Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Good luck to Danielle on scoring a CM preview! Iā€™ll be crossing all my fingers for you. :goodvibes

Iā€™m actually glad our trip will take place before the ride and previews begin - I feel like everyone is SO excited that the attraction (and therefore, MK) will be NUTS. I also donā€™t want to explain to a five-year-old why Tianaā€™s appears open but we canā€™t try it. However, Iā€™m super excited to try it next time!

Have any of you guys heard of ā€œPopeyeā€™s Chickenā€ foot outlet?
Apparently one is opening in Belfast soon and Iā€™m just curious if itā€™s really an American thing or theyā€™re just promoting it that way?

I guess technically I went East from Houston to Lake Charles, but then went straight north from there.

That makes better sense.

I have lots of family in Lake Charles. They just had a tornado hit on Monday night. Everyone I know is ok. They also had one in Sulphur.

Poor town, they are still recovering from Hurricane Laura.

I didnā€™t realize Tianaā€™s was that close to being ready!

And getting closer every day. It really looks great so far.

I was already trying to figure out a short trip to ride, lol šŸ˜† but like you, who am I kidding flights are expensive and it would cost me $$$ to maybe ride it!

I haven't looked at the comments for AP previews yet, but I'm sure there are lots of frustrated AP people with only the "possibility to ride". CM preview has a much better shot.

We will definitely ride in early September

It's it great to have a new ride to look forward too?

Crossing my fingers, toes , everything but eyes šŸ˜‚. I canā€™t cross my eyes never could, no matter how hard I tried as a teenager :rotfl: :goodvibes

We'll take all the crossing you can do! And some Irish Luck!

Have any of you guys heard of ā€œPopeyeā€™s Chickenā€ foot outlet?
Apparently one is opening in Belfast soon and Iā€™m just curious if itā€™s really an American thing or theyā€™re just promoting it that way?

Popeye's Chicken started out as a New Orleans business, so yes it's American and from Louisiana. The original owner was Al Copeland. He lost the business in bankruptcy but kept the rights to the spices used on the chicken so he could continue to make money. He had his hands in other restaurants here but never had the same success he had with Popeyes. Dennis actually worked for him for a bit and we were invited to 2 of his famous Christmas parties but didn't go. :sad2: Al Copeland

I know they do food chains different in different areas but down here they have the original spicy and mild. I LOVE the spicy. I like the Cajun Rice too. Dennis likes the Red Beans and Rice and mashed potatoes and gravy. If you give it a try let me know.

Good luck to Danielle on scoring a CM preview! Iā€™ll be crossing all my fingers for you.

Thank you! We'll take all the luck we can get.

Iā€™m actually glad our trip will take place before the ride and previews begin - I feel like everyone is SO excited that the attraction (and therefore, MK) will be NUTS. I also donā€™t want to explain to a five-year-old why Tianaā€™s appears open but we canā€™t try it. However, Iā€™m super excited to try it next time!

I'm hoping it keeps the crowds down for your trip too. It would be really hard to explain why M couldn't ride such a huge ride that is so pretty too.

down here they have the original spicy and mild. I LOVE the spicy. I like the Cajun Rice too. Dennis likes the Red Beans and Rice and mashed potatoes and gravy. If you give it a try let me know.
Ooh itā€™s sounds nice. I like spicy food so hopefully we get that. They are currently building the location ( well not them but the owner of a local shopping centre called Forestside) so as soon as the unit is open Iā€™ll give it a go and let you know.
When will you hear about Tianaā€™s preview? Sending the luck of the Irish your wayā˜˜ļøā˜˜ļøā˜˜ļø

They just had a tornado hit on Monday night. Everyone I know is ok. They also had one in Sulphur.

Poor town, they are still recovering from Hurricane Laura.
Thatā€™s tough. First a hurricane and then a tornadoā€¦ soā€¦. Thatā€™s two horsemen?

I haven't looked at the comments for AP previews yet, but I'm sure there are lots of frustrated AP people with only the "possibility to ride". CM preview has a much better shot.
I heard the preview days are already booked at MK for park reservations. I guess you can park hop at 2pm but if it is for AP holders you think there would be more availability.

Ooh itā€™s sounds nice. I like spicy food so hopefully we get that. They are currently building the location ( well not them but the owner of a local shopping centre called Forestside) so as soon as the unit is open Iā€™ll give it a go and let you know.

Please report back!

When will you hear about Tianaā€™s preview? Sending the luck of the Irish your wayā˜˜ļøā˜˜ļøā˜˜ļø
Danielle's sign-up opportunity is the 20th, so Monday.

I heard the preview days are already booked at MK for park reservations. I guess you can park hop at 2pm but if it is for AP holders you think there would be more availability.
They can hop after they have scanned into the park, they have a reservation for but have to wait until the 1 pm virtual queue release to try for Tianna's. Very slim chances.

Tuesday, November 30, 2021- Monorail Resorts-Christmas Sparkle
When I left the Magic Kingdom I boarded the resort Monorail to view the Christmas decorations. The first stop was the Contemporary, but I did not get off at this stop. Christmas decorations were back at most resorts but not here. Well, I take that back, I'm sure there were some decorations but not like before and not the gingerbread display they had done in the past.

I stayed on the Monorail until it stopped at the Poly. They certainly had more decorations than the Contemporary but still not what they had prior to Covid. I do enjoy the decorations here. There is a definite tropical vibe and not the normal holiday colors. I love the addition of pinks and light greens with yellows and oranges. I seem to remember there being CM decorated gingerbread houses back in 2019.

Most of my photos are the trees, garland and decorated tikis.
1715911332804.png
1715911377603.png
1715911410434.png
1715911438464.png
1715911484424.png
1715911514115.png
I saved the best decorations for last. The Grand Floridian has the most elaborate decorations of any resort with the Gingerbread House being the show stealer.

When you enter the resort from the monorail your see trees framing the scene as you look down into the lobby. The Victorian theme is beautiful and elegant. This years Gingerbread House paid tribute to the 50th anniversary. I could just spend hours just looking at all the details on the House. The main tree is huge and of course beautiful. The crowds weren't too bad at this time of the day.

1715911902502.png
1715911953142.png
1715911981411.png
1715912026818.png

Continued in next post.

1715912321693.png

1715912357063.png

1715912386401.png

1715912427791.png
1715912463558.png

1715912491874.png

1715912516413.png

It was getting late and knew I had left Dennis on his own for long enough. I rode the monorail to MK then caught a bus back to Music.
Dennis had had plenty of time for a good long nap and was pretty hungry. We decided to head to Springs for some counter service food. I wanted to try something new and convinced him to give the Polite Pig a try. The line was out the door but it was moving and it really smelt good so we joined the line. We're from the South so we like BBQ.
I had the Southern Pig-Pulled Pork, fennel-apple slaw, tangy mustard BBQ and Duke's May served with a Pickle Spear. I originally though I would try the BBQ Cauliflower but got the Crispy Brussel Sprouts instead.
1715912932695.png
Dennis got the Smoked Turkey BLT-Sweet BBQ Bacon-onion Jam, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and Duke's Mayo served with a pickle spear. He passed on the tomato. He also had the Polite Rub Chicken Wings with Pickled Carrots.
1715913205594.png

I enjoyed my pulled pork but wished that I had stuck with my original plan to get the Cauliflower. The Brussel sprouts were over cooked and tasted burnt. Dennis enjoyed everything he had. He did not eat the pickled carrots. We used my 10% AP discount on this meal. I want to go back here again someday and try some of the other sides.

Once we were done eating I wanted to see some of the Christmas Trees. The trees are beautiful at night but hard to photograph. We didn't stay out too long. We had to get our sleep to be up early for our Animal Kingdom Day. Danielle had to work again so she would only be with us for the first part of the day and we wanted to make the most of our time with her.

Oh my goodness Vanessa the Christmas decor at the Poly is gorgeous but the GF simply blew my away! The tree and wreathes are so elegant and the gingerbread house is simply spectacular!
I loved zooming in on your photos for some close ups of all the many details. It is truly fabulous!
Sounds like DS trees were pretty too and Iā€™m sure heading there with Denis was a lovely way to finish the day. I thought your food looked decent though the sprouts did look a bit burnt rather than just crispy. Iā€™m sure you were both excited for more Danielle time in the morning :goodvibes

Nothing beats the Christmas decorations at the GF. They are so classic and elegant! I'm glad you were able to stop at the resorts and see them all.

I didn't know about the AP discount at Polite Pig. I have to remember that.

The Christmas decorations at the resorts, particularly that amazing gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian, are so well done. Thank you for all the lovely pictures!

I donā€™t spend much time at Disney Springs but Iā€™ve heard wonderful things about Polite Pig. Thatā€™s too bad about your Brussel sprouts but Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the rest of your food.

Oh my goodness Vanessa the Christmas decor at the Poly is gorgeous but the GF simply blew my away! The tree and wreathes are so elegant and the gingerbread house is simply spectacular!
I loved zooming in on your photos for some close ups of all the many details. It is truly fabulous!

I love looking at the details too. The tress are my favorite.

Sounds like DS trees were pretty too and Iā€™m sure heading there with Denis was a lovely way to finish the day. I thought your food looked decent though the sprouts did look a bit burnt rather than just crispy. Iā€™m sure you were both excited for more Danielle time in the morning

I was disappointed in my Sprouts but would give the Pig another shot, every thing else was good.

Nothing beats the Christmas decorations at the GF. They are so classic and elegant! I'm glad you were able to stop at the resorts and see them all.

I was really happy to get a chance to see so many resort decorations. I have not been able to repeat my success since then.

I didn't know about the AP discount at Polite Pig. I have to remember that.

Most places in DS gave the discount, just ask. I admit to embarrassing my family for asking but I would do it again.

The Christmas decorations at the resorts, particularly that amazing gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian, are so well done. Thank you for all the lovely pictures!

I'm so happy you enjoyed them. I sure enjoyed seeing them.

I donā€™t spend much time at Disney Springs but Iā€™ve heard wonderful things about Polite Pig. Thatā€™s too bad about your Brussel sprouts but Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the rest of your food.

I hope you can make some time for DS in the future. I had Polite Pig in my list to try thanks to @StarWarsMomofGirls! . Her reviews and pictures inspired me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter