Give Kids The World Village ?'s

rocky5

Earning My Ears
Hello all, I am new here so bare with me if these questions have been asked before.

Our 17 year old daughter has been granted a Make A Wish trip to Disney World. We will be going the last week in Jan. It will be me, my husband, our oldest "wish" daughter, another 7 year old daughter and our 19 month old son. I was wondering how accomidating DIsney is to "Wish" kids? ALso does anyone have any experience with Give Kids the World Village? This is where we will be staying for our trip. ANy one know how far the village is to Disney?
Thanks for reading!
Julie::MickeyMo

Wow! You are going to have an awesome time!!!! My dd (11) was granted a wish in 2001 and we stayed at GKTW Village. The CM's at Disney were wonderful. I could write a book about all the wonderful experiences that week. It truly was a once in a lifetime trip. You will absolutely LOVE the village. The volunteers and workers there are amazing. Get ready to be spoiled.

As to how far from the parks, I can't remember, I'm thinking 15-30 mins.

Any more questions, please feel free to ask.

I agree with meeshi. You are going to have a fantastic time. Say what you will about the Walt Disney World Resort, they are almost perfect when it comes to helping the Make-A-Wish program. Make sure to get your Guest Assistance Card from the Make-A-Wish Village. It will indicate to the Walt Disney World Cast that you are apart of the Make-A-Wish program. Also, if you have any challenges or special requests, please don't hesitate to stop in at any of the Guest Relation's locations. I have seen Guest Relations Cast Members move mountains to help Make-A-Wish Guests.

The Make-a-Wish Village is fabulous. I have a friend who volunteers there 4 days a week and I have heard so many amazing stories. It is approximately 15 minutes away from Walt Disney World.

Have a great trip :)

As the others said the Give Kids the World Villiage is wonderful. Your family will have the most wonderful, magical time there.

My DD had a Make A Wish trip back in October 2001 (she was 5) and we just stopped in for a vist on Oct 27.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Have a great time!!!!!

Melinda

We have nver been there, but I have heard absolutely fabulous wonderful things about Give Kids the World village.
Here's a link to their website.
Your GAC and hangtag (I don't know what to call it, it's sort of like a nametag without a name) identify your family as a Make A Wish family and you will get treated royally at the parks.

PS - Piglet, How was your visit back to the village? I knew you wanted to go, but didn't hear after you got back???

Hey Sue - the visit was wonderful - Tessa really enjoyed it and we had to stop and see everything. It has changed a bit since we were there - they now have minature golf. Made us very sad to leave again!!!!!

Melinda

Thanks for the reoprt, Piglet.
I know the GKTW people love to have past visitors make a return visit. Some of them posted here once to let us know how nice it makes them feel.
Glad you were able to get there. And your DD obviously has some wonderful memories of her time there.

Thanks for all the replies!! We are now more excited than ever to go!
And Sue, thanks for the link to the village. It made me cry just reading about it!!
I am sure, has the time gets closer, I will have MANY questions. Thanks also for letting me know I can ask them!!
Take care,
Julie

I'm 18 and i'm goin to be staying at the give the kids the world villas this feb. can anyone tell me what they have in villas so i know what to pack? i was really wondering if they had irons?? and just anything else that might would help me and just what its like there! thanx
~*~ Brandee~*~ :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Raisenbrand08 - I am pretty sure they do have irons. The villa that you stay in is a townhouse. Small Kitchen with all appliances, also washer & dryer. It is a great place.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy!!!!

Hey rocky5 - I sent you a PM. Hope that helps.

Melinda

Brandee, if I remember correctly they have a blow dryer on the bathroom wall. The type you would find in a hotel. They also provide some laundry detergent.

It is a wonderful place and you'll love it. I don't want to be too specific and ruin any surprises, but please feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer.

My DS7, grandma and I stayed at GKTW for his Make a Wish trip this past April and it was WONDERFUL!!! They take care of ABSOLUTELY everything!! The villas are equipped with 2 bathrooms, one of which has a whirlpool tub!! There are many activities on grounds for when you wear out from the parks. My DS enjoyed staying at GKTW one day and hanging out at the pool, playing minature golf, and soaking up the atmosphere. The staff is absolutely wonderful, the food is wonderful, and the grounds are beautiful. Don't miss the "special" things they do at GKTW that will make your child feel so special.

As for Disney, the CM couldn't have treated us better. Most times they will take you to the front of the line on all the rides, give you special seating at shows (even if your medical challenge is not outwardly noticeable), and take you to the front of the line to meet the characters. Besides these being wonderful perks, they are also great because my DS wore out SO quickly. If we would have had to wait in the lines for the rides, characters, etc., we would have never been able to do all we did. We would have been running back to GKTW too much for naps.

I know this is long but I have to tell you a quick funny:) . After a day at the parks, we were back at GKTW. It was about 10:00pm, DS was on dialysis in the room and we were all getting ready for bed. Actually DS was asleep. I went to the room to go to bed and noticed something "sitting" on DS. I looked at it and thought "hmmmm, I don't think we bought a toy lizzard!!" It wasn't a toy, it was a REAL lizzard!!! It had crawled in under one of the doors to keep cool during the day and it was happily sitting on DS's chest!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I freaked and grandma about passed out!! We spent the next hour chasing the poor little thing out of the room!!!! After that we learned to put towels in front of the door stops!!!:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions! It was a fabulous trip! (and DS has had his transplant!!! YIPPPEE!:teeth: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter