Give me all your creative ideas for a Mickey-themed birthday party!

QueenofMyCastle

Earning My Ears
Hi! My youngest son will be turning 2 and we just returned from WDW where he fell in love with the mouse! :love: (He calls him "me-me" :earboy2: ) Naturally the ONLY choice for his b'day party would be a Mickey theme. His party isn't until the end of summer but I like to get head starts on b'day parties so that I have have a nice long time to plan and I don't have to spend the money all at once. What are your ideas? We are really just in the early planning stages so any ideas would be appreciated. I thought we could all wear our Mickey ears and pins and Mickey shirts we got at WDW. I bought some cookies that were Mickey shaped. I bought the invites and plates at a party store and I was looking around dollar stores for Mickey things to put in goody bags (so far I found Mickey pencils) . My boys love "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" that just started coming on the Disney channel and I tape it everytime it comes on so I thought we could play that at the party. What else, fellow crafty Mousketeers? Do you know of any places online that would sell good Mickey stuff? I saw some places online are selling some Mickey ears headbands for parties. Does anyone have an experience with these? Just wondering if they are worth it or if I should just buy regular old party hats. Thanks!

Hi there. Just a few quick ideas for you.

You could go with red, yellow, white and black as colors for decorations and plates, napkins, cups, utensils, balloons, streamers etc. (Mickey Mouse colors) The character party plates can be expensive, especially if you need a lot.

Since they birthday boy will be 2, if you do any games you would want them to be simple. You could play a Mickey version of Duck, Duck, Goose (Mickey, Mickey, Mouse for example).

Another game you could do (indoors) would be to get a bunch of helium balloons. You could cut Mickey Mouse ears out of construction paper or card stock and tape them to the top of each balloon. Make sure each balloon has a LONG string or ribbon attached to it, almost to the floor. To the end of each ribbon you can attach a card with a picture on it. The picture can be of anything Mickey related, other characters, Mickey ears, a picture of the castle etc. Give each child an index card with 2 or 3 (however many you decide) pictures on it. You can punch a hole above each picture. The object of the game is to find a match for the pcitures on the card with the cards that are attached to each balloon. Once a match is found, the balloon can be tied onto the index card. At the end of the party, each child will have their own bunch of Mickey balloons to bring home. (hope this makes sense, it has been a long day).

Also, you could print up a bunch of Mickey (and Friend) coloring pages for the kids to color.

One last idea would be to make your own pinata. You could make a Mickey shaped one failry easily using a balloon and then attcaching carboard ears.

Good Luck with party plans, and Happy Birthday to your son!!

You could also make individual ice cream balls in a Mickey head shape. Use a cupcake tin and holders to do this in. Make a regular scoop for his head and then you a smaller scoop (a cookie scoop or melon baller could work well) for his ears. Then add some candies for his face and when the party starts the ice cream is already dished out and each child gets his own Mickey ice cream treat.

You could also get stickers with Mickey and friends on them and hide them in a room or two and have the hunt for the hidden Mickeys.

I had another idea for a game. You could tell the kids that Pluto, Mickey's dog has lost his bones. You could either use actual dog bones or make some candy bones, or even find plastic ones (dollar section at target sometimes has them etc.) You could divide the kids into teams and have them search for Pluto's bones. The 'winning' team could get a prize...with younger kids I would give everyone a prize, but you could let the 'winning' team pick first. (Maybe have a bucket full of small toys or stickers etc.)

You could play a hidden Mickey game. Either hide Mickey's around the house like easter eggs or hide mickey shapes on things like the walls or pictures.

This winter I found bags of chocolate Mickey cookies at Walgreens for 99 cents.

Also, a Mickey head shaped cake would be really easy to make.

For the kids bags you could get Mickey fruit snacks and maybe Pez dispensors.

You could serve ice cream with two chocolate wafflers or oreos on top so that it looks like mickey. Put food in upside down mickey hats and arrange bowls of snacks as mickey heads. You can use either a mickey head cookie cutter or a mickey ice cube tray to make jello. Use a mickey head hole punch to make confetti. If you have mickey gloves, you can use them as a centerpiece. You could put a wand made out of star garland in the hand/glove. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter