Go taxi's, any way to download without a Japanese phone number?

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
I tried to download the Go taxi ap, and I can't without a Japanese phone number... my friend said that they did it with US phone number. She said her son figured it out. Does anyone know if there is a way... a legal way to download it so that I can set it up for our trip.?

Also can someone tell me if taxi's are readily available outside train stations, I guess what I'm trying to say is there like a Taxi Stand?

Thanks in advance

You can download it without a Japanese phone number or app store account but at some point, they started requiring a Japanese phone number to use. If you really want, you can get a Japanese phone number from Mobal but I don't really think the app is necessary since it's relatively easy to just hail a taxi off the street in most major cities. Just be aware that taxi drivers often have a direction that they want to go, especially at night, so if you grab a taxi off the wrong side of the street, they may tell you to get out and find a taxi on the other side of the street going in the correct direction.

Major stations often have taxi stands right outside. If you're only going to be in Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto, I don't think it'll be necessary to use any taxi hailing apps.

As @gelatoni fan said, there are taxi stands outside of major train stations and most of the drivers speak enough English to get you where you want to go. It'll be easier if you can show them a Japanese address, though.

If you're staying at a hotel, the staff is usually willing to call you a car, too.

Uber works for regular taxis if you get in a crunch. I think it might be a little more expensive though. I might try Didi our next trip if I can find a good first time user coupon. Here's an article on different options and the areas they serve. Link

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter