I was looking forward to seeing the statues and all the celebration touches through out the park.

This is the time of year when lots of CPs self-term due to missing home and the crowds. It's also very close to when their programs end in January and they are ready to go.
Never thought of that, but can totally see it.
Danielle was able to use her CM discount to book the week after Thanksgiving saving us a little over $400.
Nice score!
Our trip was from Saturday, November 27th - Friday, December 3, 2021.
That's so weird. It's like a... date illusion. I first read that and thought "Short trip. 4 days." Then did the actual math. A week!
We drove from Baton Rouge so we could bring Danielle her Christmas presents
:goodvibes
We left Baton Rouge right before 5 am and arrived in the bubble a little after 4 pm.
Heh. If I drove non-stop, without any breaks, (yeah, right... the border never takes long. :rolleyes: ) for 10 hours... I'd be halfway through Wisconsin.
More realistically, after 10 hours, I'd probably still be in Minnesota, assuming I stopped occasionally for food and gas.
Dennis and I did what he always loves to do on arrival day, we went to Disney Springs.
::yes::
I do that too. I typically don't bother getting a park pass since it's not economical to get one for just a couple hours since I'd arrive late in the day.
There was music everywhere. The Pentatonix sound track was playing in the background and there were bands and groups all over performing Christmas music.
Sounds very festive. :)
I had a mixed drink but I don't remember what it was. I asked for something fruity. Can anyone ID this? It was good.
Sure, no problem. It's a red drink.

You're welcome.
We shared the Chicken BBQ wings,
Those look really good.
Some Sliders with bacon jam. YUM!
Whoa... want that.
A Margherita Flatbread and a Steak Flatbread
Okay! Okay! You've convinced me! Gotta go there and eat all the things.
And Chicken Tacos
More food?
It's becoming clear that you did not stop for food on your drive!
We stopped in the Days of Christmas store looking for a 1st Christmas ornament for Dominic. He was due in the next few weeks. I was really disappointed that there were no glass ball ornaments.
Unfortunate. :(
It does look pretty, but... I can't help but think it looks better than it tastes.
Danielle got a Christmas Mickey Rice Krispy Treat from Goofy's.
Danielle is smart.
We got to experience our first Snope of the trip.
Did not know they did that at DTD.
Once we got back to the room we let Danielle open 2 of her gifts. This has become a tradition. She opens a few and saves the rest for Christmas Day.,
Cute tradition. Does the 2 gift opening usually happen on Thanksgiving?

this has now become one of Dennis' favorites. He would go back every trip if he could.
Yeah for new favorites!!!

We ended up settling on this Dumbo ornament.
Adorable! I love it.

One day, I want to try one of those cakes.

She drove us back to Music but of course she needed gas so we stopped at the station near Epcot and enjoyed Harmonius
I remember when you posted that! The most magical gas station!

while Dennis pumped and paid to fill her tank, cause that's what Dad's do.
A true dad!

This has become a tradition. She opens a few and saves the rest for Christmas Day.,
1710209184473.png
Yeah for new traditions!!! I am sure it is hard for her to be farther away, but new traditions are always nice!

We really enjoy Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar! I love the Cool Headed Monkey and the appetizers are always really good!
I look at pictures of Andi from just a couple years ago and she looks very young! She still looks like a little girl to me, lol 😆
We were there that December as well! We met up with Karamie and Lesley and had a wonderful time!

Never thought of that, but can totally see it.

When you hear of understaffing at the holidays, it usually due to this.

Heh. If I drove non-stop, without any breaks, (yeah, right... the border never takes long. :rolleyes: ) for 10 hours... I'd be halfway through Wisconsin.
More realistically, after 10 hours, I'd probably still be in Minnesota, assuming I stopped occasionally for food and gas.

I feel very fortunate that our drive is NOT that far.

::yes::
I do that too. I typically don't bother getting a park pass since it's not economical to get one for just a couple hours since I'd arrive late in the day.

Dennis feels the same way.

Sounds very festive. :)

It really is!

Sure, no problem. It's a red drink.

You're welcome.

:rolleyes:

Okay! Okay! You've convinced me! Gotta go there and eat all the things.

Yes! We've liked everything we have tried so far.

More food?
It's becoming clear that you did not stop for food on your drive!

We stopped for a breakfast snack at Buc-ee's in Alabama and then just snacked the rest of the drive.

Did not know they did that at DTD.

It's a great way to start off the holidays.

Cute tradition. Does the 2 gift opening usually happen on Thanksgiving?

We don't usually open gifts before Christmas Eve. When we go down to Orlando around Christmas we like to see her open a few gifts with us present, but she also needs something to open on Christmas so we have her wait to open the rest.

Yeah for new favorites!!!

And trying something new.

One day, I want to try one of those cakes.

Me too!

I remember when you posted that! The most magical gas station!

It really is when you hit it at the right time. Who wouldn't enjoy pumping gas with fireworks and Disney music?

A true dad!

And a sucker.

Yeah for new traditions!!! I am sure it is hard for her to be farther away, but new traditions are always nice!

It's hard on all of us for her to be so far away.

We really enjoy Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar! I love the Cool Headed Monkey and the appetizers are always really good!

We've enjoyed everything we have tried here so far.

I look at pictures of Andi from just a couple years ago and she looks very young! She still looks like a little girl to me, lol 😆

They will always be our little girls.

We were there that December as well! We met up with Karamie and Lesley and had a wonderful time!

I'm so sorry I missed out.

I feel very fortunate that our drive is NOT that far.
What a coincidence! I feel very envious! :laughing:
Dennis feels the same way.
If you have an AP though that’s a different story.
We stopped for a breakfast snack at Buc-ee's in Alabama and then just snacked the rest of the drive.
Snacking is the way to go.
What’s Buc-ee’s?
We don't usually open gifts before Christmas Eve. When we go down to Orlando around Christmas we like to see her open a few gifts with us present, but she also needs something to open on Christmas so we have her wait to open the rest.
Ah!

If you have an AP though that’s a different story.

I have an AP so my draw is always the parks.

What’s Buc-ee’s?

It's a HUGE gas/convivence stop. I think they started in TEXAS but have spread. Cleanest bathrooms to be found and so many options for food, snacks and stuff you don't need. You can get lost in there. My only complaint is there is no where to sit and eat what you buy. I guess they want you out after you've spent your money.

Buc-ee's

I have an AP so my draw is always the parks.
As it should be... and would be for me as well if I had an AP.
It's a HUGE gas/convivence stop. I think they started in TEXAS but have spread. Cleanest bathrooms to be found and so many options for food, snacks and stuff you don't need. You can get lost in there.
Clean bathrooms is a major plus. ::yes::
Took a look at that link you posted. Big! World record for largest convenience store.
Also... yes, they started in Texas. Lake Jackson, (south of Houston) and while they do have 4 in AL, 2 in FL, GA, TN and one each in KY, MO and SC, the vast majority are located in Texas (37 stores.)
My only complaint is there is no where to sit and eat what you buy. I guess they want you out after you've spent your money.
Nah. Just hop up and perch yourself on the counter by the checkout. They won't mind. :rolleyes:

Also... yes, they started in Texas. Lake Jackson, (south of Houston) and while they do have 4 in AL, 2 in FL, GA, TN and one each in KY, MO and SC, the vast majority are located in Texas (37 stores.)

We drove to Austin, TX this weekend to visit our son. We passed 3 on the way there. We stopped at the one in Baytown, outside of Houston on the drive there. It's really big. We stopped at one in Waller, Tx on the way home. It was big, but not as big as Baytown. We make a point of stopping at one in Alabama when we go that way. The gas is prices well too.

Rumors are we may get one in Louisiana and one is being built in Mississippi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter